BG66 colors

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by singnflip4life, Nov 20, 2009.

1. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    Do the colors make a difference?

I ask because it was recently brought to my attention that the new Ashaway ZyMax strings perform much better in White or Optic Yellow, as compared to the Platinum/Silver color, which does not perform as well compared to its brighter counterparts.

So my question is, is BG66 affected in the same way as well?

And yes I did a search and all I got were lists of colors.

2. huangxl

huangxl Regular Member

Student
    I heard from my stringer that white is alway the best for performance as the dye affect the repulsion. That's y alot of the pro use white color string. Only some use lime color

3. singnflip4life

Full Time Med Student
    I see. That makes sense when I think about things on a molecular level. By the same token, stencil ink should affect performance as well, shouldn't it?

4. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

I dont know about bg66 but as for BG 80, a lot of the Danish players like the BG 80 YELLOW. They say it has more texture than the white.

5. DivingBirdie

DivingBirdie Regular Member

student
    this is what i've been told as well. I don't know how true it is. But when you scratch white strings with your nails it does feel different compared to coloured strings doesnt it?

6. huangxl

huangxl Regular Member

Student
    Seriously i nv know. Maybe my level no gd or because i use different string on different racket. So too many variable for me to call. But just sharing what i heard.

7. singnflip4life

Full Time Med Student
    Mkk. Well I guess I'll just have to order a bunch of colors from mybadmintonstore.com and test them out. Unless there's a place in the US that actually stocks more than just white and yellow bg66?

8. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    I think, pros uses white strings, or lime strings, partly because the stencil of the manufacturer's logo can go on visibly. As most stencil ink are in red or black, these colors do not go well with dark colored strings.

I have friends who insist on yellow bg66 as well when they pass their rackets to me for stringing. I dont know why, but they play they same to me. But, i dislike bg66 in colors such as black and blue. Feels pretty different to me.:) Might be psychological.:p

9. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    wow .. but i only find strings that match my racquets colour :):), but still prefter white :D

10. adonis

adonis Regular Member

DC Badminton Panda Power Australian Distributor, S
    i find that white is the easiest to match.

i'm quite anal about colors on the racket so i try to coordinate my strings and grips according to the racket :)

11. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I will take white as my first choice , if dont have take the lime color as Lin dan put in his N90 , for the first time , he handle his racket!

12. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Back to topic, I can't say I have noticed a difference between the many (many) BG66 colours - they all break as quickly as each other:D. The surface is so smooth that there's no way to judge any impact on slicing etc, so just pick the one that suits you best (and you'll find something you like as there are about ten colours I'm aware of).

On a side-note, I also find yellow BG-80 to be the grippiest colour but white to be the most repulsive. I always wondered why/how Optic became the de jure colour for BG-80 - perhaps it has to do with grip...

13. singnflip4life

Full Time Med Student
    I see. Thanks for giving me a concrete answer Mark. I finally have it. Yea there are close to a dozen colors at MBS, but I wasn't going to sacrifice playability for color.

So now I can get royal blue for my Trixon, black and white hybrid for my PowerPlay, blue-purple for my old carbonex, gold /silver for my superlight, the sky is the limit.

I wish the had red for my nano 900 power.