Thats it!

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by Paul009, Nov 13, 2002.

1. Paul009

Paul009 Regular Member

Student
    The lashing out in this forum has got to stop. This is getting ridiculous when people constanly complain about what is posted on this forum. May I rimind you that there are a total of over 40000 posts on this forum, it is impossible not to repeat topics, I understand that the FAQ was recently set up because of these problems, but people don't need to freak out just because a person repeats a question or starts an arleady posted topic. Not everyone has been posting on this forum for 4 years, and many of us are trying our hardest to search the posts. But what really pisses me off is when people start a new forum, and get bashed just because it has been posted before. Overall, this site is very unwelcoming to newer members.

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Calm down man...

I can see your point. However, try to eliminate "duplicate topics" is a way to cut down the mess traffic in this site. If everyone just repeat certain topics over and over, we will be out of space soon. Not even metion, to others, it's kinda boring and waste of time to just read and answer the same several questions.

I think to solve this problem, we really need to work from 2 sides. For the "veterans", we should just try to be nice and helpful, while "enforcing" the rules of using search and FAQ. For the new users, try to get used to the environment as soon as possible. No need to feel bad if once make a mistake or so, but just try not to do it over and over again.

Let's work together, but not blaming each other. I can see most of us here are just try to improve this community, but not to against each other.

3. jwu

jwu Regular Member

Medical Research
    Hey paul, the reason for the recent "topic control" is because repeated topics have come up in very short period of times. Within one week of time, people have mention the whole distribution code issue at least 4 or 5 times in different thread. It is really not that hard to look up informations if you just take the time to search a little. It usually means checking the forum maybe 3 pages back at most usually. Anyway, sorry you felt unwelcomed at this site, but personally I have to completely disagree with you because this site is a lot warmer than most of the other forums I've been in, and a lot more informative too.

4. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    dun hav a cow man! (as Bart Simpson would say...) hav a pig! :D

anyways... with response to ur post... i dun think u'd lik it if ur surfing on this site and take ~1min to get from a page to another would ya? cuz if u dont... then keep it down with duplicate threads!

5. Paul009

Paul009 Regular Member

Student
    Sorry

Sorry if I overeacted. By no means am i bad mouthing the site, because it is wonderful. Props to the people running it. I guess that i didn't think of it from that perspective. But it is best if we all help in stablizing the FAQ in order to prevent these problems( its been up for days and only a few posts) People should try and contribute more to the FAQ, even one or two responses/posts will be of great help. Anyways, sorry to the people that got ticked off, perhaps i just needed to blow off steam.

6. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Hey, every newbie deserves to get one free GET OUT OF JAIL card. In this case, we should be a bit more tolerant of new people.

7. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    isn't that from monopoly?? :D

wait a minute badrad... aren't u a "bit" old for Monopoly? :p

8. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

No, No, NO!

That would be sooo unbadminton like, we are supposed to snob off beginners look at the closely related thread about "most badminton players being sucko" ;P This is exactly how we are supposed to be, and we wouldn't want to spoil our image would we? ;)

9. jwu

jwu Regular Member

Medical Research
    yeah let's ignore newbies and let them start their own forum sites. :D j/k

10. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    So they will start their own forum - NEW2BADMINTONFORUM.COM. Then after they've been up for a while, those posters will run into the same problem, then yet another will be started - NEWERTHANNEW2BADMINTONFORUM.COM. .... and so on....:D