User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Grips

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, no idea how to change a grip by myself, 'sides, I'll prefer the shop to do it, I don't trust myself, . Anyway, I love badminton since I first pick up the racquet, I think, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default oh yeah.....

I used to use towel grips, but for some reason or other I always got blisters. Can anyone tell me why?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joanne, could be the way you hold your grip, too tight and/or not correct? There are many people I know who have played badminton for many years and still not have the correct grip.

I personally don't like the feel of the towel grip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joanne wrote: I used to use towel grips, but for some reason or other I always got blisters. Can anyone tell me why?

Joanne, do your palms or hands sweat a lot or do you wipe your sweat off with your palms? If so, the towel grip will get wet and when the grip dries each time, it gets harder and stiffer. Consequently when the grip is old, you no longer have the nice, soft, fluffy towel grip but a hard old grip that can cause blisters. You will need to change the towel grip more often or use a different type of grip (which you have done).

Cheers,

Ron

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Xuser
    Yes, it's nice to see young kids here in this forum who are positive about this sport. I wonder how many kids are there around this age who frequent this forum??

Joanne is probably the only kid or even the few adults I know that find grips are so important. Keep up the good work Joanne!
    She's only 11? From her posts, i would have guessed a lot older. My grammer/spelling didn't become that good until.... ahh nevermind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry Ron. I had to disagree with you on one subject here. I simply cannot understand how one can stay with the same grip for years??? Not even over 6 months if you play a couple of times a week. Even if you don't have a sweaty palm, you can still wear out the grip.
    I've had one grip for ~2 years and it still looks exactly like new. It doesn't have the "new" grippy feeling but thats the way i like it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ronk
    Joanne, do your palms or hands sweat a lot or do you wipe your sweat off with your palms? If so, the towel grip will get wet and when the grip dries each time, it gets harder and stiffer. Consequently when the grip is old, you no longer have the nice, soft, fluffy towel grip but a hard old grip that can cause blisters. You will need to change the towel grip more often or use a different type of grip (which you have done).

Cheers,

Ron
    hmm, maybe that's the problem, I've been using that towel grip for 2-3 years already. Xuser, I think my grip is correct, I don't have any more problems with my new grip. Oh, and a towel grip is very comfortable when it's still new. Hmm....I've heard people say that before too, me being older, but I don't believe it. I mean, if my grammar is so good, how come I never won the English prize before?! lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a thought that because of your age your hand is clearly going to be quite small. Are you comfortable with the grip, or does the size of the grip force you to grip loosely, which could lead to the grip rubbing and causing blisters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

My hand isn't that small, lol. Just a bit smaller to my mum's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default last long time

How can you make your grip last for a long time?

Well, there a little trick when you're using a rubber overgrip.. once the grip is worn out...take it off, flip it upside down and regrip with that same grip (do not use the backside though because there's no grip there). When regripping with this "trick" follow the same line as it was when you first put it on (it should show because of the sweat absorbed making a line). This will allow you to use the grip perhaps another week or 2 if you play a lot. Unfortunately, the grip size is immensely smaller than what it would be if the grip was new because it's already been used.

When using this little "trick", make sure you don't use the grip for more than 3 weeks or so because it'll start wearing down the original grip underneath because the overgrip has already been used and it's thinner...

Well..i don't know if you guys will try it, i know the performance won't be good or as good. I usually don't use this because grip is so important, I find that it's just better to get new ones . uhh, it's just a little thing to use if you haev no more grips and a last resort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Cool trick, I'll try it. If I can, that is. I don';t even know how to change a grip! lol!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. 3rd page. Anyway, I was wondering, if your grip is worn out will your hands have blisters? Not towel grips, normal ones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, it's nice to see young kids here in this forum who are positive about this sport. I wonder how many kids are there around this age who frequent this forum??

Joanne is probably the only kid or even the few adults I know that find grips are so important. Keep up the good work Joanne!
    I'm 12 years and I've been playing for 2-3 yrs. Know what you mean I can hardly get my mum to get me to the pro shop.... and I agree on "Yes, it's nice to see young kids here in this forum who are positive about this sport." computer games whats so good about them??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can someone tell me how to change a grip properly?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by zerochillnet
    can someone tell me how to change a grip properly?
    tape one end of the grip at the base, start wrapping around the handle either clockwise or counter-clockwise depending on your preference. Depending on how thick you want the grip to be, you can overlap about 1/8 of the grip width (think this is standard, I've seen people do it 1/4 or more) and just keep doing it until you reach the cone. Trim off the excess grip and apply the grip tape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shes 11 and a girl. i doubt her hands sweat. dont see how she could hold it to tight either. why use overgrips anyway? the grip that came with my yonex seems to last forever. then again it doesnt absorb liquid at all. if my hand gets sweaty i just whipe it off on my tshirt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by iwannaeatkimmy
    shes 11 and a girl. i doubt her hands sweat. dont see how she could hold it to tight either. why use overgrips anyway? the grip that came with my yonex seems to last forever. then again it doesnt absorb liquid at all. if my hand gets sweaty i just whipe it off on my tshirt.
    My hands do sweat. And I do use overgrips, they're more comfy to play with. I wear a wrist band anyway.

I'm 12 years and I've been playing for 2-3 yrs. Know what you mean I can hardly get my mum to get me to the pro shop.... and I agree on "Yes, it's nice to see young kids here in this forum who are positive about this sport." computer games whats so good about them??
    You're the first boy to ever say that! The computer games part. lol. thought all boys are the same.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast