bag recommendation needed!

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by b.leung, Nov 23, 2009.

1. b.leung

b.leung Regular Member

Hey guys
    I've recently gotten back into badminton.
    I'm a frequent player, at least 2-3 times a week for 1-2 hours each session.
    There are only 2 rackets in my possession, going to expand to 4 very soon.
    There should be a shoe compartment in the bag so I don't have to find somewhere to stuff my pair of shoes.
    I prefer a black/red colour scheme (to match racket and shoes), but that's not too important.
    The bag shouldn't be too big, I'd hate to lug around a big bag.
    Any brand is fine with me, so long as the bag is not ugly (I saw this really ugly sotx bag).
    If you can provide a model number and an approximate price I can search up an image. If you can attach an image along with the other information, it'll be greatly appreciated.
    If you have similar needs and the bag you own right now fits your needs really well please share your experiences with your bag. Writing what you like, and what you wished was better.
    Thanks guys!
    (under $120 USD please)

2. neohenry

neohenry Regular Member

3. tjayuk

tjayuk Regular Member

Ive just got the Yonex 8926 its mainly red and black. I havent put all my stuff in it yet but looks a good size and can fit shoes. Its a 6 racket bag and not too big i hate large bags too :)

4. b.leung

b.leung Regular Member

hey tjayuk, can you post a picture of your bag?
    how much stuff can you fit into your bag??
    I'm now carrying around 3 tubes of birds, extra grip, scissors, skipping rope, shirt+shorts, bath-size towel, a pair of shoes some food and soon to be 3 rackets
    you think that will fit in the 8926??

5. druss

druss Regular Member

Yonex 9331 or 091? Found them on ebay.

6. tjayuk

tjayuk Regular Member

Hi

I will post a picture when im home this afternoon. I am now using the bag heres a list of what I have inside.

1x pair of shoes
    2x tube of feathers
    1x tennis racket
    4x badminton rackets
    spare grips & scissors
    2x tshirts
    1x socks
    1x change of clothes
    1x towel

I probably could squeeze more in if i really needed. There is plenty of room for me. Overall im very happy with the bag and im glad i didnt get a bulky 9 racket bag

Will update pics asap

7. b.leung

b.leung Regular Member

Thanks mate, really appreciate this info.
    The bag does look amazing. I have a friend who is willing to sell me one of his unused bags for 40 CAD (~25 euro?), I'm gonna see what size it is and decide if i should get the 8926 instead.

8. jmore

jmore Regular Member

how about the yonex 7824 bag? theres one with a colour scheme of red, black and white (or light silver i cant tell). ive only seen pics of this bag on the internet and i'm not too sure how much itll cost. but it looks nice.
    here are some pics.

Attached Files:

9. tjayuk

tjayuk Regular Member

Hi heres some pics of the bag i apologise about the quality can only take pics from my phone at the moment!

I have one tennis racket and 4 bad rackets in here at the moment

Attached Files:

10. $@$UKE AMISH

$@$UKE AMISH Regular Member

STUDENT
    how muc hdoes it cost by the way XD :)

11. TheNotoriousLIG

TheNotoriousLIG Regular Member

Student
    IMG00036-20110601-0946.jpg IMG00035-20110601-0945.jpg IMG00039-20110601-0949.jpg IMG00038-20110601-0948.jpg
    I got this fleet bag from the yehlex uk website for £25. Its a six racquet bag with a shoe slot and loads of extra pockets. It seems to be well made and I think it looks good. It has 2 compartments plus 3 accessory pockets and a shoe pocket think at the top for shoes. I think this would be ideal for your needs as it is good for mine. it also has space to keep a drink, ur shuttles, etc. brilliant bag.

12. Winn108

Winn108 Regular Member

I suggest looking at a bunch of online stores to see what you can order and what's available to you.. no point getting a bag recommendation and you can't get the bag :p do you care about brand? or will any bag do?

if you're from toronto, not many good places to shop that are cheap. mjstrings.ca is not bad, check out canucks badminton stuff, you can also check out some tennis stores (which will have yonex bags which work for badminton as well). I recently got a 9 racket bag from badmintonshoponline (http://www.badmintonshoponline.us/s...ton-bag-axjd066-9-rackets-capacity-p-618.html) bag is not bad.. I find that if you get a bigger bag.. you just find more stuff to put in it :p

13. onitsuka33

onitsuka33 Regular Member