Carlton Vapour Trail Elite

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by cayzi, Nov 24, 2009.

1. cayzi

cayzi Regular Member

Hi!

Anyone who are using this racket it would be great if you share your experience.

Regards

2. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Put simply, it's a beast. Head heavy and stiff, it isn't for everyone but if you can handle it, I would definitely recommend it to you.

If you haven't already read my review of it in the Vapour Trail thread, take a look at it for a more detailed view of my opinions.

3. cayzi

cayzi Regular Member

Sorry I mean Tour model not Elite.

I read your review but I like to hear from others as well. :eek:

4. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

The Vapour Trail Tour is simply one of the best rackets I ever used. I use it everynow and then along with my yonex and apacs rackets. In my opinion it would suits a defensive/double player. Its quite flexible and gives a great deal of control, and not bad for smashing too. If you are this type of player you wont be disappointed with this.

5. gwheng

gwheng Regular Member

Engineer
    Hi Guys,

long time never come back here to give some comments.
    Well i have the Vanquish and Elite. i originally want to get Tour but no stock, then thought Vanquish may have similar character.

Vapour Trail Vanquish , 28lbs, Yonex Ti68. to me this racket not enough power for smash. it made me feel my strength was absorbed. is light is easy to swing and faster to swing compare to airblade elite, FX9. but it more suitable for not attack playing style to me.

Vapour Trail Elite, 28lbs , Yonex Ti68. To me is not light, is stiff type and shorter shaft compare to Vanquish and Elite is an attack style racket. if you have enough strength to drive it for few game, it definitely will made you feel you are having a smash weapon. it is very power and smooth while the shuttle hit the string and racket. just feel smooth to complete the smash with lot of power and can feel the strength was able to transfer to the hit point. i get it for 3xx MYR(cant remember actual cost) but i recommend for aggressive with lot of smash playing style. control to me is good with Ti68(actually i only use Ti68 the rest do not feel suitable for my style.)

Airblade 800 (light weight, good control racket) 20British pound
    Carlton PowerFlo 807 (medium weight, all round with excellent control racket) MYR125
    Powerblade elite (smash equipment) MYR180
    Fireblade fx9 (medium weight, all round with good smash feel) MYR260
    Airblade 37 (not light, stiff, made sure you can stand it's "stiff") MYR240
    Vapour Trail Vanquish (light weight, medium flex, very good control with speed, normal feel for smash) MYR280
    Vapour Trail Viper (87g, medium stiff, good control with power smash feel) MYR280
    Vapour Trail Elite (powerfull smash equipment) MYR360

#5 gwheng, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  6. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i have the vanquish and tour, the vanquish is a lot lighter even balance and the tour is a bit heavier even balance. i would say it's a high 3u weight racket and it swings like an arcsaber 3u or a muscle power tour 3u. flexibility is medium stiff to stiff, so you're not going to get a lot of whipping effect, but quite quick. the feel is wonderful, just the right amount of vibration to your hand, so in between yonex and victor rackets. i would def use this racket as a singles racket, i might not be strong enough to use it as a doubles racket. the weight is just the right amount that i get some smashing power, but the shaft is just stiff enough to give me the control at the net whether it's a drop shot or a net drive or net kill shot. the color is nice too, flashy, just the way i like it, but i also like rackets with very stealthy colors too.