23 X 25 deformed the racket.

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by warlock110, Nov 25, 2009.

1. warlock110

warlock110 Regular Member

the racket face isn't quite as long as before. I'm thinking that I've done too much on the
    main that causes it to shorten. Should I try 21 X 25?

it plays fine, i'm just paranoid about it.

2. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

I will not restring without finding out th source of problem. otherwise, IF the problem can NOT be reproduced, you have a different issue.

are you doing the stringing? Does the stringing machine have a 4-point or 6-point or 2-point support? are the 12 and 6 o'clock positions of the racket tightly supported during stringing? are you sure the machine is calibrated so that 23 is really 23 and 25 is really 25?

anyway, racket should be fine at that tension, but it's necessary to make sure such issue will not occur again and you can trust the tension you are getting.

3. Distanc3

Distanc3 Regular Member

stringer for community centers
    check your post are secured when you string :D

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    That sounds more of mounting issue rather than tension issue. If you not tightenly secure the frame when mounting, it will happen. Also, clamping and knotting which result into tension loss can contribute the problem as well. Simply blindly change the tension will result into even more damage later on. :eek:

5. warlock110

warlock110 Regular Member

it's a 2 clamp stringer (drop weight), i'm thinking it might be the clamping issue, i did clamp it tight but not super tight... never thought of that, will try it and let you guys know.

6. Distanc3

Distanc3 Regular Member

stringer for community centers
    warlock110
    before you string mount the racket, try moving the post, and see if it would budge.
    when you figure out how to mount the racket correctly i advise you that when you string your racket it would be acceptable to stretch the frame slightly longer (vertically) it'll give a better final shape after you string
    good luck!!! and let us know how it goes ;)