User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MD - one player getting chased around

Hello,

I frequently play double with some guy - we fit together very well, but my footwork is stronger than his. The competition has picked up on that just fine, and their tactics has settled down on sending him running as much as possible. I.e., if I end up at the net, they keep playing in the back corners, having him run left and right etc. (same when *he's* at the net, with the front corners), or when we are on the defensive (side-by-side), they keep playing on the outside of his part of the field, back and front.

He has good technique and all, but he keeps getting winded and frustrated soon, and this gets exploited a lot.

What would you do, except have him train so he's faster (it's a matter of gray-hair-age, and it's all friendly recreational competition here - he won't get really faster anymore)?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey

Im not actually a master tactician but you should check out the MD videos on you tube perhaps on how they cover each other and switching play and therefore none of them gets too much pressure

I also find out that sometime a slower pace can be compensate with better skills and game understanding

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That does tend to happen a lot especially if opponents figure out the weak link.The game becomes very boring as 70% points are taken from that "link"..
    The only option is to start switching positions which will require some understanding and presence of mind.It will also confuse your opponents a bit and will give you guys some advantage.