MD - one player getting chased around

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Addict123, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Addict123

Addict123 Regular Member

Hello,

I frequently play double with some guy - we fit together very well, but my footwork is stronger than his. The competition has picked up on that just fine, and their tactics has settled down on sending him running as much as possible. I.e., if I end up at the net, they keep playing in the back corners, having him run left and right etc. (same when *he's* at the net, with the front corners), or when we are on the defensive (side-by-side), they keep playing on the outside of his part of the field, back and front.

He has good technique and all, but he keeps getting winded and frustrated soon, and this gets exploited a lot.

What would you do, except have him train so he's faster (it's a matter of gray-hair-age, and it's all friendly recreational competition here - he won't get really faster anymore)?

Thanks!

2. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Hey

Im not actually a master tactician but you should check out the MD videos on you tube perhaps on how they cover each other and switching play and therefore none of them gets too much pressure

I also find out that sometime a slower pace can be compensate with better skills and game understanding

3. Nightbird

Nightbird Regular Member

That does tend to happen a lot especially if opponents figure out the weak link.The game becomes very boring as 70% points are taken from that "link"..
    The only option is to start switching positions which will require some understanding and presence of mind.It will also confuse your opponents a bit and will give you guys some advantage.

4. opikbidin

opikbidin Regular Member

Student
    If he must chase from the left-right back corner when you are at the front, then you are partly responsible as you should've take the cross-court to the corner and rotate with your partner. If he is running back and forth in a side by side, what shot does he use? If it's a clear and lift then it's wrong. make him practice his drops and smash.

all in all, I think the partner should definitely work on his footwork, and both of you should up your game more.

5. |_Footwork_|

|_Footwork_| Regular Member

PLEASE STOP THIS CRAP opikbidin.

6. No_footwork

No_footwork Regular Member

Accountant
    hehe. :) Was a little puzzled at first, but saw the dates of the last posts.

Probably not the norm, resurrecting old threads. For what it's worth I did find the topics interesting and informative (as a relatively newbie).