User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Lee Chong Wei had expressed concerns

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post

if kkk can play 2 department for 4 weeks in a row(more than 1000 minutes court duration)
    can play again in ss master final
    and sea games(individual included md and xd and team event)
    why not lcw that only played 6 matches in 2 weeks cant?

Not that Lee Chong Wei can't. We thought we should understand he had expressed concerns.

Taken from the article (see Post #18);
    "Chong Wei had expressed concerns as the SEA Games competitions (Dec 10-17) will be held four days after the completion of the Masters Finals (Dec 2-6). Having recovered fully from a left knee injury recently, Chong Wei feared it would act up again and was in two minds over competing in Laos."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Lee Chong Wei gets little freedom to choose what he wishes to do

Thanks limsy, I have received your mail.

It shows that Lee Chong Wei gets little freedom to choose what he wishes to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lets be clear ...

Look at Roger Federer. Do you think he is under pressure all the time to deliver or being Roger is all about travelling 1st class, staying at 5 stars hotels, sipping champagne, rubbing shoulders with Hollywood A-listers?

Look at em' Premier League footballers. They got to play 38 league games a season. And if we throw in em' various cup games, we are looking at more than 45 games a season. Take David Beckham, for example. He just completed the US season, injured and now he got to recover fast to catch the Italian season and then hopefully head on over to South Africa. Put David Beckham, Stevie G or Robbie Keane's schedules next to LCW, you will see LCW is having a massive holiday.

Malaysian shuttlers in summary are a pampered lot, period.

Without BAM, LCW wont be what he is today. He wont be driving some fancy BMW. He wont be having a big bank account and most certainly he wont be having a pretty girlfriend.. He should stop moaning about having to show up for tourneys because playing in tourneys in what he is paid to do. We certainly didnt hear him saying he was too tired or sleepy to pick up that big cheque after the Olympics!

Before we say that LCW has no say over what BAM decides, lets be clear that BAM is the employer and LCW is the employee. And pressure is part of life. Whether you play badminton, football, tennis, cricket professionally or whether you are a student, lawyer, labourer, plumber, teacher, hair stylist, rubber tapper, etc ... you cant escape from pressure.

LCW is paid a very decent allowance for life. Please note again, for life. This means if he lives till 101 years old, we, the tax payers gotta carry his bum bum for over the next 74 years. It is a fair request for Malaysia to expect LCW to be at the SEA games.

Compare LCW to all of us, ordinary folks, LCW is living a blessed and charmed life. He dont have to go to work like us from 9-5 to meet datelines, targets etc etc. Plus, most of us wont have the government giving us RM3k+ every month for life.

SSF is already a weakened field, plus it is held in LCW's porch. The SEA games, without China etc is not going to be nerve wrecking. LCW should stop moaning and whingeing, pull up his panties and attend the tourneys as requested by his Boss.

At the end of the day, no such thing as LCW want the money but not the strings that comes with it.
    Last edited by Pemuda; 11-28-2009 at 07:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well spoken Pemuda. Well the media is just putting the icing on the dumps. Make it sounds nicer. Yes i do agree that LCW has to deliver the goods. At the moment he is the only one that is capable to do so.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Look at Roger Federer. Do you think he is under pressure all the time to deliver or being Roger is all about travelling 1st class, staying at 5 stars hotels, sipping champagne, rubbing shoulders with Hollywood A-listers?

Look at em' Premier League footballers. They got to play 38 league games a season. And if we throw in em' various cup games, we are looking at more than 45 games a season. Take David Beckham, for example. He just completed the US season, injured and now he got to recover fast to catch the Italian season and then hopefully head on over to South Africa. Put David Beckham, Stevie G or Robbie Keane's schedules next to LCW, you will see LCW is having a massive holiday.

Malaysian shuttlers in summary are a pampered lot, period.

Without BAM, LCW wont be what he is today. He wont be driving some fancy BMW. He wont be having a big bank account and most certainly he wont be having a pretty girlfriend.. He should stop moaning about having to show up for tourneys because playing in tourneys in what he is paid to do. We certainly didnt hear him saying he was too tired or sleepy to pick up that big cheque after the Olympics!

Before we say that LCW has no say over what BAM decides, lets be clear that BAM is the employer and LCW is the employee. And pressure is part of life. Whether you play badminton, football, tennis, cricket professionally or whether you are a student, lawyer, labourer, plumber, teacher, hair stylist, rubber tapper, etc ... you cant escape from pressure.

LCW is paid a very decent allowance for life. Please note again, for life. This means if he lives till 101 years old, we, the tax payers gotta carry his bum bum for over the next 74 years. It is a fair request for Malaysia to expect LCW to be at the SEA games.

Compare LCW to all of us, ordinary folks, LCW is living a blessed and charmed life. He dont have to go to work like us from 9-5 to meet datelines, targets etc etc. Plus, most of us wont have the government giving us RM3k+ every month for life.

SSF is already a weakened field, plus it is held in LCW's porch. The SEA games, without China etc is not going to be nerve wrecking. LCW should stop moaning and whingeing, pull up his panties and attend the tourneys as requested by his Boss.

At the end of the day, no such thing as LCW want the money but not the strings that comes with it.
    Well said...except the part that you say he pull up his panties...I didn't know that fella wear those stuff, kind of kinky though

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if kkk can play 2 department for 4 weeks in a row(more than 1000 minutes court duration)
    As i said before, KKK play in doubles. While LCW played in singles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree!

... but knowing the boleh mentality, they will still say that LCW is playing singles which is much much more challenging and tiring. Doubles is more like a picnic, full of sunshine and love.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why dont BAM suggest DLCW to quit SSF and participate in SEA Games?

What in DLCW's head is money, rather than bring glory to him own country. And this is normal, for athletes.

1 is play few games and win hundred-thousands of ringgit.
    1 is play more than few games and win nothing except medal.

How much he gets by becoming SSF Champion?
    And how much he gets as SEA Game winner?

3 years old kampung boy win make the decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jug8man View Post
    My humble opinion....

From the player point of view... BAM is expecting too much and unfair from LCW. His achievement in the Super Series / world ranking should be appreciated. BAM / Malaysian fans in general forget about how bad Malaysia's MS category was before LCW came in.

LCW has done us proud and should not be over pressured to produce results. It's almost like theyre holding him at gun point some times.

Perhaps t's LCW fault for being too 'obedient'. His nature is to be 'taken advantage of'
    Tell me how bad is MAS MS' department before DLCW came in.

And tell me how good is MAS MS' department after DLCW came in.

I see him a good player without any major championship's medal in his pocket. Even HH is better from him if we are talking about Major Championship.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow The SS Masters Finals is held in Malaysia, so LCW must participate

Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post

Why don't BAM suggest DLCW to quit SSF and participate in SEA Games?

Probably, BAM is thinking:
    * The SS Masters Finals is held in Malaysia, so LCW must participate.
    * Malaysia aims to bag more medals at the SEA Games, so LCW must participate too.

In contrast, PBSI is thinking:
    * Indonesia aims to bag more medals at the SEA Games, let's not enter the SS Masters Finals.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 11-29-2009 at 07:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something to clarify here...

LCW needs to enter SS Final due to sponsor's obligation, not only BAM alone...

1) LCW sponsored by YONEX, SS Masters too... So without China & Korea players, and with LCW titled world #1, therefore he must complete the tourney as requested. Else, MS department no more shine... YONEX sponsor the event (big prize), but no good players turn up... promotion strategy no longer effective.

2) SS Masters held at MAS. LCW as MAS citizen, with the homeground organizer, he also must turn up...

For SEA games, actually in my opinion it's something to let our jr/youngsters to prepare (let them gain exp, also lose also nvm ma, we cant just rely on datuk only)... Coz it's just regional games, he can only got the chance for MS gold (and not ensure, coz Sony always perform well during big tourney, by kicking LCW out to spectators seat) unlike AG/OG, which the gold is more important for overall placing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BAM is the 'thing' in Chong Wei's Sea Games participation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell me how bad is MAS MS' department before DLCW came in.

And tell me how good is MAS MS' department after DLCW came in.

I see him a good player without any major championship's medal in his pocket. Even HH is better from him if we are talking about Major Championship.
    Sure, I will gladly provide such info... but only to the best of my personal library (brain :P)

Before LCW

Malaysia Singles=
    -China Open 2003? WCH
    -AE 2001 or 2002? MHH
    - Philipine Open 2007? MHH (not considered a major tournament)
    - Roslin Hashim? Swiss open & Japan open title in 199x / 200x (7 point system)
    - Lee Tsuen Seng? some dutch open title in 199x / 200x (2 star tourney only)

Mas singles generally enter very few finals of GP Tourneys in a year.
    Even fewer titles. Semis are normally rejoiced.

WCH was the last person 'consistently' carrying Mas pride. but less titles and much fewer 'GP Open finals' as LCW.

LCW may be a 'many time' bridesmaid' but his number of SS titles & GP titles is the best by a mile of any of his countrymen... all the way back to the time of Misbun himself.

LCW can easily be regarded as the 'BEST PERFORMING MALAYSIAN MEN SINGLES PLAYER TO DATE (if no EVER)'. Please correct me if i'm wrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jug8man View Post
    Sure, I will gladly provide such info... but only to the best of my personal library (brain :P)

Before LCW

Malaysia Singles=
    -China Open 2003? WCH
    -AE 2001 or 2002? MHH
    - Philipine Open 2007? MHH (not considered a major tournament)
    - Roslin Hashim? Swiss open & Japan open title in 199x / 200x (7 point system)
    - Lee Tsuen Seng? some dutch open title in 199x / 200x (2 star tourney only)

Mas singles generally enter very few finals of GP Tourneys in a year.
    Even fewer titles. Semis are normally rejoiced.

WCH was the last person 'consistently' carrying Mas pride. but less titles and much fewer 'GP Open finals' as LCW.

LCW may be a 'many time' bridesmaid' but his number of SS titles & GP titles is the best by a mile of any of his countrymen... all the way back to the time of Misbun himself.

LCW can easily be regarded as the 'BEST PERFORMING MALAYSIAN MEN SINGLES PLAYER TO DATE (if no EVER)'. Please correct me if i'm wrong
    You use the word before LCW. I am afraid you know less of mas badminton history since you only put some of recent MAS MS's player as compare to DLCW's.

Let me show you something :

- DLCW won 5 times Malaysia Open, which LD did not ever won before. But 1 of MAS great badminton player has won it 8 times - Wong Peng Soon.

- Asian Badminton Championship - DLCW had won it once. But same goes to Foo Kok Keong, and twice by Rashid Sidek.

- All England title - Wong Peng Soon & Eddy Choong won 4 times. Hafiz Hashim won once. DLCW Zero.

A silver-medal in OG is still a loser. Nothing to be proud of as people only remember who is the winner, and not the 2nd place.

To said DLCW is the most successful player for MAS MS's is too early. Where is the Major Championship medal?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You use the word before LCW. I am afraid you know less of mas badminton history since you only put some of recent MAS MS's player as compare to DLCW's.

- DLCW won 5 times Malaysia Open, which LD did not ever won before. But 1 of MAS great badminton player has won it 8 times - Wong Peng Soon.

- Asian Badminton Championship - DLCW had won it once. But same goes to Foo Kok Keong, and twice by Rashid Sidek.

- All England title - Wong Peng Soon & Eddy Choong won 4 times. Hafiz Hashim won once. DLCW Zero.

A silver-medal in OG is still a loser. Nothing to be proud of as people only remember who is the winner, and not the 2nd place.

To said DLCW is the most successful player for MAS MS's is too early. Where is the Major Championship medal?
    oh
    dato
    do u read that:all the way back to misbun time?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh
    dato
    is all the way back BEFORE misbun time... LOL!
    Eddy Chong come out... haha!

But what dato said is fact...
    but cant apply to today situation...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The titles & Bridesmaid titles that LCW can out-number all those mentioned above titles combined.

+ LCW has to contend with the 'superhuman' Lin Dan as an ultimate adversary.

Wong Peng Soon is also regarded as a Singapore Sporting Hero. He lived the rest of his life there for what I remember.

So Malaysia must share WPS glory fairly & equally with Singapore.
    The 8 MAS OPEN Titles devided by 2 nations = 4 Mas Open Titles Only

LCW 5 Titles still better (* jug8man is laughing insanely at his own crooked logic :P)

oh
    dato
    Yes, out of respect of the Old Timers, I choose to generalize up to Misbun time only and not ancient history.

It would be no point trying to compare too far back into the past as it will never lead to a fair comparison due to differing circumstances of Then & Now.
    Last edited by jug8man; 12-01-2009 at 05:24 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast