different quality bags?

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by jmore, Nov 27, 2009.

1. jmore

jmore Regular Member

hii

My yonex 9829 bag arrived today and i noticed that that material and everything was different to the yonex 9820.
    the colour of the blue is slightly different and the material of the white part is different quality and is a slightly different colour and the white part is easily creased on the 9289 bag. even the orange inside is different shades and the zips are different.
    both were bought from stores that say they sell authentic items.
    i'm not sure where the 9820 bag is from but the tag on it is the rectangular one with the cool hologram on one side.
    the 9829 bag was bought in australia and the tag is the other kind and is made in taiwan.
    so i was wondering if the quality of the bag varies depending on where it is made.

2. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    any photos? my guess is your 9820 bag is SP version and its made in China. And yes there is a difference in quality, eg. the zips

3. jmore

jmore Regular Member

yeah i noticed the different zips. the 9820 bag has the rectangular zip that says yonex and the 9829 bag has the round zip with the logo.
    ive got some pics of the 9820 bag which i will post up but i havent taken any photos of the 9829 bag.
    the 9820 bag really does look better in real life but when i took photos it didn't have a lot in it.
    shall do that later on and post.

Attached Files:

• bag.jpg
      bag.jpg
      File size:
      117.6 KB
      Views:
  4. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    I was also looking at the 9820 since it looks to be a good quality bag but since I'm in Hong Kong now, I'm worried that it might be a bit too big. Its quite inconvenient here if its big. By the way, how much do you carry in the 9820? I am sure it will fit everything that I normally carry but just worried about the size.

5. jmore

jmore Regular Member

Its a great bag. I don't carry much. In one compartment i have 2-4 racquets with one in an arcsaber bag, shoes in the shoes compartment, a jacket or two, trackpants, a shirt and shorts and a drink bottle in the other compartment. In the front compartment i just have things like my wallet and membership cards. The front compartment could fit quite a bit in as well because its the length of the bag.
    With all that in it's still not completely full and i could easily fit in at least 2 or 3 more racquets and more clothes.

6. jmore

jmore Regular Member

took some pics of the 9829.
    sorry for the bad lighting the sun isnt out right now.

Attached Files:

7. jmore

jmore Regular Member

moar photos

took some photos of both bags for comparison of different materials. you can see that the blue is just slightly different in colour and the white/grey part is different colour and also different material (the one on the top of the pic is the 9829). there is a big difference between the orange inside. the 9820 is much brighter. the zips are different and the black clip is different.

Attached Files: