User Tag List

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well bro, i've given another 3 houars try last night, and dont be surprised to hear that, it really doesnt suit me... here's my review again:

1.i think the tension is dropping rapidly this time... i think somewhere between 4-5 lbs... the string moves from its original position almost everytime i hit the shuttle...

2.cant feel the shuttle... every time i smash or drive, i just can feel bouncing shuttle... sounds funny but once again, my placement was awful... not enough power generated coz i think the string lost its tension and once again it doesnt suits my game play... and i can feel my string is dead... no feeling at all... dont know why...

conclusion: after the session, i decided to CUT THE STRING hehehe... dont get me wrong, i didnt say that this string is worst, probably it doesnt suits me or mixture of both elements... well, maybe im going back to my classic bg66 or bg66um... for this session, i give vs850 performance 2 1/2 stars...

for bg80, i cant say much on this string bro coz i never use it... i mostly use 0.66/0.65/0.64/0.63 strings... but i heard my friend told me it's a good string...

Quote Originally Posted by zombie0517 View Post
    Sorry bro, forgot to tell u the losing tension part VS-850 is (in)famous for losing tension. While all strings drop tension to some degree (2-3 lbs), VS-850 is particularly the case. Kwun had a post in this thread justifying the loss of tension, however be aware he is a very good stringer, and he has done everything to prevent tension loss, (pre-stretch, ECP, probably MX-80 stringing pattern). If you had a lousy stringer, the tension loss will be even more

The VS-850 will feel very different to BG66UM. However given its harder feeling I was surprised to hear it's difficult to feel the shuttle, but at least its playability doesn't suffer the longer you play - BG66UM will gradually lose tension and become "dead", but it is a superb string when "fresh".

An alternative string I would recommend is Zymax 67. Very good at holding tension

Just curious, how do you rate BG80 out of 6 stars?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has got to be one of the strangest reviews I've ever read. vS850 has superb tactility and feel off the stringbed - poll the people who have used it and posted on this thread and it would be hard not to argue that it's the best feeling 0.68 family string out there.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^ agreed... i'd question the stringing job

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno.....I think it's out of SmasherKings area of expertise.

VS850 has a few faults, but feel and tactility isn't one of them. In fact, it brings much needed feel and tactility to rackets like the MX80 and SW35 that desperately need some tempering.

I didn't like it in my C7 even before the tension drop because the C7 is already such a tactile and well damped racket (ZM67 is much better in this instance), but for the MX80 for example, it would be tough to recommend anything else from the 0.68 stable.

I think if you can afford it, if you're hooked on VS850 and play competition, you really need 2-3 identical rackets strung with it. If you've only got one, you'd be tempted to let it drop and drop till you can't stand it any more, and then your game will be up the creek when you finally do get around to the restring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup bro, regarding string job, i have little knowledge on that area .. my review was mainly based on what i felt on court while using the string... not to blame the stringer nor the string itself... i guess it's because im used to play with thinner string, therefore i found it hard to adjust with the thicker one... i've read the previous reviews given on this string and i agree that this string has a good quality , and if it's suits the player then it will gives extra punch to the game... im not sure if the string suits with certain game play or type of rackets but for my own game and feel, it doesnt suit me... i think i prefer thinner string ... maybe one day i will give a try to vs650 (0.66) who knows ...

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    I dunno.....I think it's out of SmasherKings area of expertise.

VS850 has a few faults, but feel and tactility isn't one of them. In fact, it brings much needed feel and tactility to rackets like the MX80 and SW35 that desperately need some tempering.

I didn't like it in my C7 even before the tension drop because the C7 is already such a tactile and well damped racket (ZM67 is much better in this instance), but for the MX80 for example, it would be tough to recommend anything else from the 0.68 stable.

I think if you can afford it, if you're hooked on VS850 and play competition, you really need 2-3 identical rackets strung with it. If you've only got one, you'd be tempted to let it drop and drop till you can't stand it any more, and then your game will be up the creek when you finally do get around to the restring.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usually I need a tension of 10kg. Would you recommend to string my new coming racket with 10,5 or 11kg?

It would be interesting what the tension loss curve would look like a in a graphical diagram. Probably the highest tension loss is in the beginning. The bigger question is then: How much (in kg) does the tensione lose effectively?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

after i tried this string on my racket sw35,sw37&bs12, this string is good for control because of the feel, but for smashing(repulsion) there is more better string out there.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by riffsuad View Post
    after i tried this string on my racket sw35,sw37&bs12, this string is good for control because of the feel, but for smashing(repulsion) there is more better string out there.
    Then please name them

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Accordaz View Post
    Usually I need a tension of 10kg. Would you recommend to string my new coming racket with 10,5 or 11kg?

It would be interesting what the tension loss curve would look like a in a graphical diagram. Probably the highest tension loss is in the beginning. The bigger question is then: How much (in kg) does the tensione lose effectively?
    also depends on your stringer

if he's good and does manual with double pull, or has a prestretch function on his machine with ecp, then perhaps only 1 lb higher is needed to compensate for initial loss

however, i've also noticed that when it reaches the end of it's lifespan (for me, about 2-3 months), it suddenly drops 1-2 lbs more and becomes practically unplayable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then please name them
    i prefer nbg98 at 28lbs and bg66um at 27lbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i go for bg66 n bg66um

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then please name them
    ZM 62 2nd gen, BG66S, BG66UM, NBG98.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quite keen on these strings Been using BG66/UM~

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I absolutely love the vs-850 too, and was wondering where I could get reels of it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone tried both the VS-850 and VS-800?
    How do they differ?

I have the VS-800 on my Bravesword 12 and i really don't like it. It feels very dull and i find it difficult to get power most of the time. (Very well have been due to a bad string job.)

Thinking of cutting them and restringing with Yonex or Ashaway because i can't stand it

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blableblibloblu View Post
    I absolutely love the vs-850 too, and was wondering where I could get reels of it
    give an email to eric at rkep on ebay... he is a very reliable vendor on bc forum and great to deal with

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just strung my SW37 with VS850 at 27 lbs not long ago. The VS850 at such tension really need correct technique and swing. Am now thinking to try BG66UM or NBG98. Not sure what tension thou. Maybe go for 25/26 lbs again.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast