User Tag List

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

a bit late to the game but i got myself some VS850 to try out. the black one has some really tough texture which makes stringing slightly more difficult. will try it out on court and report back.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

the feel is nice.

i strung it up at 24lbs on my BS10. the feel is snappy and the feel is very nice. repulsion is nice with a high pitch metallic sound on a smash.

the feeling compliments the BS10 well. both are fast and stiff but both have nice solid feel and good repulsion. good combo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    the feel is nice.

i strung it up at 24lbs on my BS10. the feel is snappy and the feel is very nice. repulsion is nice with a high pitch metallic sound on a smash.

the feeling compliments the BS10 well. both are fast and stiff but both have nice solid feel and good repulsion. good combo.
    Hi Kwun,
    How is it compared to BG80/NBG98? Also (off topic) How is the BS10 compared to Arc Z Slash?
    Thanks for the review.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hop-step View Post
    Hi Kwun,
    How is it compared to BG80/NBG98? Also (off topic) How is the BS10 compared to Arc Z Slash?
    Thanks for the review.
    it has a snappier feel than BG80. BG80 is more dull and less repulsion. VS850 has more feedback and more texture.

i haven't tried the NBG98. i have used a ArcZ for around 2mins with questionable stringing so that doesn't qualify me for a comparison.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the feel is nice.

Perhaps u can do a review again in 1-2mths time....like wat some players experience and posted in the earlier pages, i also felt the VS850 lost it's "playability" pretty fast.....when new, it's performs very well, repulsion is good and snappy, but from prolonged usage, the feeling deteriorates and becomes unplayable

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Porky View Post
    Perhaps u can do a review again in 1-2mths time....like wat some players experience and posted in the earlier pages, i also felt the VS850 lost it's "playability" pretty fast.....when new, it's performs very well, repulsion is good and snappy, but from prolonged usage, the feeling deteriorates and becomes unplayable
    will certainly do that. so far though, after 3+ sessions, it still feel snappy. even if it only last a month, i think it is worth it at around US$4.xx/pop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been playing a couple sessions (mainly with plastic, and 1 singles game with feather) with my RSL Silver X5 with the VS-850 string (Blue) and I have to say it's a great string, probably even a tad bit better than the BG-80 that I always play with (In terms of power, control etc.)
    Only problem is the string does tend to move ALOT.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ok. a bit more info about the string.

not sure what it is, but it is not tension loss. i measure the tension loss of the VS850@24lbs on my MX80, it went from 1150 to 1070Hz. which by all measure is just around 2-3lbs, over the period of a month with pretty intensive play. that's very reasonable and probably better than most string.

the playability didn't really suffer. i had some pretty hard games with it but while it didn't feel like new strings, the response, feel was still very good.

i know, a contrast to the reviews here but that's how i felt it.

i broke the one on my MX80 though on a mishit last week. gonna strung it again, this time at 25lbs to see how it goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not sure what it is, but it is not tension loss. i measure the tension loss of the VS850@24lbs on my MX80, it went from 1150 to 1070Hz. which by all measure is just around 2-3lbs, over the period of a month with pretty intensive play. that's very reasonable and probably better than most string.

the playability didn't really suffer. i had some pretty hard games with it but while it didn't feel like new strings, the response, feel was still very good.

i broke the one on my MX80 though on a mishit last week. gonna strung it again, this time at 25lbs to see how it goes.
    I presume that you are a good stringer and had done all the necessary procedure for optimum stringing and to minimize tension loss. With all that done it still dropped 2-3lbs in tension.

Just imagine certain unfortunate people who does not have the same stringing skills, expertise and experience like you and what would the rating like? 3-5lbs in tension loss? That is a lot.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post
    I presume that you are a good stringer and had done all the necessary procedure for optimum stringing and to minimize tension loss. With all that done it still dropped 2-3lbs in tension.

Just imagine certain unfortunate people who does not have the same stringing skills, expertise and experience like you and what would the rating like? 3-5lbs in tension loss? That is a lot.
    true. but that's completely normal with any string. with any string, the 1 day, without hitting, you normally lose 1 lbs. with the first time in the court, another lb. and then play for a few more days, another pound.

this is within normal behavior. what i am claiming is that it is not any different than other string but for some reason, people seems to think that VS-850 is worse.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

kwun

Did you prestretch?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    kwun

Did you prestretch?
    using my machine's pre-stretch feature. yes. but not anymore than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just tried out the vs850 today with my new bs10, strung at 23 lbs (yellow)

I usually play with bg70 pro strung at the same tension. The vs850 feels a lot harder. Doesn't sound too different from my bg70pro. And the strings slide quite a bit.. kinda annoying.. hoping it will settle. I think I read somewhere that some of the colors are slippier others more grippier? anyone find this to be true? may consider getting a reel of the vs850s, but they only come in white so need ot make sure..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can get a reel in black AFAIK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes! keep us posted please!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blindfury View Post
    yes! keep us posted please!
    haven't tried it. just managed to strung it a couple of days ago. Monday will be a big string testing day. and then an important tournament in the weekend. ah.. the choices of rackets and strings to use. decisions, decisions...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what decisions ? You know that despite the fact that MX80 is slightly better all rounded than SW35, the sheer power of SW35 will be better for tournaments, and the adrenaline of the tournament, will help your defence.
    Go for SW35 w/ VS850 27/28lbs or BG66U

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast