User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quotes from Canadian Yonex 2002 catalog, one full page feature of bg65
    (canada don't get bg88ti, cbg100, bg75ti, bg95)

Candra Wijaya
    BG65 is my favorite string. The performance is excellent and lasts incredibly long. Ordinary strings quality loste repulsion power and tension very quickly after heated play. But BG65 supports my aggressive style of play to the last. I could never use another string.

Gong Zhichao
    The key of my style of play is 'control'. I have to practice hard to achieve the sensitive placement that makes my opponent give up the chase. BG65's long playability helps a lot. I can transfer my full intention to the shuttlecock - especially on difficult shots like hair-pins and cuts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by cooler
    Quotes from Canadian Yonex 2002 catalog, one full page feature of bg65
    (canada don't get bg88ti, cbg100, bg75ti, bg95)

Candra Wijaya
    BG65 is my favorite string. The performance is excellent and lasts incredibly long. Ordinary strings quality loste repulsion power and tension very quickly after heated play. But BG65 supports my aggressive style of play to the last. I could never use another string.

Gong Zhichao
    The key of my style of play is 'control'. I have to practice hard to achieve the sensitive placement that makes my opponent give up the chase. BG65's long playability helps a lot. I can transfer my full intention to the shuttlecock - especially on difficult shots like hair-pins and cuts.
    I've also read that before in the Yonex Catalogue. But as I said, they can string their racket anytime and they probabaly string after every game to maintain the string tension.

BG65 DOES looses tension very fast. In fact, Byron used to string his racket after every 2-4 weeks when he used BG65 (strung @ at least 25lbs?). Now he uses BG66 and the tension retention is much better, but it's not very durable....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default rating

when you rate the string on repulsion, control, feel, etc... what exactly is durability? does that mean how well it holds the tension or how long until the string breaks?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: rating

Originally posted by jwu
    when you rate the string on repulsion, control, feel, etc... what exactly is durability? does that mean how well it holds the tension or how long until the string breaks?

I think to a lot of ppl, that means, "stay in 1 piece". Personally, I consider both.

Of course, if string breaks, we need to replace it. However, if string kept losing tension, I won't consider it as a "playable" string, either.

Therefore, to me, "durability" means "stay in 1 piece, and allow me to have decent and reasonable performance". If not, no matter it breaks, snap, dead or losing tension, just change it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: rating

Originally posted by jwu
    my reason for bringing this up is they are essentially two different things. Like the posts before, people have found that BG-65 loses tension quickly so in that sense, the durability is actually quite low even though the string life is long as in it won't break.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2