Gamma Progression 600 ES

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by singnflip4life, Dec 3, 2009.

1. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    Hi there,

This machine is quite old, the manual I found online for it ranges back to 1997. Is this a machine I could use for badminton stringing? The manual doesn't say anything about compatibility, and it strings from 11 to 90 pounds, which sounds fine. The only drawback I see is that the two fixed clamps might need to be replaced with badminton capable ones. So I was looking for the opinion of someone who is familiar with this machine?

The one I'm looking to buy it from is willing to sell it to me for sub 500, assuming he doesn't get better offers, and its in Florida, so I can't exactly go and test it out.

2. singnflip4life

Full Time Med Student
    So I finally closed the deal. Its 550 after shipping charges (via ebay ^_^) and so I'm going to pay for it soon, and hopefully have it at my house by christmas. I only have experience stringing on the M140, but I'll hopefully be able to compare the two.

I also need to learn how to use a 6 point properly now...

3. noppy

noppy Regular Member

student
    sorry didnt notice otherwise i wouldve posted earlier

1997 isnt old :D my machine is 1980 2 point and strings perfectly.

im picking up a new 'used' machine next week though i only bought it because it is 6 point. no other reason i love my old machine.

snap to the last bit iv never used a 6 point either

4. singnflip4life

Full Time Med Student
    Oh really? I thought stringing machines were like all electronic devices, they got old and outdated after 3-5 years.