User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    surely, a WC and OG champ should able to take down Hsieh Yu Hsin who i think hasn't won anything outside of TW
    What can I say? Even the current Olympic champion & 3 times World Champion lost out to Chen Long, a green player who has yet to win anything(probably except WJC).

Let's not forget that this reigning Olympic champion & 3 times World Champion, supposedly the greatest badminton player of all time, even lost out to PSH who I dont think has ever win a SS title before.

So should TH do a "must win" match when playing against HYH? tough call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On his blog he says that he sustained a groin injury during the game with BCL....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Athelete1234 View Post
    On his blog he says that he sustained a groin injury during the game with BCL....
    hard to verfiy that lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lcleing View Post
    What can I say? Even the current Olympic champion & 3 times World Champion lost out to Chen Long, a green player who has yet to win anything(probably except WJC).

Let's not forget that this reigning Olympic champion & 3 times World Champion, supposedly the greatest badminton player of all time, even lost out to PSH who I dont think has ever win a SS title before.

lol, TH worshipper always bring this up( and the ronald S match) lol
    let me straighten out your clogged head, LD wasn't an OG or a 3 times WC champ when he lost to psh. Why don't you bring up LD's losses when he was 10-19 yrs old too lol. Let me remind u, TH also lost to JP, and some chinese rookies before as well(plus some more lowly players i forgot), and this is when TH is a proven magican.

if TH has any tricks left, surely he should able to take down HYH or give a good fight, instead the match lasted only 31 mins. lol
    HYH lost to an injured CJ in china open.
    Last edited by cooler; 12-05-2009 at 04:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Suika View Post
    if u can't read,
    it does say, he wasn't able to play his game. everyone has their off days. so what he loses to HYH of TPE? That guy's at least a QF at OG08, not some featherweight.
    sorry but that's how one sure way to beat their opponent, making them to play your game and not their, duhhhhhhhh.

wow HYH is a QFinalist in 08OG, does this mean anything when the matches of pre-QF included players from,hmmm *scratch chin*:

iran
    zambia
    guatemala
    USA
    AUS
    portugal
    ireland
    czech republic
    estonia
    ukraine
    spain
    vietnam
    algeria
    india
    NZ
    russia lithuania
    poland
    germany
    finland.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lcleing View Post
    lol, not my call but TH and yonex's call.
    as a independent, prolly yonex's highest paid badminton pro, with his own yonex apparel product line, surely if TH can't win a SS, at least win one match from a no-title player. It's tough call for u becoz u really dunno wat to say. It was an easy call for me tho

--------Matches-----------------------Picks---Win--Loss

Taufik.Hidayat....... vs Yu.Hsin.Hsieh......__4...__1...__3
    Last edited by cooler; 12-05-2009 at 05:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry but that's how one sure way to beat their opponent, making them to play your game and not their, duhhhhhhhh.

wow HYH is a QFinalist in 08OG, does this mean anything when the matches of pre-QF included players from,hmmm *scratch chin*:

iran
    zambia
    guatemala
    USA
    AUS
    portugal
    ireland
    czech republic
    estonia
    ukraine
    spain
    vietnam
    algeria
    india
    NZ
    russia lithuania
    poland
    germany
    finland.
    i duno how much u play, but u must be an AWESOME player ALL the time...maybe u should tell us what's your secret to 100% performance all the time.

what i meant was, Taufik was just having a bad tournament, and it just so happens his draw wasn't that great. not an excuse because he doesn't need one. he was just sending a message to his supporters. that's all.

as for HYH, if you've seen him play, he's a decent player. OG08, he didn't beat just those players, he played Malaysia WCH to get to QF. Regardless, this thread's not about how "bad" of a player u think HYH is...

Taufik's apologies were for his supporters. if you are not one of them, that's fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if TH has any tricks left, surely he should able to take down HYH or give a good fight, instead the match lasted only 31 mins. lol
    HYH lost to an injured CJ in china open.
    Well,

I Think most people fans as well as fanatics :-) can agree that TH "needs" motivation to play a good game these days..

When he played HYH, he had allready lost to LCW and Bao, and hence really had nothing to play for (except not being last in the group)...

I think Taufik really suffered from lack of motivation in the last match
    :-)

/Twobeer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Well,

I Think most people fans as well as fanatics :-) can agree that TH "needs" motivation to play a good game these days..

When he played HYH, he had allready lost to LCW and Bao, and hence really had nothing to play for (except not being last in the group)...

/Twobeer
    agreed...
    just wished he didn't have to end his year this way. but of course, loss can be a source of motivation for next year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there,

I don't really understand this argument about someone's being a hero or loser. TH was certainly not able to play properly against LCW. You can see this by paying attention to his behaviour and play in the court, even from his facial expressions. His blogs says something about injury or muscle cramp if I am not mistaken. Any way... However the match between TH-LCW is an equal match regarding the style (and not scores), compared to HSIEH-LCW in which LCW was certainly dominant (despite HSIEH scored better that TH against LCW). LCW and TH are both exceptional players that I enjoy watching them. One may always win and one may always lose.

I remember a worth-mentioning result. In the age of Indonesian Super-Athletes about 1990-1995 (Allan Budi Kusuma, Ardy B. Wiranata, Joko Suprianto, Heryanto Arbi), when Arbi reached his peak performance he defeated Joko in Asian games 15-1, 15-1 !!!, It didn't last more than 2 years when everything reversed. Joko defeated Arbi 15-1, 15-1 (Malaysia Open ?) !!!
    Allan Busi Kusuma lost to Foo K. Keong in Thomas Cup Final 1992 (Maybe the main reason why Indonesia lost to Malaysia) in the year he got th OG Gold medal !!

I don't take these win/lose seriously. Lin Dan probably has more titles than LCW and TH, but I (quite personally) don't like his style. It doesn't match my style of play.

Sorry for my long preach :-D
    B.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well,

/Twobeer
    at least that's a more decent 'excuse' to lose
    but then again, he got all his movtivation he wanted; independent status, no more fight with pbsi, win for his daughter, eat, sleep and trains when he wanted. If national pride is not it, and money from SSMF is not it, what would be his motivation btw so their fans can help him out. Is he still searching his inner self?
    Last edited by cooler; 12-05-2009 at 06:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i duno how much u play, but u must be an AWESOME player ALL the time...maybe u should tell us what's your secret to 100% performance all the time.

what i meant was, Taufik was just having a bad tournament, and it just so happens his draw wasn't that great. not an excuse because he doesn't need one. he was just sending a message to his supporters. that's all.

as for HYH, if you've seen him play, he's a decent player. OG08, he didn't beat just those players, he played Malaysia WCH to get to QF. Regardless, this thread's not about how "bad" of a player u think HYH is...

Taufik's apologies were for his supporters. if you are not one of them, that's fine.
    lol, i wish i was so i can get sponsored by yonex. If one is a self declared pro, u should act a pro, ie , be in top form & try your best. Real pro don't make up excuses tournament after tournament
    Last edited by cooler; 12-05-2009 at 06:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at least that's a more decent 'excuse' to lose
    but then again, he got all his movtivation he wanted; independent status, no more fight with pbsi, win for his daughter, eat, sleep and trains when he wanted. If national pride is not it, and money from SSMF is not it, what would be his motivation btw so their fans can help him out
    Maybe the financial freedom, and freedom to train when and how you want, may not always be a perfect thing if you have the slightest tendency to be "lazy"

/Twobeer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe the financial freedom, and freedom to train when and how you want, may not always be a perfect thing if you have the slightest tendency to be "lazy"

/Twobeer
    well, that is what he wanted, isn't that considered motivations achieved???? i think TH fans should help out TH by doing a group training with him, give him a wake up call each morning, a full regiment of training routine followup with a pow wow session
    isn't there is a saying, success is 90% perspiraton and 10% inspiration?
    i think all top sport pros out there follow this formula. I guess TH fans see him as more special than other pros
    Last edited by cooler; 12-05-2009 at 06:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, i wish i was so i can get sponsored by yonex. If one is a self declared pro, u should act a pro, ie , be in top form & try your best. Real pro don't make up excuses tournament after tournament
    does taufik look like someone who cares about what others think of him? lol, obviously he's grown up since those days, that's why he feels the need to respond to his supporters for his results. not an excuse, more like a response.

but i do completely agree with you about how a pro should be. Except, to be in top form all the time is definitely easier said than done. but yes, no harm in trying for anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does taufik look like someone who cares about what others think of him? lol, obviously he's grown up since those days, that's why he feels the need to respond to his supporters for his results. not an excuse, more like a response.
    lol here too. It does looks contradictory here.

but i do completely agree with you about how a pro should be. Except, to be in top form all the time is definitely easier said than done. but yes, no harm in trying for anything.
    ok, let me know when he's in top form ok? so i can change my paw
    Last edited by cooler; 12-05-2009 at 07:14 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast