User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow We cannot say that Taufik was using the "tough draw" as an excuse

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Suika View Post

does taufik look like someone who cares about what others think of him? lol, obviously he's grown up since those days, that's why he feels the need to respond to his supporters for his results. not an excuse, more like a response.

but i do completely agree with you about how a pro should be. Except, to be in top form all the time is definitely easier said than done. but yes, no harm in trying for anything.

From the article, Taufik said the draw he received "was tough" before the tournament started. He did not say it after he bowed out without a win in his group matches. We cannot say that Taufik was using the "tough draw" as an excuse.

After the tournament, Taufik said “I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to play my game, the one that everyone was expecting. Hopefully, I will do better next year”.

Yes, he was responding to his supporters. He was not giving an excuse.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 12-05-2009 at 06:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    From the article, Taufik said the draw he received "was tough" before the tournament started. He did not say it after he bowed out without a win in his group matches. We cannot say that Taufik was using the "tough draw" as an excuse.

After the tournament, Taufik said “I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to play my game, the one that everyone was expecting. Hopefully, I will do better next year”.

Yes, he was responding to his supporters. He was not giving an excuse.
    So, the safe way is to self declare any injury, any potential challenges beforehand, and any bad result afterward is not your fault. Wish we all can get that kind of treatment. This is so pro,lol. Too bad bwf didn't change the draw coz it's a tough draw for him.

u must have nice parents and teacher
    u go to exams and read the questions and declare the questions look hard.
    Then u get a 'F', and teacher and parent should overlook that exam because u got one thing right,it was a tough exam?
    Last edited by cooler; 12-05-2009 at 07:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehehe
    Wow whatta funny thread, just like another TH's blablabla after his yadayadayada threads
    Well, if you kind of know him a little, it's not that surprising at all
    In the last match i already predict that we can't expect such inspiring match from TH, as he won't fight for his life especially when it won't make such big difference at all

This is TH we're babblin about, moreover he already cited injury. Though it's quite suspicious, i guess it's no use to force his body with the risk of greater injuries

He already tried, but this time he failed miserably
    I'm getting used to hear his (whatever you call it) responds/excuse, yep it's kinda lame
    The truth is, as time passes by, right now he's just the shadow of his former self
    But, he's still one of the best artist on the court nonetheless
    On his good mood and day, definitely i still enjoy his game and will support him, though i'm not a big fan

Oh and btw, i guess i found that cooler's "responds and excuses" on every single TH yadayadayada threads always much funnier and worth a read
    Especially when it starts to involving LD
    Really make my day
    LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whack_d_net View Post
    Hehehe
    Wow whatta funny thread, just like another TH's blablabla after his yadayadayada threads
    Well, if you kind of know him a little, it's not that surprising at all
    In the last match i already predict that we can't expect such inspiring match from TH, as he won't fight for his life especially when it won't make such big difference at all

This is TH we're babblin about, moreover he already cited injury. Though it's quite suspicious, i guess it's no use to force his body with the risk of greater injuries

He already tried, but this time he failed miserably
    I'm getting used to hear his (whatever you call it) responds/excuse, yep it's kinda lame
    The truth is, as time passes by, right now he's just the shadow of his former self
    But, he's still one of the best artist on the court nonetheless
    On his good mood and day, definitely i still enjoy his game and will support him, though i'm not a big fan

Oh and btw, i guess i found that cooler's "responds and excuses" on every single TH yadayadayada threads always much funnier and worth a read
    Especially when it starts to involving LD
    Really make my day
    LOL
    well thx for the accolade from INA.
    I can't underestimate TH on his marketing skills tho, he's sure milking all his worth from yonex and other sponsors on his past images, not current/future performance. He had them fooled didn't he? lol Religion is a big business i tell ya

One correcton on your post, i don't bring up LD on TH thread, writing about TH is entertaining enough. I only correct people who bring up LD and say incorrect things about him. U can't fault me for correcting wrong information, right?

BTW, u should also go check into other 'Why Taufik Lost' threads as well
    Last edited by cooler; 12-05-2009 at 09:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really love this thread. It makes my day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lindaweni View Post
    really love this thread. It makes my day
    thx lindaweni. It would be more fun had Indra and Taufik-ist join in the thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yonex fails big time in pushing the Taufik line of clothing now, instead of years ago when Taufik was actually a "winner"... now Taufik is always beaten by the likes of LCW, Bao, Chen Jin, and Lin Dan. He had not won a single set out of these guys for so long. The recent scores he lost to LCW have been pathetic(lack of a better word)... twice he got beaten with less than 21 points added together in 2 sets.

Frankly, why would anyone buy a shirt with a (currently)under-achiever's name at the back any more... I bet Yonex will figure out to push a LCW line only when LCW begins to go downhill later.

Seriously, Taufik should retire right the way if he ever wins a super series tournament, and do it soon before he damages his own reputation and "legacy" any more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    well thx for the accolade from INA.
    I can't underestimate TH on his marketing skills tho, he's sure milking all his worth from yonex and other sponsors on his past images, not current/future performance. He had them fooled didn't he? lol Religion is a big business i tell ya

One correction on your post, i don't bring up LD on TH thread, writing about TH is entertaining enough. I only correct people who bring up LD and say incorrect things about him. U can't fault me for correcting wrong information, right?

BTW, u should also go check into other 'Why Taufik Lost' threads as well
    I did, but oops i forget to mention that thread, LOL

Hahaha sorry, i didn't intend to say that you're the one who brought up the whole TH vs LD issues
    If you read carefully, i just implied that your responds kinda funny, some of them even sounds "bitter" towards TH
    I can't bear to imagine if you're LD's lawyer or has TH let you down so badly till you become like Mysterio characters from The Incredible movie?
    LOL, just kidding

Certainly, TH's peak performance already over. But though he isn't in his prime time anymore, he still roaming around in his 15min of fame
    I don't know if TH has fooled his sponsor or not, but you must admit that he still "quite" popular and can attract "some" crowds around the globe, his clothing line also doing "okay"
    (Off topic: btw how bout LD's Li Ning line?)
    It proves that the sponsor(s) and supporters still have a lil faith and hope on him, rite?

About his continuous "responds" i guess it's part of PR works and to stay connects with his supporters
    But aside than those "image and marketing" i hope he also show some good progress on his game
    It's never too late to bounce back before he finally retired, IMO
    It's almost impossible to regain his former self, but as long as he manage to put himself, his passion, his stamina, and his motivation altogether, that would be just fine to entertain us
    Just a thought. Peace!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I just hope..

..Taufik's 2010 badminton campaign won't become his "Apology Tour"..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Badminton fans should not be bitter towards any of our top players

Quote Originally Posted by whack_d_net View Post

I did, but oops i forget to mention that thread, LOL

Hahaha sorry, i didn't intend to say that you're the one who brought up the whole TH vs LD issues
    If you read carefully, i just implied that your responds kinda funny, some of them even sounds "bitter" towards TH
    I can't bear to imagine if you're LD's lawyer or has TH let you down so badly till you become like Mysterio characters from The Incredible movie?
    LOL, just kidding

Certainly, TH's peak performance already over. But though he isn't in his prime time anymore, he still roaming around in his 15min of fame
    I don't know if TH has fooled his sponsor or not, but you must admit that he still "quite" popular and can attract "some" crowds around the globe, his clothing line also doing "okay"
    (Off topic: btw how bout LD's Li Ning line?)
    It proves that the sponsor(s) and supporters still have a lil faith and hope on him, rite?

About his continuous "responds" i guess it's part of PR works and to stay connects with his supporters
    But aside than those "image and marketing" i hope he also show some good progress on his game
    It's never too late to bounce back before he finally retired, IMO
    It's almost impossible to regain his former self, but as long as he manage to put himself, his passion, his stamina, and his motivation altogether, that would be just fine to entertain us
    Just a thought. Peace!

Well said, whack_d_net,

Many fans of TH appreciate Taufik's comments via his blog. It's great that TH continues to respond when his performance is not going well. In another few years' time, TH will retire. Fans will still be wanting to read what he's got to say.

PG is also fading away. We can also see that PG is communicating with us via his Facebook.

Hope that LD and LCW will also join TH and PG to comment via the internet.

Badminton fans should not be "bitter" towards any of our top players. Fans should allow them to speak, and not to shut them up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well said, whack_d_net,

Many fans of TH appreciate Taufik's comments via his blog. It's great that TH continues to respond when his performance is not going well. In another few years' time, TH will retire. Fans will still be wanting to read what he's got to say.

PG is also fading away. We can also see that PG is communicating with us via his Facebook.

Badminton fans should not be "bitter" towards any of our top players. Fans should allow them to speak, and not to shut them up.
    chris, i know u r not a kid but are u that naive?
    Who's stopping TH speaking out? In fact, the more he talk the more i find fault in that boy. Have u forgot taufik calling LD arrogant?
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=38586
    http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/sports/...ent_749033.htm

have u forgot taufik calling LD an actor?
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ighlight=actor
    why wait for TH to retire before reading what he say? Nobody is muffling him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When TH said his draw was tough, it's true for him. TH has bad records against both LCW and BCL whereas he would have a fighting chance against all the Gp B players like PG, BP, PSH and JOJ. TH would still have a chance to win a SS title if he does not have to play LCW and the CHn musketeers. But he really has to up his fitness at least 50%. He's just too slow to win.

TH line of clothing is a reflection of TH's star appeal. It is not dependent on his current badminton titles. It's not a bad idea for him continue playing and losing to upcoming MS rookies since it will boost the youngsters' confidence.

Some fans only judge by match wins. Others just like their idols because they like their style of play. TH will have enough fans to keep his line of apparel going for quite a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    hmm, so now he's putting it on the "tough draw"..hmm..how "easy" did he expect the draw to be??..
    Oh would you guys get a life?! He said that before the tournament, I don't see how it could possibly be an excuse. It's not funny. I'm glad you guys think it's absolutely hilarious mocking Taufik in every thread you can find on him. Nothing better to do than to rile up the fans. Have a little respect. You and cooler and anyone else who can't help themselves... It's just disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    In fact, the more he talk the more i find fault in that boy.
    I could say the same for you.
    Last edited by phaarix; 12-06-2009 at 10:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phaarix View Post
    Oh would you guys get a life?! He said that before the tournament, I don't see how it could possibly be an excuse. It's not funny. I'm glad you guys think it's absolutely hilarious mocking Taufik in every thread you can find on him. Nothing better to do than to rile up the fans. Have a little respect. You and cooler and anyone else who can't help themselves... It's just disgraceful.

what took u so long, after my +20,000 posts. Are u that slow? lol
    Obviously u now resort to personal remark.

Respect?? to someone who call LD (or any other person) arrogant, an actor, unprovoked... Admission of LD being the best all around player after getting beaten so many times, is NOT an apology. Maybe u r worshipping false idol
    Last edited by cooler; 12-06-2009 at 11:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    When TH said his draw was tough, it's true for him. TH has bad records against both LCW and BCL whereas he would have a fighting chance against all the Gp B players like PG, BP, PSH and JOJ. TH would still have a chance to win a SS title if he does not have to play LCW and the CHn musketeers. But he really has to up his fitness at least 50%. He's just too slow to win.

TH line of clothing is a reflection of TH's star appeal. It is not dependent on his current badminton titles. It's not a bad idea for him continue playing and losing to upcoming MS rookies since it will boost the youngsters' confidence.

Some fans only judge by match wins. Others just like their idols because they like their style of play. TH will have enough fans to keep his line of apparel going for quite a while.
    u r naive too lol.
    Lets look at this logically.
    U r saying TH could win the SSMF if TH was in group B instead? Since TH lost to LCW when he was fresh by a pathetic score of 21-6 21-13 in short 27 mins, u still think TH can beat LCW in the final when he will be tired, battered and aching all over coming out of group B? If he pulls a groin injury from bcl match, what might other injury he'll suffer playing the full rounds in group B? The only good part TH in group B is he might score a win over JOJ, lol. Fighting PG, BP and PSH will take 3 sets and i doubt TH can last that long nor come out unscrathed? lol

My realistic view is TH wouldn't even win in group B, let alone being a finalist, and the fantasy of winning the SSMF title LOL.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Never thought that allowing top players to speak up could generate such response

In another few years' time, TH will retire. Fans will still be wanting to read what he's got to say.

Never thought that allowing top players to speak up could generate these replies.

(To chris-ccc)

chris, i know u r not a kid but are u that naive?
    Who's stopping TH speaking out? In fact, the more he talk the more i find fault in that boy.

(To phaarix)

what took u so long, after my +20,000 posts. Are u that slow? lol
    Obviously u now resort to personal remark.

Respect?? to someone who call LD (or any other person) arrogant, an actor, unprovoked... Admission of LD being the best all around player after getting beaten so many times, is NOT an apology. Maybe u r worshiping false idol.

(To pjswift)

u r naive too lol.
    U r saying TH could win the SSMF if TH was in group B instead?

Last edited by chris-ccc; 12-07-2009 at 01:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phaarix View Post
    this was a very good way of telling him, unfortunately he does not listen

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast