Which bag to buy?

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by Danstevens, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Hi everyone. You would think that choosing a bag would be a pretty simple choice to make when compared with decisions we make regarding rackets and other equipment like that. For me however, it's proving to be quite the opposite. I just can't decide which bag to buy.

Now is probably a good time to tell you what I'm looking for in a racket bag. It needs to be able to carry at least 4-6, a pair of badminton shoes, a few tubes of shuttles, a spare shirt and a couple of drinks bottles. Of course, I also expect space for little things such a a wallet and mobile phone to be stored in. Finally, I'd rather not carry around a huge bag like some people on here do so I'm mainly looking at two compartment bags marketed as six racket bags and steering away from those called nine racket bags with two or three racket compartments.

So far, the two I'm really considering are the Yonex 9826 and 9824 models (or their "JP" coded equivalents if someone convinces me that they're worth the extra money). Other than colour/graphics, is there any difference between the two bags? From the pictures they look identical. I guess the key question to ask at this point is whether you guys think I'd be able to fit everything I need to in to these two bags. Also, what's your opinion on the 9826 colour scheme? Is it "suitable" for male players?

Finally, are there any other bags you think I should consider?

Thanks in advance for helping me with my dilemma.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    9824 is a excellent model. it satisfy your size and compartment requirements. the only drawback i see when i looked at it is that there is only one accessory compartment on the side. while it is big, i prefer to have two of them (or more!). they are very useful to categorize things like grips, strings, paper, wallet, phone, keys.

i think in the UK, the old blue/white one may still be available. the new silver/light blue one is not to my taste, esp in the interior which is tiffany blue/green.

3. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    I agree with kwun. The 9824 is a really good quality bag and can fit a lot of gear and accessories. I opted for the 9820 since its a tad bit smaller than the 9824 so its better suited for crowded places like HK. If I was still overseas, I would have gotten the 9824 for sure.

4. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    In the market today, there are plenty of bags (Yonex, Victor, Wilson, etc.) that fits your above specifications. Question is, do you only consider all the above specs or the color, and physical design, motif of the bag also matters to you?

To know more about the JP ones 802AI (9826/9824 JP equivalent) please see this post
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1310132&postcount=43
    And like our big boss kwun pointed out, he prefers the outside accessories compartment to be 2 instead of 1 and the JP 802AI comes in 2 instead of 1.
    As for the color scheme, like i said, it is not "feminine" but rather it is very "sexy" and a crowd turner , even for males. And heck, Pros like Taufik and TBH used them before in international tournaments.

May i also suggest the JP 951W which is a sleek and nice bag that is different than the rest.
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1316556&postcount=21

All the best in your bag hunt.
    Cheers

#4 tckang, Dec 6, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  5. jmore

jmore Regular Member

i used to use the yonex 9820 bag and its very good. loved it very much. it meets all your requirements but it only has one strap instead of two.

6. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for all of the replies so far - they've helped in the sense that I now know the 9824/6 and their JP coded counterparts are good bags and suited to my requirements.

tckang, BAG951W looks quite smart for a racket bag. When I first saw it, 951W reminded me of a musical instrument case - like something you'd carry a trumpet or other brass instruments in. I think it'd be great for taking rackets to school in or something like that but I'm not sure how well it would go with my normal badminton attire.

Now I feel like I can narrow my questions down a bit.

1.) Do you prefer the blue or white Yonex 6 pack bag (9824 or 9826)?

2.) Would you wear BAG951W with normal badminton clothes (tracksuit/shorts and polo top)

3.) Which of the above bags do you prefer?

7. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Definitely White! and the JP ones.....i like the word "yonex" that blings/glitters. SP or other version, i.e 9824/6 Don't. :p
    Yes. Definitely. But i don't own one myself (951W that is) Just look at Koo-Tan recently, 951W is their bag for now.
    Hehehe BAG802AI JP. That is the bag i bought.
    Second will be the new Zelm 6 racket bag that comes with Zelm Power play 10000 purchase.
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1317321&postcount=758

GOOD LUCK!