My Review: Apacs Superlight vs. Karakal M-Tec 70 Gel Iso

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by angeleyes1c13, Dec 6, 2009.

1. angeleyes1c13

angeleyes1c13 Regular Member

I own these two rackets because they're undoubtedly the lightest rackets in the world. The Superlight weighs about 72-74 grams while the Karakal weighs about 70. Now here's what I thought about the Superlight: It actually feels lighter than the Karakal. However, when you swing the racket or bend it, you hear this cracking noises. It only feels like it's going to crack, but it's not really going to break. It's actually very high quality and flexible, but the noise is annoying. The paint job is shiny, and it separates you from the majority. I've gotten many comments about it. This racket is head heavy, so it compensates for the power loss for being the lightest racket in world. It costs about $ 70.
    Now for the Karakal: It doesn't feel 70 grams. It supposedly the lightest racket in the world, but it doesn't feel like it. The Superlight, I think, is the lightest, even though it weighs more? Maybe the reason for it being heavier than the Superlight is because it's a lot more solid. There's no noises of any kind whatsoever. I guess the gel technology helps for it to become super durable for a 70 gram racket. The overall quality is excellent. The paint job resembles the skin of a zebra. It's one of the most cool looking rackets out there. And badminton is 80 % looks, as in style and appearance, and 20 % everything else ; ) This racket is not head heavy, but just balanced. It costs about $ 100.
    I believe that these rackets are equal when you compare their pros and cons. If you want the lightest racket in the world, buy the Superlight for $ 30 less. Its only problem is the noise I mentioned, but it's super easy to maneuver. It's lightning fast. If you want an overall better quality with no noise, buy the Karakal. By the way, both of these rackets have isometric heads. I think light rackets are definitely an advantage. If you're a good player, you already have the power and technique. Light rackets only make your reactions super fast to get the defensive shots.

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

where is the review ?