Suggesting a new forum

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by Winex West Can, Nov 17, 2002.

1. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Hi Kwun,
    I would like to suggest the creation of a new forum geared towards coaching. What do you think? I figured that this is one area which is kind of neglected.

Don't know if anyone else would agree.

Steve Willis, you are a registered coach, what do you think?

2. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Would there be enough threads to motivate a separate forum, I wonder?

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    WWC,

do you see the forum to be about "how' to coach, or "what" to coach?

for "how" to coach, yes, it will be interesting. however, there is little discussion on that right now. thus i don't see the demand for such a forum.

as for "what" to coach, that would fall into techniques and we already have the general forum which handles that.

there are a few coaches in the forum. let's start some discussion on coaching and stirs up some interests. i for one will be very interested in reading it. and if the traffic goes up, i will be happy to start a new forum for it.

cheers for the suggestion!

4. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Kwun,
    It's more of a "how" to coach and also a "what" in terms of not so much of the technique of the strokes but more of what to coach first, follow by xxx. Other stuff I see would include the fitness training, diet, mental and preparation.

Some of these will overlap with the General forum but I see these as more of a coach's perspective than a player's.

Let's see if there is enough interest given that we do have a few posters who are coaching (officially & unofficially).

Cheers.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    sounds good. let stir up something and we will go from there. it will be very educational to hear from the coaches among us.

6. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    how's the forum coming? :)
    VERY eager to see it! ;)

7. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

I definetly think the coaching discussion is different enough from the other categories to warrant its own forum. Whether or not there'll be enough posts definetly will be an issue, but then again, I'm sure you felt the same way when you created the equipment forum! Coaches in their role as coaches definetly need their own place as their topics are generally very different from the other ones.

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Actually, the subforums came about because of having a lot of traffic on those particular areas.

Equipment forum came about becasue equipment posts clogged up the original forum.

Market place came up because that kept filling up equipment forum.

Other subforums came with the newer software which makes things easier to organise

So, with demand, came creation of the forum, not the other way round;)

So it remains to be seen wether the number of coaching posts generate enough traffic to justify a fourm on its own.

Plus, have you ever tried to coach just using words? It is exceedingly difficult.

9. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    Actually it's hard enuff to coach in peson when u hav a studnet like me :D nevermind coaching with words! hahahaha ^^"

Actually, for the forum I was thinking more drill oriented(eaiser to express on-line anyways) unless people are willing to upload educational videos that show how individual drills are done :rolleyes: but i doubt it :p