User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 111
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Hehehe...

    Talking about Karma; Even the thread created by kwun was closed: click here for the thread
    .
    Can't blame the boss for trying to make this forum a nicer place.

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    I don't think a listing of Closed Threads is necessary.

    We should be grown up enough to act with a decorum of common sense when posting. A bit of fun is fine but it's the immature ones that never know where to draw the line and always need to have the last word. I respect the many posters who respond with restraint in the face of provocation. It's not easy.

    As for the trolls, what's with them. Got a complex? Insecurity? Something missing in their lives? Loneliness? I feel sorry for them because of their desperate need for attention. Go ahead and have your moment in the sun. It won't last long; karma's gonna get you.
    the key is keeping discussion within topic, if the topic becomes boring or ran out of things to say, postings will subside naturally. The problem arises when some can't defend their point of view within topic and have to go off topic for their kicks (for ex. http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...7&postcount=59). Who is considerate and who's not is self disclosing. Also, creating another thread to rehash the same old is also... not considerate i must say.
    Last edited by cooler; 12-07-2009 at 04:36 PM.

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question Thread closed ... so open another thread to talk about that closed thread??

    First thing first, lets respect the actions taken by the mods. Why moan and start this thread to talk about a closed thread?

    Secondly, when we talk about insensible postings, lets not have any double standards, shall we? I have said numerous times, in this forum there are bound to be various views/opinions. There will be positive and negative things going to be said about LD, LCW, TH etc etc. If we cannot accept facts no matter how bitter they may be, may as well we go to some LD, TH or LCW fan site because over there it is all positive stuff said about the shuttler. At the end of the day, we need to note that this is a badminton forum, not a TH/LD/KKK fans only site.

    Hardcore fans of a certain shuttler/shuttlers need to accept the good and bad. If you want to debate, lets debate but leave out the petty name calling etc etc at the doorstep. I understand hardcore fans simply love and adore their favourite shuttler/s and they spent most of their waking hours here in this forum. But we still need to respect that others too are entitled to their views/opinions. And should their views dont agree with you, its either you learn to agree to disagree or ignore their postings. Moaning and whingeing aint gonna solve anything.

  4. #21
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,945
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    some of you understands it, but some of you still don't.

    a lot of times it is not always what is being said, but how it is said, and especially how one respect what others have said.

    a member can be technically correct in all aspect, but if he end up being rude, arrogant, provocative, the thread might end up being closed and excessive display of such behavior might end up having that person banned.

  5. #22
    Moderator drifit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    6,428
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    We need moderator drifit to reply to your question.
    aikes... how come i miss this?
    a new thread dedicated to "closed thread"?
    a simple thread of Taufik's statement which turn into personal battle. if we keep that thread open, what will it end up?

  6. #23
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,748
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow A lot of times it is not always what is being said, but how it is said

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post

    some of you understands it, but some of you still don't.

    a lot of times it is not always what is being said, but how it is said, and especially how one respect what others have said.

    a member can be technically correct in all aspect, but if he end up being rude, arrogant, provocative, the thread might end up being closed and excessive display of such behavior might end up having that person banned.

    .
    That's the thing - A lot of times it is not always what is being said, but how it is said.
    It's always "how it is said" that closes down a thread.
    .

  7. #24
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,748
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up It was good that that thread was closed

    Quote Originally Posted by drifit View Post

    aikes... how come i miss this?
    a new thread dedicated to "closed thread"?
    a simple thread of Taufik's statement which turn into personal battle. if we keep that thread open, what will it end up?

    .
    Actually, it was good that that thread was closed.

    Didn't know that a "World War 3" could erupt here at BC from that simple Taufik's statement.
    .

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Actually, it was good that that thread was closed.

    Didn't know that a "World War 3" could erupt here at BC from that simple Taufik's statement.
    .
    Because there are some who insist on making a mountain out of a molehill

  9. #26
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,748
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow There are some who insist on making a mountain out of a molehill

    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post

    Because there are some who insist on making a mountain out of a molehill.

    .
    Yes, I know what you mean.

    A thread that I was involved in (that kwun closed it later because a mountain was made from a molehill) was: Root out insults

    Have a read. You might find it interesting how some of our threads can end up being closed.

    Almost all moderators were involved in that thread too.
    .
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 12-08-2009 at 12:56 AM.

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Yes, I know what you mean.

    A thread that I was involved in (that kwun closed it later because a mountain was made from a molehill) was: Root out insults

    Have a read. You might find it interesting how some of our threads can end up being closed.

    Almost all moderators were involved in that thread too.
    .
    well, i can say that i've never used those insult words before where as many other posters have used them on me before. http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...=54734&page=15

    while some of u were busy monitoring me, how about checking the back street sometime huh? A quick stroll i've found these:

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...&postcount=280

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...&postcount=293

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...postcount=1283 poor 2beer, he was only talking about LN rackets

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...&postcount=301
    Last edited by cooler; 12-08-2009 at 01:53 AM.

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Yes, I know what you mean.

    A thread that I was involved in (that kwun closed it later because a mountain was made from a molehill) was: Root out insults

    Have a read. You might find it interesting how some of our threads can end up being closed.

    Almost all moderators were involved in that thread too.
    .
    Made for an interesting read... for a while... but one posters's paranoia for banning certain words derailed the thread

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    well, i can say that i've never used those insult words before where as many other posters have used them on me before. http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...=54734&page=15

    while some of u were busy monitoring me, how about checking the back street sometime huh? A quick stroll i've found these:

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...&postcount=280

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...&postcount=293

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...postcount=1283 poor 2beer, he was only talking about LN rackets

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...&postcount=301
    So why hasn't that poster been given a red card? Or has he?

  13. #30
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,945
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    So why hasn't that poster been given a red card? Or has he?
    has now.

    it is generally better to notify us instead of keeping quiet.

  14. #31
    Moderator drifit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    6,428
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    there are so many members and head count going up fast.
    also, hundreds or thousand posts per day.
    kind of hard for us to keep track each and every one.

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    has now.

    it is generally better to notify us instead of keeping quiet.
    Looks like cooler's endless hours on BC has paid dividends

  16. #33
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Looks like cooler's endless hours on BC has paid dividends
    i got the dirt on everyone

  17. #34
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,748
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up We wish for harmony, respect, and order in BadmintonCentral

    .
    It looks like cooler reads many threads.

    Anyway, getting back to why threads are closed; It's because we wish for harmony, respect, and order in BadmintonCentral.
    .

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Listing of Places to Play - Perth
    By pina-rello in forum Australia / New Zealand
    Replies: 25
    : 03-25-2010, 09:15 PM
  2. Un-replied threads... and similar threads
    By limsy in forum Forum Feedback
    Replies: 6
    : 12-16-2008, 04:58 AM
  3. Please indicate dates in tournaments listing menu
    By crazy_smasher in forum Forum Feedback
    Replies: 4
    : 09-03-2004, 03:03 AM
  4. Badminton Skill Listing (in-Detail)
    By B4dm1nt0nFr34k in forum General Forum
    Replies: 5
    : 01-28-2004, 12:27 PM
  5. game listing
    By harry in forum General Forum
    Replies: 1
    : 05-08-2001, 09:25 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •