Anyone has a string machine at home?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by benfok, Nov 18, 2002.

1. benfok

benfok Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    Hi people:

I am seriously thinking about buying a stringing machine at home. I would like to know if any of you hardcore badminton players have stringing machine at home and what type of machine you would recommend.

I looked at badmintonwarehouse's stringing machine which cost $180. I am not sure if that is the one I want to get.

Ben

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
  3. jwu

jwu Regular Member

Medical Research
    Yeah I would the other one that LB was speaking of. :D Definitely buy it from www.klipperusa.com instead of www.badmintonwarehouse.com because it is cheaper and it's always better dealing with the manufacturer directly.

It is definitely worth getting since if you consider how expensive it is to string racquets nowadays. Heck you can string friends' racquet and save them a buck or two while making some nice spare change too. If you do decide to get the machine, feel free to PM me if you got any question.

4. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    for personal consumption only

if i am only stringing for myself, my old portable would have been quite adequate. In fact has been working fine for the past 10 years without any troubles. If you plan to string more frequently, the portables may be a bit cumbersome and you might want to look at a higher end unit.

The klippers are decent enough for personal use, and the price is right. Even for personal use you can easily justify the purchase of the klipper within a year of string jobs.