Victor V-AWS Plus 9500II Review

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Michael WBC, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Michael WBC

Michael WBC Regular Member

Student
    My new shoes finally arrived today. I have been looking for a new pair to replace my Yonex 91m for a while. Finding it difficult to get the same pair where I live. I prefer a very light shoe with a tin sole. I have a pair of Yonex 101Ltd and find them far too heavy and the heel too thick for my likening (they are a very comfortable shoe otherwise). Anyway on to the new shoes :)

Sideview
    [​IMG]
    Top View
    [​IMG]

These are my first pair of Victor shoes so I didn't know what to expect. I have played in lots of different badminton shoes, Hi Tec, Wilson, Yones and Asics. First impression was good they appear well made with no obvious signs of poor manufacture. They feel lighter than my Yonex 91m's but then again these are well used so may be a bit heavy from being sweaty !:p I don't have a scales to hand at the moment to give a precise weight. The width of the shoes are exactly the same as the 91m. The sole of the shoe appears to be slightly tinner on the in step this may be a slight worry when it comes to durability.

Comparison of Instep
    [​IMG]

They are a very comfortable fit. No stitching rubbing on my toes and my arc is well supported. The insoles have lots of little holes and channels in them. I assume this is to aid the movement of air around the insole to stop moisture build up. Next under the insole is a curious item. Described by Victor as a "Shock Cushion". I assume this is very similar to the Yonex branded "Power Cushion". It is left exposed by a clear plastic window of sorts. It feels very soft so hopefully will save the knees from too much damage only time will tell.

Insole Top
    [​IMG]
    Insole Bottom
    [​IMG]
    Shock Cushion
    [​IMG]

On the heel and ankle support in the shoe Victor have placed what they call "Anti-Wrench System". As you can see from the pictures it is a support system in the shape of an x. It appears to made from so sort of tough resin (although remains flexible). This is tied into the back of the heel and the sole and up to the first lace knot. Not exactly sure how this will function so hopefully will be able to report back in a few weeks of playing what if any effect it has on playing.

Anti Wrench System
    [​IMG]

I will report back in a few weeks to update this review but so far first impressions are good.

To Summarize

Pros
    • Good build quality
    • Good Looks
    • Very Light
    • Feet Well Supported

Cons
    • Instep may lack durablility

2. Phouma

Phouma Regular Member

Student
    Nice shoes =) Where did you order from?

3. Michael WBC

Student
    Ordered them from a local site www.rackets.ie.

4. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    hmm. . had the same shoes as you ; 91m and 101ltd before purchasing my victor aws 9200.
    the result i found with previous shoes the same as you; 101ltd being to heavy and thick.
    the victor shoes i find are very comfortable and am very happy with the change.

5. Michael WBC

Student
    Played an hour in them earlier they seem very stable. I like the tin sole it gives good feedback. It is strange I always felt disconnected with the 101ltd. Then again I suppose it is down to personal taste. The 101ltd are a very fine shoe but not for me.

6. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    agreed, didnt really like the 101ltd personally