Is it worth getting repaired

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by David_Allan, Dec 13, 2009.

1. David_Allan

David_Allan Regular Member

My old Ns7000 Broke a couple of months back and i was wondering if it is worth while trying to get it fixed as it will only cost around £35.

Ive heard that it weakens the racket but as its cheaper than a new one is it worthwhile giving it a shot.

2. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    which part did it break?

3. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Keep in mind, that the racket will not perform the same.

4. sicgor

sicgor New Member

I clashed my NS9000 and got it repaired then restrung a while back. Cosmetically it looked the same but it was way off balance and heavier.This lead to a change in characteristics of this racquet and it never felt the same.
    Then one day I must have accidently tapped the frame of this racquet to the flloor and it broke where it had been originally been repaired. It was good as a spare racquet and it cost about a quarter of the racquet price to repair it, but I wouldn't pay any more than this.

5. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    While it may seem cheap, I don't believe it's worth it. That's a really good HPS racket from Sir Dink.

6. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    In china there are some racket repairers that can fix frame,can be strung at 25 lbs,but add less than 1G.One of them is in shanghai.But i dont think it's a good idea for shipping from europe/US just to get it fix,because the shipping fee would costs much more than the repair service it self..

7. dorysan

dorysan Regular Member

i broke MP100, i think that the cost of fixing it is well worth...

8. Alom

Alom Regular Member

There are a few places that repair broken frames in UK (Central Sports, The Badminton Company & Racquet Repairs).

I know someone who got his MP99 repaired with Racquet Repairs and didn't like it because the balance was off. With the paintjob, they did try their best to match the colour of the racket.

Another person got his ARC7 also repaired with Racquet Repairs and didn't like it because the balance was also off. Colours were matched quite well.

Another person got his 1st Gen 4U AT700 (UK Serial) repaired via The Badminton Company. He found it ok but only uses it as a warmup/practice racket because higher tension is not recommended. Colour was matched quite well.

#8 Alom, Jan 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2010