User Tag List

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59

Thread: India Badminton

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baddyforall View Post
    As @Fan123 mentioned, we could try from our side by sending mail to that address and let them know about the circumstances. Hope they hear from us and make corresponding decisions.
    @Baddyforall @Fan123 @nilesh123
    Thank you, we can together send emails with our inputs and hope for the best! The emails needs to be very carefully written. We are not against any academy or person. We just want the best for Indian Badminton. We want to see India become a badminton powerhouse. We care about the little players, future talent and want to see India make rapid strides in badminton. We want the best players from across India to get guidance and a chance to bring glory for India.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was having this discussion with a friend. While brainstorming we felt, we need to increase the scope, term and take charge. You guys are so knowledgeable and passionate about the national badminton circuit. Not only those who are actively participating, but those who are dormant due to exams, work or other commitments, we can come up with an action plan till 2028 for badminton... And by spreading the word online and offline we can target fans of other Olympics sports and delegate the assignment to them.... In this endeavour we need to be financially self dependent and shouldn't depend on GOI.... (Needn't worry bout cricket though, BCCI has things sorted till 2100).... And despite the lack of courses and funds, IGU and PGTI is doing an exemplary job so far... Only thing stopping them to crack the next level is OWGR points for PGTI events.....

Sounds tough and will take loads of time, but if we find a bunch of self-sacrificing national heroes in the Vivekananda or Kalam mould, we will get it done by August...
    That will be a document worth showing to Modi and his Mandarins, and we won't be begging from him then, like Magnificent Mary is being forced to, but we will have a Brahmastra to show off.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Race to Rio Olympic Points Collected by Indians

Link:

https://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/r...2152&p=1&ps=25
    Note:This page lists 3 Indian players, click on page 2 for remaining players.

Eligible Players and Points as on February 02, 2016

1.KIDAMBI Srikanth 49534
    2.Ajay JAYARAM 38700
    3.PARUPALLI Kashyap 35401
    4.B.Sai Praneeth 32060
    5.Sameer VERMA 28140
    6.H. S. Prannoy 27940

Srikanth will grab one place, the second place has become a 5 player race!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tan Kim Her

Link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...w/50851543.cms

Tan Kim Her is optimistic of India's juniors and has special plans for 2020 Olympics.
    ""I have a short and a long term plan. Short term plan is making the seniors qualify for Rio Games and long term is that I made a promise to myself that I want to do something for India in 2020 Olympics."
    "We have very good solid junior players. All under 19 or Under 17. We have to build them now. I am happy to work with the juniors and seniors. I hope that I can do something here for the Indian players."

Future good for Indian Doubles.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ruthvika Shivani Gadde defeated Sindhu in straight games to clinch South Asian Games 2016 Gold medal with the scores 21-11,22-20

And Srikanth clinched gold medal by defeating compatriot H.S.Prannoy in 3 games 11-21,21-14, 21-6
    Last edited by Baddyforall; 02-11-2016 at 02:08 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default South Asian Games 2016

Ruthvika Shivani Gadde defeated Sindhu in straight games to clinch South Asian Games 2016 Gold medal with the scores 21-11,22-20

And Srikanth clinched gold medal by defeated compatriot H.S.Prannoy in 3 games 11-21,21-14, 21-6
    India Grabbed all Gold and Silver Medals!
    The biggest surprise was Ruthvika Shivani stunning Sindhu. This is a massive morale booster. It maybe the tonic Ruthvika needs to take on top players. Hope this is a turning point in her career. Sindhu has the inconsistency virus but is much better than Srikanth. Ruthvika needs 2-3 years on the senior circuit to make rapid strides. WS3 starting to look better for India.

Link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...w/50934252.cms
    "I had never won a single game against her -- forget about winning a match. It's the most cherished win and I never expected this. These are tears of joy," Ruthvika said as she broke down in an emotional victory over Sindhu, who's world No 12."

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badmuse View Post
    India Grabbed all Gold and Silver Medals!
    The biggest surprise was Ruthvika Shivani stunning Sindhu. This is a massive morale booster. It maybe the tonic Ruthvika needs to take on top players. Hope this is a turning point in her career. Sindhu has the inconsistency virus but is much better than Srikanth. Ruthvika needs 2-3 years on the senior circuit to make rapid strides. WS3 starting to look better for India.

Link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...w/50934252.cms
    "I had never won a single game against her -- forget about winning a match. It's the most cherished win and I never expected this. These are tears of joy," Ruthvika said as she broke down in an emotional victory over Sindhu, who's world No 12."
    Definitely, it will give her what she needs. She has beaten more experienced 2 times world championships bronze medallist Sindhu in straight games that too in a final. I watched highlights of the match. Though Sindhu was not at her best, i found one thing from Ruthvika. She is moving well. Her cross court drop shots caught Sindhu many times. Definitely, we wanna see one more singles in women's category which india is lagging now.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely, it will give her what she needs. She has beaten more experienced 2 times world championships bronze medallist Sindhu in straight games that too in a final. I watched highlights of the match. Though Sindhu was not at her best, i found one thing from Ruthvika. She is moving well. Her cross court drop shots caught Sindhu many times. Definitely, we wanna see one more singles in women's category which india is lagging now.

Highlights of Badminton finals starts from 42.03

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As big an upset as Nadal being Rosoled under the roof in set 5

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59