Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Thread: India Badminton

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badmuse View Post
    India take 3 Gold and 1 Silver!

WD Sikki Reddy/Pradnya Gadre Lagos International Challenge 2015 Women's Doubles Champions!

XD Sikki Reddy/Tarun Kona Lagos International Challenge 2015 Mixed Doubles Silver Medal!

MD Manu Attri/B.Sumeeth Reddy Lagos International Challenge 2015 Mens Doubles Champions!

MS B. Sai Praneeth Lagos International Challenge 2015 Mens Single Champion!

Congratulations! Will give confidence and help them raise their level.
    congrats......

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jwala said: " The Malaysian coach, I fear, is still uncertain. I heard the hunt for a doubles coach is still on, as the Malaysian coach has declined to come. So I don't know. It is sad that they started the hunt only now when time is running out."

http://epaper.telegraphindia.com/det...-16194542.html
    (2nd last para, above the pic is the only relevant part.)

Well the source (Jwala's mouth) may be unreliable, with its sensationalist history at par with TOI (or any other Bennett Coleman company) or The Daily Mail, but if this really plays out this way Prakash must step in....
    Anyone here knows Prakash personally?? Help us get a doubles coach please.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fan123 View Post
    Jwala said: " The Malaysian coach, I fear, is still uncertain. I heard the hunt for a doubles coach is still on, as the Malaysian coach has declined to come. So I don't know. It is sad that they started the hunt only now when time is running out."

http://epaper.telegraphindia.com/det...-16194542.html
    (2nd last para, above the pic is the only relevant part.)

@Fan123

Well the source (Jwala's mouth) may be unreliable, with its sensationalist history at par with TOI (or any other Bennett Coleman company) or The Daily Mail, but if this really plays out this way Prakash must step in....
    Anyone here knows Prakash personally?? Help us get a doubles coach please.
    She was misled by TOI article title: Link http://bit.ly/1gEMIps
    Title:"BAI's hunt for foreign coach still on"
    If you read the article,Tan Kim Her says he will decide by August. TOI is assuming he will choose Malaysia. Basically what we discussed from "Malaysia Star" is now popping up. The possibilities we discussed are playing out. In 2-3 weeks we should have our answer. BAI, Gopichand are smartly maintaining silence. Many things will be kept secret as they should be!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She was misled by TOI article title: Link http://bit.ly/1gEMIps
    Title:"BAI's hunt for foreign coach still on"
    If you read the article,Tan Kim Her says he will decide by August. TOI is assuming he will choose Malaysia. Basically what we discussed from "Malaysia Star" is now popping up. The possibilities we discussed are playing out. In 2-3 weeks we should have our answer. BAI, Gopichand are smartly maintaining silence. Many things will be kept secret as they should be!
    It never assumes... It lies, creates, plants and sensationalises at will. Can't blame them though. They have a willing market.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New XD Pairs at Russian GP

Lalita Dahiya/Dinesh Chaudhry (Junior players)
    Prajakta Sawant / Dewalkar Akshay

Akshay got Gopichand's permission to partner Prajakta.

Link: http://bit.ly/1Ieb67f

""I had a talk with Gopi Sir regarding this and he has no problem with our partnership. I wanted a young and talented partner and felt it right to play with Prajakta and he (Gopi) respected my decision"

"Pradnya wanted to focus only on women's doubles now. I had also approached Jwala Gutta but she said playing both mixed and women's doubles is not possible. Prajakta is a solid doubles player and we hope to do well. I hope people should not make an unnecessary issue only because I am playing with her. We are just a normal mixed doubles pair like any other on the circuit"

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lalita Dahiya/Dinesh Chaudhry (Junior players)
    Prajakta Sawant / Dewalkar Akshay

Akshay got Gopichand's permission to partner Prajakta.

Link: http://bit.ly/1Ieb67f

""I had a talk with Gopi Sir regarding this and he has no problem with our partnership. I wanted a young and talented partner and felt it right to play with Prajakta and he (Gopi) respected my decision"

"Pradnya wanted to focus only on women's doubles now. I had also approached Jwala Gutta but she said playing both mixed and women's doubles is not possible. Prajakta is a solid doubles player and we hope to do well. I hope people should not make an unnecessary issue only because I am playing with her. We are just a normal mixed doubles pair like any other on the circuit"
    Great. Hope she gets her due and the duo click.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tan Kim Her chooses India!

Link: http://bit.ly/1DC3fzk
    Tan Kim Her Finalises Contract with SAI in capital! Will join India by end of September.
    BAI president Akhilesh Das Gupta “National camp for doubles at a separate training venue in Hyderabad.” Note: Doubles camp will not be held at Gopichand academy, this becomes exclusive to singles players. Tan Kim Her given space and long standing demand of separate doubles camp honoured.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Link: http://bit.ly/1DC3fzk
    Tan Kim Her Finalises Contract with SAI in capital! Will join India by end of September.
    BAI president Akhilesh Das Gupta “National camp for doubles at a separate training venue in Hyderabad.” Note: Doubles camp will not be held at Gopichand academy, this becomes exclusive to singles players. Tan Kim Her given space and long standing demand of separate doubles camp honoured.
    Arif's academy/SAI centre/SDAT???

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fan123 View Post
    Arif's academy/SAI centre/SDAT???
    It is a new facility, getting ready. Built with SAI funding. Might be the Gopichand Annexe. When they launch, more details will come out. Doubles players start camp at new facility, only when Tan Kim Her arrives.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"India Today" misunderstood his statement "National camp for doubles at a separate training venue in Hyderabad.” as not being part of the Gopichand Academy

Link:http://bit.ly/1enKAjT
    BAI President Akhilesh Das Gupta issued more statements today.

"He signed the contract for five years"
    "The venue and other aspects will be decided by BAI and Sports Authority of India (SAI).Gopichand is our chief national coach and Kim will work with the doubles team. He will be working from the Gopichand's Academy"

The only new facility coming up is Gopichand's Annexe, which will be part of the Gopichand academy. All clues point to Gopichand's Annexe as the dedicated Doubles training center.

It will be formally, announced when it opens. More details will be given.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Coach Gopichand Confirms His New Academy will be Doubles Training Center

Link:http://bit.ly/1JlHY31
    His new academy has 9 badminton courts. Tan Kim Her will operate and train from here.
    It is exclusive to the doubles players.
    Coach Gopichand wants Doubles Coach Tan Kim Her to work on 2 levels.
    1. Maximum Rio Qualification
    2. Shape up young juniors

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what can you expect from our jokernaulists... The other day the IT anchor while interviewing Shubham Jaglan confused 1 stroke victory with hole in one... Wonder why they are allowed to cover sports... The worst thing is their constant screaming of the false cliche "why are you not playing cricket?"... No wonder the media and their acolytes will be the last to realise that India has been a multiple sports country for ages.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tan Kim Her: Has to give BAM 3 months notice

Link: http://bit.ly/1KtbNQH

BAM has a strong exit clause.
    Tan Kim Her "“First, I will need to submit my resignation letter to BAM and serve out the three months’ notice as stated in my contract,”
    "I still need to abide by the BAM rules, so I don’t know when I will actually be allowed to leave and start work in India.”

This means he may come end of September or get delayed by one more month to end of October. Hope BAM release him end of September!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prediction for Indians:--

MS:--

HSP, if fit will lose to CL in QF.
    Kash can lose anywhere from R2 to SF, most likely R2 vs TMN or QF vs Momota
    Sri, who has a shitty, shitty draw can win it all, but can also perish anywhere from R2 onwards. QF vs LCW seems his most likely altar of sacrifice, however I hope he walks out World Champion by the end of the event. Jai Hind!!!

WS:--
    SN will reach QF and lose to Yihan
    While PVS will perish most probably against LXR in PQF, she might live long enough to fall victim to Caro in SF. If CM's injured, PVS may even win it. Most likely outcome for her would be exit vs LXR.

MD:--
    AD/PJC might reach R2
    Poor Manu/Sumeeth will definitely perish at R1 thanks to this horrid draw. Good recent form notwithstanding.

WD:--
    While Sikki/Pradnya can easily lose in the early rounds, they can reach PQF if they play well.
    Dhanya/Mohita will fall at R1
    JG/AP will reach QF and perish to Luo twins. They won't fall earlier, won't progress beyond.

XD:--
    Arun/Aparna might bring a cheer by winning a round (or a game)
    Tarun/Sikki will fall in R1

Based on the draw, best case scenario seems 1 Bronze (Kashyap).... Most likely scenario seems we will return empty handed.

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46