User Tag List

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: India Badminton

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    Isn't the entry based on rating? Since Prajakta and Jwala have not played at all in any tournaments, they wont even make the reserve list, right?

Anyway can confirm how this works?
    Since the court has directed BAI to answer the same, lets wait for BAI's best possible reply in this regard. As jwala is involved here(considering her familiarity in Indian badminton than Prajaktha), i think they might consider their plea and let them play for the upcoming tournament. Lets see, how it goes.

(I don't know still for how many years both of them will move to the court for everything they are involved with BAI??? )

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Senior ranking badminton-tournament in Hyderabad

http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...lection-trials

EXCERPTS:

Badminton Association of India has sanctioned an All India Senior Ranking Badminton Tournament for men and women in memory of Smt Vankina Anjini Devi at the Pullela Gopichand and Nimmagadda Badminton Foundation, Gachibowli, Hyderabad from January 23 to 27.

The qualifying matches will be held on January 23 and 24 while the main draw matches will be held from January 25 to 27.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blame BAI for Jwala’s fury

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle4337101.ece

EXCERPTS:

“I have decided to partner Prajakta since Ashwini Ponnappa has promised to be with Pradnya Gadre till April this year. I did not want Ashwini to break it,” says Jwala.

Sources say she was bluntly told by the BAI to desist from partnering Prajakta.
    Why Prajakta as her partner? “I feel sorry for her. I just wanted to help her,” replied Jwala. “I am playing for the love of the game and I am not scared of anything. I will continue to fight the system,” she insists. Jwala also questioned the double standards of the BAI who accused her of not taking part in national events to be considered for national team selections but apply a different yardstick to a select few.

“You cannot have different rules for different players,” she argues. However, BAI secretary K. Ch. Punnaiah Choudary says if Jwala is not picked officially in the Indian team, she can take part on her own and with any partner including Prajakta.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New BAI rules will force Saina Nehwal to play in the Nationals

http://www.firstpost.com/sports/new-...ium=cat_sports

EXCERPTS:

World number two Saina Nehwal could be seen in action in the next senior nationals after a gap of five years if the Badminton Association of India (BAI) enforces the new Players’ guidelines issued on Thursday in letter and spirit.

In a bid to give a new lease of life to the domestic circuit, BAI has now made it mandatory for all players to participate in the Nationals and two international competitions organised in India by the sport’s governing body.

Players with a world ranking above 40 in singles and 25 in doubles will have to also play in at least one senior ranking tournament while all others will have to play two ranking tournaments in addition to the nationals.

According to the new guidelines, if the players fail to adhere to the rules laid down by the BAI, then they can be barred from participating in international tournaments for even six months.

It will now also be mandatory for the players to devote seven days in a calendar year towards promotional activities of BAI.

Salient features of the Guidelines

(A) Participation in the following domestic / International events is mandatory for all players having world ranking including the player having First 25 World Ranking in Singles and first 15 World Ranking in Doubles Participation in the following four tournaments is a MUST for all players meeting the criteria eligibility:-

1) Nationals

2) Super Series in India

3) Indian Badminton League

4) India Grand Prix Gold

(B) Participation of Top Players in the Ranking Prize money Tournaments is mandatory as per the grading given below in each calendar year.

(i) For players in First 25 World Ranking in Singles and first 15 World Ranking in Doubles it is NOT mandatory to play in Major Ranking prize money Tournament.

(ii) Players in World Ranking from 26 – 40 in Singles and from 16 -25 in Doubles have to play in at least one Ranking Prize Money Tournament.

(iii) Rest of the player have to play in minimum of 02 Ranking Prize Money Tournaments.

(iv) The cut-off date of BWF Ranking is to be considered ranking released in first week of Jan and June of each year.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    Senior ranking badminton-tournament in Hyderabad

http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...lection-trials

EXCERPTS:

Badminton Association of India has sanctioned an All India Senior Ranking Badminton Tournament for men and women in memory of Smt Vankina Anjini Devi at the Pullela Gopichand and Nimmagadda Badminton Foundation, Gachibowli, Hyderabad from January 23 to 27.

The qualifying matches will be held on January 23 and 24 while the main draw matches will be held from January 25 to 27.

Gurusaidutt and Sindhu clinch titles

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle4352047.ece

EXCERPTS:

R.M.V. Gurusaidutt and P.V. Sindhu clinched honours in the men’s and women’s singles in the Vankina Anjani Devi memorial all-India senior ranking badminton tournament at Gopi Academy here on Sunday.

In the men’s final, Gurusaidutt (PSPB) got the better of his teammate and sparring partner B. Sai Praneeth (PSPB) for a 21-17, 21-14 win while favourite Sindhu put it across Arundhati Pantawane (PSPB) 21-13, 21-19 in the women’s singles final.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  17.0 KB

Sindhu seemed to be in a hurry in the first game coming up with a series of big smashes which clearly rattled the seventh-seeded Arundhati. It was a high quality display from Sindhu who put on show her trademark cross-court winners and delectable drops.

But, in the second game, Arundhati was more determined and gave a tough fight to the local girl playing on a familiar court where she trains regularly. This was the phase when Arundhati engaged Sindhu in some fine rallies from the baseline to put her on the defensive. However, once Sindhu switched gears making good use of her reach in crunch time there were no escape routes for Arundhati.

The men’s final was of a better standard as the two good friends (both train at Gopi Academy) were engaged in a very close battle. The third-seeded Gurusaidutt and top-seeded Praneeth came up with some telling smashes repeatedly. But what separated Guru from his opponent was his ability to come up with some stunning returns off what looked like clear winners from Praneeth.

Praneeth also had the misfortune of a few line calls going against him at crucial junctures, which seemed to have upset his rhythm. On the other hand, Gurusaidutt came up with the big smashes at the right time to emerge a clear winner.

The results:

Men: Final:
    R.M.V. Gurusaidutt (PSPB) bt B. Sai Praneeth (PSPB) 21-19, 21-14.

Semifinals:
    Praneeth bt Sourabh Varma (PSPB) 21-17, 18-21, 24-22 ; Gurusaidutt bt K. Srikanth (AP) 1-0 retd.

Doubles (final):
    Akshay Dewalkar (AI) & J. Pranav Chopra (PSPB) bt K. Tarun & Arun Vishnu (PSPB) 16-21, 21-9, 21-15.

Semifinals:
    Tarun & Arun bt Bennet Antony and P.H. Suraj (Ker) 21-11, 21-11; Akshay & Pranav bt Alwin Francis (Ker) & V. Diju (PSPB) 21-19, 21-14.

Women: Final:
    P.V. Sindhu (PSPB) bt Arundhati Pantawane (PSPB) 21-13, 21-19; semifinals: Sindhu bt P.C. Thulasi (Ker) 21-13, 9-21, 21-16; Arundhati bt Sanyogita Ghorpade (AI) 21-9, 21-16.

Doubles (final):
    Pradnya Gadre (AAI) & G. Ruthvika Shivani (AP) bt J. Meghana (AP) & Rituparna Das (WB) 8-21, 21-17, 21-18; semifinals: Meghana & Rituparna bt R. Jamuna Rani & R. Leela Lakshmi (AP) 21-11, 21-18; Pradnya & Ruthvika bt P.V. Sindhu (PSPB) & P.C. Thulasi (Ker) 21-14, 21-14 .

Mixed doubles (final):
    Akshay Dewalkar & Pradnya Gadre bt Arun Vishnu & Aparna Balan 17-21, 21-10, 21-18; semifinals: Arun & Aparna bt T. Hemanagendra Babu & J. Meghana (AP) 19-21, 21-16, 21-16; Akshay & Pradnya bt K. Nanda Gopal & Sanyogita Ghorpade 21-10, 21-18.

Its interesting to see P.V.Sindhu playing doubles with P.C.Thulasi. But they were beaten by Pradnya and Ruthvika(another 14 year old upcoming women's singles player) in semifinals. Saina didn't participate.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Commonwealth gold medallist Gutta debuts on silver screen

http://www.badzine.net/news/commonwe...-screen/23376/

EXCERPTS:

After her exploits on badminton court, ace Indian shuttler Jwala Gutta is now making her foray into the tinsel town and she will be seen shaking a leg in a dance number for a Telugu film titled 'Gunde Jaari Gallanthayyinde (GJG)'.

Known for her spirited performance on court, Jwala, who is the reigning Commonwealth Games gold medallist, is now shooting for a dance number in a film, which stars her good friend and actor Nithin.

"Nithin and the producer are my good friends and they told me about this song. I thought they were kidding but after I heard the song, I thought why not give it a shot after all life is one and I like trying out new things," Jwala told PTI.

"The song is peppy and casual. I was nervous on first day of my shoot yesterday as there were lots of people at the set and it is a different experience. I had to do rehearsals for the steps for a week and it was fun," she added.

Asked if she wants to switch career to films, Jwala, who won the National Championships 13 times until 2010, said, "Badminton remains my first love. It is my life and even if I retire I will work for badminton. But at same time, if there is something new and if I am comfortable with the director and if he has the confidence on me, then I will give it a shot."

Jwala will be shaking a leg opposite Nithin in the film 'Gunde jaari.. Gallantayyinde..!', which is the directorial debut of Vijay Kumar Konda.

The 2011 world champion bronze medallist, Jwala had taken a six-month break after London Olympics but she has already started her training and will make her return to international badminton at the German Open which starts on February 26.

"I have already started training on January 10. Initially it was difficult to get up at 5:30 in the morning but now it has again fallen into place. I am focusing on my strength and fitness," she said.

Jwala will be partnering Prajakta Sawant, who had filed a case against national chief coach Pullela Gopichand at Bombay High Court accusing him of mental harassment.

OMG !!!. God, SAVE ME...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its interesting to see P.V.Sindhu playing doubles with P.C.Thulasi. But they were beaten by Pradnya and Ruthvika(another 14 year old upcoming women's singles player) in semifinals. Saina didn't participate.
    semifinals: Sindhu bt P.C. Thulasi (Ker) 21-13, 9-21, 21-16

Hmmm ... what happened in the second set? Loss of concentration?
    All her games seems to be going to 3 sets, against unknown and also established players.
    At her level she should be packing Thulasi in straight sets unless Thulasi happens to be another Saina in the making

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

semifinals: Sindhu bt P.C. Thulasi (Ker) 21-13, 9-21, 21-16

Hmmm ... what happened in the second set? Loss of concentration?
    All her games seems to be going to 3 sets, against unknown and also established players.
    At her level she should be packing Thulasi in straight sets unless Thulasi happens to be another Saina in the making
    Actually, P.C.Thulasi is a good player.. Afterall, she is one of training partner to sindhu. Obviously, there would not be any doubt in knowing the strengths and weaknesses of sindhu. Though, i catch your point.. She need to come out of her mental game. Once she loses some quick early points in the second game, sindhu opts for rubber leaving the second game as such. Saving her energy??? No idea whats going on in her mind though. But, still one month to go for All England.. It should not be like normal practice as if she does earlier. It should be like training her weaknesses alone will also do good to her. Lets see , how it goes for her...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, P.C.Thulasi is a good player.. Afterall, she is one of training partner to sindhu. Obviously, there would not be any doubt in knowing the strengths and weaknesses of sindhu. Though, i catch your point.. She need to come out of her mental game. Once she loses some quick early points in the second game, sindhu opts for rubber leaving the second game as such. Saving her energy??? No idea whats going on in her mind though. But, still one month to go for All England.. It should not be like normal practice as if she does earlier. It should be like training her weaknesses alone will also do good to her. Lets see , how it goes for her...
    She should avoid going to 3 sets unless she is mentally and physically strong. She is neither from my observations so far. Saina does have this covered at times but she is very inconsistent especially with so called weaker opponents.

I also don't believe in giving up a set unless your endurance and stamina is weak. Otherwise you would leave your opponent at a mental high which is very dangerous.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She should avoid going to 3 sets unless she is mentally and physically strong. She is neither from my observations so far. Saina does have this covered at times but she is very inconsistent especially with so called weaker opponents.

I also don't believe in giving up a set unless your endurance and stamina is weak. Otherwise you would leave your opponent at a mental high which is very dangerous.
    I am not telling it always.. P.C.Thulasi is a rally player. Might have thought to save energy to make a comeback in the rubber !!!. Possibilities are there right.. Anyhow, According to me, she is full of potential.. She need to utilise it when it is needed. In times like tense moments, she seems to lose her nerves and makes many unforced errors. Eradicating the tension to attain the goal is the priority for her now..

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chennai to host Super Series event

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle4367578.ece

EXCERPTS:

Chennai will play host to a ‘Super Series’ major international badminton event around April or May next year.
    The Tamil Nadu government recently sanctioned Rs. one crore, subsequently raised to Rs. three crore, towards prize money for the event.

According to Ashok Bajaj, General Secretary, Tamil Nadu Badminton Association, the encouragement for bidding such a big event, currently staged in New Delhi, has come from the Government’s initiative.

He said there could be no other venue other than the Nehru Indoor stadium and the Government was helping in refurbishing the stadium by sanctioning Rs. 10 crore.

“The flooring have been changed as also the lighting. What remains are the air-conditioning system and the water tanks,” he said.Mr. Bajaj said he had also informed the Government of the need for at least three practice courts since this was mandatory for hosting any top-ranking international tournament.

“We are hoping that all this will be looked into and Chennai will be ready to witness the best of world talent in action,” he said.

Once the stadium is ready, more international tournaments could be planned. He mentioned in connection with the fact that the Association was prepared to hold a CM Trophy event and to even accept the offer of hosting the World Cup scheduled for next year.

Mr. Bajaj said there were plans to get some of the legends in the sport too to patronise the proposed Super Series event. “There is every chance that Lin Dan, the top Chinese player, will visit Chennai. He has expressed interest,” he said.

Nice move taken by Chief Minister J. Jayalalitha. If Chennai got selected to host the tournament, i would be the most happiest man in the world..

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BAI mulls sending Prajakta to Europe

http://www.sportskeeda.com/2013/01/3...kta-to-europe/

EXCERPTS:

The Badminton Association of India (BAI) is mulling whether Mumbai’s Prajakta Sawant could be part of the India squad to Europe for the German Open and the All England Badminton Championships in February-March. BAI has in principle agreed to clear her name for the European circuit but as things stand, she may not “merit selection” on her ranking to be part of the national squad. That means she will have to fend for herself and that will be a heavy financial burden on her.
    BAI secretary general Vijai Sinha said Sawant’s case is under consideration and a decision will be taken in a day or two.

“We have not decided on the issue yet, we will do so in the next couple of days,” Sinha told IANS from Lucknow.

The BAI rethink follows the Bombay High Court ruling Wednesday that it should consider sending Sawant for the two major European tournaments.

The court ruling came following Sawant’s plea in November that national coach Pullela Gopichand was “mentally harassing” her by keeping her out of the national training camps.

“My entry is confirmed for both the tournaments, but I am the only one not listed in the national squad. BAI told me that they are considering whether I could be part of the national team and will get back to me in a couple of days. If I am not part of the official squad there is little time for me to find a sponsor as it is going to be an expensive trip,” Sawant told IANS from Bangalore, where she is playing in an All India Senior Ranking Tournament.

Gopichand had recently stated that the matter should be laid to rest in the interest of the sport in the country.

Asked if she was willing to drop the charges against Gopichand in the interest of the game, the former national women’s and mixed doubles champion said she can’t comment on the subject as she needs to discuss the matter with her lawyer.

“We have not decided on that. I need to discuss with my lawyer on dropping the charges,” said the 20-year-old.
    Sawant said if she goes to Europe then she will partner Jwala Gutta, who showed support and willingness to play with the Mumbai girl.

JWALA/PRAJAKTHA , both of them need to concentrate in the game hereafter. Past is past. Concentration in the training will definitely pave way in their career for good. They have to cross the qualifiers in both the tournaments. Hence, it will be a huge hurdle in front of them. But i hope, they will cross it and enter the main draw and do better in these two tournaments..All the very best for both of you.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Pranaav begins 2013 on a winning note

Feb 4, 2013
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/18327532.cms

Excerpts:

LUDHIANA: Adding another feather to his cap, city-based shuttler Pranaav Jerry Chopra won the mixed doubles title at the ONGC All India ranking tournament, playing with Maneesha, at Bangalore.

They defeated number 1 ranking missed double pair of the country Arun Vishnu and Aparna Balan in grueling three sets that ended at 21-15, 18-21 and 22-20. Despite a weak link in Maneesha, who is 17 and was playing her first senior category match, the pair could hold their nerves until they clinched the finals.

Praanav, 20, and Maneesha have been partnering for the mixed doubles since December and are training at badminton ace Pullela Gopichand's academy.

...Pranaav says he is thankful to his employers ONGC for helping him shape his international career, apart from the coaches and family, who are his pillars of strength.

..."ONGC had provided the much needed financial support when I had a knee injury last year and covered my foreign tours as well. This relieves a player from a lot of stress and lets him or her concentrate more on the game," adds Pranaav.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Sordid drama continues...

HC asks state to pay for Prajakta's overseas trip

By Rosy Sequeira, TNN | Feb 2, 2013
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...w/18298184.cms

Excerpts:

MUMBAI: In India the popular perception is that more funds are spent on sports officials than players, observed Bombay high court on Wednesday after the Badminton Association of India (BAI) declined to bear the expenses of player Prajakta Sawant for the forthcoming championships in Germany and England pleading policy compulsions.

The court has directed the Maharashtra government to consider funding her saying "she needs to be encouraged being a resident of Mumbai."

A division bench of Chief Justice Mohit Shah and Justice Anoop Mohta were informed by BAI's advocate Girish Godbole that since she is not part of the Indian team her expenses cannot be borne by it.

"We have a policy. If we do it for it her it shall set a precedent. Her entry was sent after the court directed it," he said, adding that eight other players attending the championships are paying their own expenses. Sawant's advocate Piyush Shah said these players are without rankings and questioned the basis on which they are being sent.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make domestic events open to foreign players: Vimal Kumar

http://www.sportskeeda.com/2013/02/1...s-vimal-kumar/

EXCERPTS:

Vimal Kumar, former world No.17 and chief coach of the Indian team, has always been a progressive voice in Indian badminton. As chief coach, he had submitted an elaborate ‘LTDP’ – Long Term Development Programme — to the Badminton Association of India which was unfortunately ignored. If the LTDP had been implemented, Indian badminton would have been far ahead of where it is today. In this conversation, Vimal elaborates on some of his ideas to revive the domestic circuit, which has been stifled due to a lack of innovative ideas in the country:
    Make Indian tournaments open to foreigners:

Indian tournaments should be open to everybody. Let the tournaments be open, except the national championships. If I’m having a Rs 2 lakh tournament in West Bengal, I might get entries from Bangladesh. The profile of the tournament will get better. Don’t sit on technicalities. It doesn’t matter if it’s not recognised as an international tournament. We have to welcome foreign players – that will help our players as well.

Stop wasting time on frivolous issues:

The major detriment is the conditions put in the name of BWF rules. Like, if you’re playing an open tournament, you are not allowed to wear a district T-shirt; the quarterfinals onwards, T-shirts have to match with shorts, etc. Half the time, these officials waste time on irrelevant issues. It’s absolutely ridiculous. Umpires are petrified because of a few officials. Instead of conducting matches, they are worried about what’s written on the T-shirts, or the size of the logo, so players are pasting tape on their T-shirts, which looks bad.

Change the structure of inter-state event:

(The inter-state event has become lop-sided ever since all the various petroleum companies, which employ most of the international players, have started fielding a unified team.)
    Make the nationals interesting. The inter-state has become a farce. Only the winner of the inter-unit matches should represent the petroleum sector at the inter-state event. They should not field a unified team.
    Elite players must play domestic events:

This has been going on for the last five-six years. The number of tournaments has dropped. Our emphasis is only on elite players. We are neglecting the next line of players. Every tournament organiser wants the best players in the country, but that’s not possible because of the hectic international schedule. The top players should compulsorily play in one or two domestic tournaments.
    Over the last five-six years, the Sports Ministry has given tremendous support, so players have the responsibility to give back to the sport. They cannot say they cannot play in domestic events. The top players should play at least two tournaments in the country. The mentality of the player is to expect everything to be given to them. Professionalism means you should spend your own money on your training requirements, rather than expect the state or your sponsor to do everything for you.
    Reduce the minimum prize money required for tournaments:

Now, the minimum is Rs 5 lakh prize money, and the total money required to hold a tournament is around Rs 10 lakh. The cost of the officials has gone up. Organisers are being burdened. They are putting in Rs 10 lakh, but what are they getting back? So they need to be given options. Keep the higher prize money tournaments, but keep even Rs 1 lakh prize money tournaments. The second line of players don’t get any events to play. They are spending money to go for international tournaments. Instead of burdening organisers, allow the national circuit to have different categories of prize money tournaments. Let even the third line of players play. Let there be 20-30 tournaments.

Make the draws transparent:

The entries close 21 days before a tournament. The M (main draw) and Q (qualifying) lists are put out one week before. But why aren’t the draws announced immediately? The draws are announced only at the last minute, and there are all kinds of changes that happen. Now, even on the first day of the tournament, the draw is likely to change. We don’t even know where the draws are done. There is no system. We should know who’s doing it. Even at the nationals, the draw wasn’t out on time. The referee doesn’t have a clue. He’s not informed of anything.

Crack down on overage menace:

I’d say 50-60 percent of junior players are overage. Introduce bone tests for the international team. If junior players are caught, prevent them from playing age-category events. If the culprit is in the under-19 category, stop them from playing for two years. Badminton is the only sport that’s not implementing it.

Enable both scoring formats:

I always say the 80s was the golden era of badminton. We should have both scoring formats. The quality of the game has gone down because of the scoring format; everybody is scared of opening up their game and exploring the length and width of the court. They all want to play fast and safe, and bang down the shuttle if it is hit up.

EXCELLENT IDEAS. But got rejected?? !!! . If somebody comes up with some ideas, even without analysing the solution and its impacts, blocking from its scratch is totally blind thing for the welfare of it(any event). I am totally pissed off.

I was really wondered by the way he asked about draws of the tournaments. Even i was thinking the same for long time. Make it transparent. This should be the prime motto of an excellent governance. I believe that those few drawbacks in the books of BWF can be cured with appropriate medicine in the near future and make all of us happy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up 2013 Indian Badminton League (from June 24 to July 11)

The coming USD 1 million 2013 Indian Badminton League (from June 24 to July 11) should be an exciting event to follow.

I have placed this event in this thread;

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...83#post2044483

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crack down on overage menace:

I’d say 50-60 percent of junior players are overage. Introduce bone tests for the international team. If junior players are caught, prevent them from playing age-category events. If the culprit is in the under-19 category, stop them from playing for two years. Badminton is the only sport that’s not implementing it.

I always say the 80s was the golden era of badminton. We should have both scoring formats. The quality of the game has gone down because of the scoring format; everybody is scared of opening up their game and exploring the length and width of the court. They all want to play fast and safe, and bang down the shuttle if it is hit up.

EXCELLENT IDEAS. But got rejected?? !!! . If somebody comes up with some ideas, even without analysing the solution and its impacts, blocking from its scratch is totally blind thing for the welfare of it(any event). I am totally pissed off.

I was really wondered by the way he asked about draws of the tournaments. Even i was thinking the same for long time. Make it transparent. This should be the prime motto of an excellent governance. I believe that those few drawbacks in the books of BWF can be cured with appropriate medicine in the near future and make all of us happy.

I can agree with most of the suggestions except
    1) Crack down on overage menace:
    Bone testing? I am sure everyone has an ID, right?
    If 50 - 60% are overage something is fundamentally wrong with the ID verification.
    How do they do bone testing? Bone samples or by external non intrusive methods?

2)
    So who decides which one to use? Toss of coin?
    Players are already complaining of too many tournaments. If 15 points system are rolled out again, we are going to have super long long matches and probably more injuries.

Last edited by rogerv2; 02-19-2013 at 08:44 PM.

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast