Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    after finished the yoc list
    i just realize that we get the maximum slot(4) for yoc
    zulfadli
    loh wei sheng
    yang li lian
    sonia
    will compete in yoc
    Second chance for them this year. Loh WS no longer eligible in WJC next year? I think he will be 19 next year...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Second chance for them this year. Loh WS no longer eligible in WJC next year? I think he will be 19 next year...
    actually is 3rd chance
    yup
    lws born in 1992

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulation Ow Yao Han for his 2nd WJC BD Champion.

Congratulation to Yew Hong Kheng.

Congratulation Nelson/Teo....for a great show.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

congrates to both pair

will do a wjc conclusion
    yoc expectation
    next year ajc and wjc expectation
    tonight

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Malaysia reign supreme in boys' doubles

Kim Hock saw his pairs fail in the 2008 Asian Junior Championships but three months later, Yao Han and Kah Ming ensured Malaysia maintain their grip on the boys' doubles in Alor Star

should be 2009 ajc
    2008 mak and teo won in ajc

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/N...cle/index_html

Junior shuttlers show their mettle at world meet

“We have met the target by taking home one title. We also won the boys’ doubles title last year and we have maintained our good tradition in this event,” he said.
    ”Credit must be given to Nelson-Ee Yi for coming this far. This is their first World Juniors and they have done well. Ee Yi also did well to reach the quarter-final in the mixed doubles (with Shevon Lai Jemie) on Friday.
    “And the good news is that Nelson-Ee Yi will still be around for the next championships.”
    Kim Tho added that although Yao Han-Hong Kheng would start as the favourites to win the title, they definitely could not afford to take their compatriots lightly.
    “They are the more senior players but Nelson-Ee Yi know their game well and will not bow out without giving a fight of their lives,” he said.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...850&sec=sports

welll done boys!
    malaysian is proud of u

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations to Ow Yao Han for his second WJC title and Yew Hong Kheng for getting it right with Yao Han this time!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Congratulations to Ow Yao Han for his second WJC title and Yew Hong Kheng for getting it right with Yao Han this time!
    yeah
    after wasted 2 ajc title

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow 2010 World Junior Championships

Congratulations to our MAS Juniors for performing well at this 2010 World Junior Championships.

Wishing that they would continue to improve, and that they could become top senior MAS players within the next few years.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    yeah
    after wasted 2 ajc title
    yup... luckily he got this time right.. his 1st ever wjc and he takes it!

congrats to him and his partner, ow..

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Congratulations to our MAS Juniors for performing well at this 2010 World Junior Championships.

Wishing that they would continue to improve, and that they could become top senior MAS players within the next few years.
    haha
    so many senior ahead
    we have more than 10 md pair after they join bam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess both of them are officially in the back-up squad now. Hopefully they perform well and GP tourneys and win their first in 2 - 3 years time.
    Hope Mak/Tan can win their first GP this year or the next... otherwise I think they will follow the likes of Hoon/Ong.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Star Online > Sports
    Tuesday April 27, 2010
    Yao Han wins second world junior doubles title with new partner Hong Kheng
    By RAJES PAUL
    PETALING JAYA: National doubles coach Tan Kim Her is ready to take newly-crowned world junior boys’ doubles champions Ow Yao Han-Yew Hong Kheng under his wings and take them to greater heights.

On Sunday, Yao Han-Hong Kheng lived up to their billing as the second seeds to beat younger compatriots Nelson Heg Wei Keat-Teo Ee Yi 21-18, 21-15 in the final in Guadalajara, Mexico.

It was Yao Han’s second world junior boys’ doubles title and Malaysia’s sixth in the series.

In fact, all the Malaysian winners on previous occasions were also in doubles events.

They were the boys’ pairs of Yao Han-Chooi Kah Ming (last year), Mak Hee Chun-Teo Kok Siang (2008), Tan Boon Heong-Hoon Thien How (2004), Chan Chong Ming-Teo Kok Seng (1998) and Chong Ming-Jeremy Gan (1996); and the mixed pairs of Lim Khim Wah-Ng Hui Lin (2007) and Chong Ming-Joanne Quay (1996).
    Proud moment: Yew Hong Kheng (left) and Ow Yao Han (right) posing with their medals and trophy after winning the doubles title in the World Junior Championships in Guadalajara, Mexico on Sunday.

Prior to the World Juniors, arrangements had been made for Yao Han to be placed under the charge of Kim Her, who is currently coaching his former partner, Kah Ming.

Yao Han and Hong Kheng are no longer eligible to play in junior tournaments while Nelson-Teo Yi have another year to give it a shot to go one step better under the guidance of Bukit Jalil Sports School (BJSS) doubles coach Yap Kim Hock.

Kim Her said that a proper system should be established so that world junior champions would not sink into oblivion.
    “I will have three world junior champions (Yao Han, Hong Kheng and Kah Ming) under my care if an earlier arrangement by national chief coach (Rexy Mainaky) gets the approval,” he said.

“I will come out with a comprehensive programme and plan for them. They need to be exposed in senior tournaments to adapt to the different challenges in a more competitive field.

“Not all world junior champions make it big in the senior ranks. This is something that we have to look into. They have the talent and we have to do the right thing to get them to shine in senior tournaments.

“Attention has to be given during the transition period. They may be early-round casualties in their first year as a senior pair but it should not worry us.

“With continued guidance, we can groom them into world-class players in the senior ranks too.”

Yao Han-Hong Kheng will return home tomorrow.
    While Malaysia’s continued their domination in the boys’ doubles, the absence of China was felt strongly in the boys’ and girls’ singles event.
    Viktor Axelsen created history when he became the first Danish player to win at the World Juniors, beating South Korean Kang ji-wook 21-19, 21-10 in the final.
    In the girl’s singles, Thailand’s 15-year-old Ratchanok Intanon continued her domination, winning the title for a second time – beating Japanese Misaki Matsumoto.

http://www.thestar.com.my/services/p...asp&sec=sports

Fully agree with bolded part.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

luckily all our junior are taller than Yap Kim Hock!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Yao Han a smashing success

"I am happy to win back-to-back titles with two different partners. Both of them have their strong points but I leave it to the coaches to decide on my partnership," said Yao Han.

"This is my last year in the World Juniors and I am happy to end it with a gold medal."

While Yao Han-Hong Kheng were the favourites in the final, national junior doubles coach Yap Kim Hock applauded the efforts of Nelson-Ee Yi who ensured an all-Malaysia final for the first time.

Nelson-Ee Yi were beaten by eventual champions Kang Ji Wook-Choi Seung Il in the semi-finals of the Asian Juniors but the Koreans' exit in the quarter-finals paved the way for the Malaysian No 2 to make their mark.

"We are proud that the doubles delivered another gold medal in the World Junior Championships. We are also happy that Nelson and Teo made it to the final as well," said Kim Hock.

"They (Nelson-Ee Yi) still have another year to play in the World Juniors and this is good for Malaysia.

"But we want to increase the number of pairs so that the national team will have a larger pool to choose from. We are doing our part in this area and after the junior stage, it is the responsibility of the national coaches to take over.

"Yao Han has shown that he can win with different partners but it is up to the national coaches to decide who he should partner."

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/N...cle/index_html

well
    congrates to them

to respond on kak helang post:well,not everyone have that kind of mindset to understand that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone who says that Mak/Tan are still at junior level?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    What if they are shorter?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    What if they are shorter?
    Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    Do you mean that Yap KH shorter can be OG silver medalist, so..... if taller, better prospect?

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast