User Tag List

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gogo Ow Yao Han !!! mayb zulfadi can take over from lee chong wei 1 day ? i watched the clip he play dunnoe kuan beng hong or chan kwong beng in MO , not bad his playing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How was Lee Chong Wei when he was still a junior? Did he already start making impacts, or even show signs like China youngsters? If not, then perhaps our juniors might still make an impact later.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default the reason why mas lost the team event

i know that only me who think mas can win the team title
    the ms and md in is our pocket

but anyway

lai pei jing doesnt play up to her normal level,so does sonia
    how well u are in ur training is not everything
    there is something u cant learn from training
    not everyone can just come out from training and beat those who are as good as them.
    thats why i said there should have some exposure

its like a chief
    always sharpen his knife before the cooking competition but never ever really cut anything before this
    of course u wont be able to win the competition because u cant cut ur ingredient like what u want and what it should like

practical and theory is different
    on court experience against others country player is important because they are just junior and because we are not chinese player

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inexperience costs Malaysia

2010/03/25
    Reports by Ajitpal Singh

FAILURE to earn a point in the opening mixed doubles and the lack of depth in the girls' events saw Malaysia surrender their Asian Junior mixed team title to China at Juara Stadium in Kuala Lumpur yesterday.
    Malaysia, despite inspired performances from boys' singles Zulfaldi Zulkiffli and doubles Ow Yao Han-Yew Hong Kheng, were beaten 3-2 by the favourites.

National junior chief coach Sun Chenhua said he knew that Malaysia would find it tough to win the title after Yao Han-Lai Pei Jing lost the opening mixed doubles. China earned their first point when Liu Cheng-Bao Yixin defeated Yah Han-Pei Jing 21-16, 21-17.

"My players may have succeeded in surpassing my semi-final target but they could have won the title if only some players were more experienced," said a disappointed Chenhua .

"Most of them are inexperienced due to lack of international tournaments. In fact, this tournament is their first international for the year. It is not enough to become world class."

However, Chenhua praised independent shuttler Zulfadli for his excellent play throughout the mixed team event.

National junior badminton players show off their Asian Junior mixed team runners-up medals after losing to China in the final yesterday. — Picture by Mohd Yusni Ariffin

"He is slightly more experienced than his teammates as he plays international tournaments quite often. My players hardly go out of the country.

"Zulfadli, despite not being part of the BA of Malaysia (BAM) national junior squad, has shone in this tournament. He will go far as a badminton player," he said.

Chenhua hopes that Zulfadli will soon decide on joining the national junior squad.

"It is tough as an independent player as you don't get quality sparring partners in training," said Chenhua.

Zulfadli levelled the tie after the the mixed doubles defeat by overcoming Huang Yuxiang 21-17, 21-12, and Malaysia went 2-1 up when Yao Han-Yew Hong Kheng thrashed Li Gen-Song Ziwei 21-8, 21-11 in the doubles.

However, Malaysia's hopes of retaining the gold medal ended when Sonia Cheah (girls' singles) and Pei Jing-Shevon Jemie Lai (girls' doubles) lost their respective matches.

RESULTS -- Final: China 3 Malaysia 2 (Liu Cheng-Bao Cheng bt Ow Yao Han-Lai Pei Jing 21-16, 21-17; Huang Yuxiang lost to Zulfadli Zulkiffli 17-21, 12-21; Li Gen-Song Ziwei lost to Ow Yao Han-Yew Hong Kheng 8-21, 11-21; Suo Di bt Sonia Cheah 22-20, 21-15; Tang Jinhua-Xia Huan bt Lai Pei Jing-Shevon Jemie Lai 21-7, 21-9).

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/N...cle/index_html
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 03-25-2010 at 06:33 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zulfadli, Yao Han eyeing revenge

2010/03/25

ZULFADLI Zulkiffli and doubles player Ow Yao Han were bitterly disappointed after failing to help Malaysia retain the Asian Junior mixed team title despite winning their respective matches in the final yesterday.
    Both players now hope to set the record straight when they start their campaign in their respective individual events at Juara Stadium in Kuala Lumpur today.

Zulfadli is the second seed in the boys' singles while Yao Han has a dual mission as he and his respective partners are top seeds in the boys' doubles and mixed doubles.

The 17-year-old Zulfadli said his unbeaten run in the mixed team event has given him the confidence to win the boys' singles title.

"I will try my best to keep my momentum in the singles. However, I must stay focused and forget about my good run in the team," said Zulfadli yesterday.

"It is not an advantage being seeded second in junior level tournaments. I think most players from leading nations are about the same level."

Zulfadli, who has been given a first round bye, will start his campaign against South Korea's Kang Ji-wook today.

"Ji-wook is equally talented in singles and doubles. I cannot take him lightly," said Zulfadli.

If he succeeds, Zulfadli will face an array of players from leading badminton nations before a possible clash with either China's joint third-fourth seed Huang Xiangyu or India's Sai Praneet in the semi-finals. Thailand's Pisit Poodchalat is the top seed.

Meanwhile, Yao Han will partner Yew Hong Kheng in the boys' doubles and Lai Pei Jing in the mixed doubles.

Yao Han, however, does not see himself and his partners as favourites in their respective events.

"Being top seed does not mean we are favourites. Of course I will try my best to win my first Asian junior title in my last outing in this event," said Yao Han, who will be absorbed into the national junior back-up squad after next month's World Junior Championships.

Yao Han won last year's world junior title with Choi Kah Ming.

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/N...icle/art_print

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post

2010/03/25
    Reports by Ajitpal Singh

/
    from the photo looks like that they are mostly ethnic chinese, not many young malays play badminton?
    Last edited by AlanY; 03-25-2010 at 06:36 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    from the photo looks like that they are mostly ethnic chinese, not many young malays play badminton?
    Zulfadli, who played 1st BS, is malay. There's also another BS Mohd Asriyn, in individual, GS Nurhani (but she lost to Vietnam)
    They seem to be more involved in other sports like football, hockey, track cyling, archery, track & field, lawn bowling.

In another 3 to 4 years time, there'll be more Indian Msians, there're a number of good 13 y.o. in singles

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post

2010/03/25
    Reports by Ajitpal Singh

FAILURE to earn a point in the opening mixed doubles and the lack of depth in the girls' events saw Malaysia surrender their Asian Junior mixed team title to China at Juara Stadium in Kuala Lumpur yesterday.
    Malaysia, despite inspired performances from boys' singles Zulfaldi Zulkiffli and doubles Ow Yao Han-Yew Hong Kheng, were beaten 3-2 by the favourites.

National junior chief coach Sun Chenhua said he knew that Malaysia would find it tough to win the title after Yao Han-Lai Pei Jing lost the opening mixed doubles. China earned their first point when Liu Cheng-Bao Yixin defeated Yah Han-Pei Jing 21-16, 21-17.

"My players may have succeeded in surpassing my semi-final target but they could have won the title if only some players were more experienced," said a disappointed Chenhua .

"Most of them are inexperienced due to lack of international tournaments. In fact, this tournament is their first international for the year. It is not enough to become world class."

However, Chenhua praised independent shuttler Zulfadli for his excellent play throughout the mixed team event.

National junior badminton players show off their Asian Junior mixed team runners-up medals after losing to China in the final yesterday. — Picture by Mohd Yusni Ariffin

"He is slightly more experienced than his teammates as he plays international tournaments quite often. My players hardly go out of the country.

"Zulfadli, despite not being part of the BA of Malaysia (BAM) national junior squad, has shone in this tournament. He will go far as a badminton player," he said.

Chenhua hopes that Zulfadli will soon decide on joining the national junior squad.

"It is tough as an independent player as you don't get quality sparring partners in training," said Chenhua.

Zulfadli levelled the tie after the the mixed doubles defeat by overcoming Huang Yuxiang 21-17, 21-12, and Malaysia went 2-1 up when Yao Han-Yew Hong Kheng thrashed Li Gen-Song Ziwei 21-8, 21-11 in the doubles.

However, Malaysia's hopes of retaining the gold medal ended when Sonia Cheah (girls' singles) and Pei Jing-Shevon Jemie Lai (girls' doubles) lost their respective matches.

RESULTS -- Final: China 3 Malaysia 2 (Liu Cheng-Bao Cheng bt Ow Yao Han-Lai Pei Jing 21-16, 21-17; Huang Yuxiang lost to Zulfadli Zulkiffli 17-21, 12-21; Li Gen-Song Ziwei lost to Ow Yao Han-Yew Hong Kheng 8-21, 11-21; Suo Di bt Sonia Cheah 22-20, 21-15; Tang Jinhua-Xia Huan bt Lai Pei Jing-Shevon Jemie Lai 21-7, 21-9).

hell yeah
    i have the same opinion with him and i had told someone
    there is different between chief who oftenly cut with his knife and those who dont

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    hell yeah
    i have the same opinion with him and i had told someone
    there is different between chief who oftenly cut with his knife and those who dont
    It's Chef Limsy, not chief, chief is head of sthing.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 03-25-2010 at 11:17 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Star Online > Sports
    Thursday March 25, 2010
    Yao Han draws praises for smashing displays

DOUBLES chief coach Yap Kim Hock showered praises on world junior champion Ow Yao Han even though he failed to achieve double joy for Malaysia in the mixed team final against China yesterday.

Yao Han lost in the mixed doubles partnering Lai Pei Jing – losing 16-21, 17-21 to Liu Cheng-Bao Yixin. But he made up for the defeat with a powerful display in the boys’ doubles match.

Together with Yew Hong Kheng, they blew away Li Gen-Song Ziwei 21-8, 21-11 to give Malaysia a 2-1 lead in the five-match tie.

Kim Hock said that the 18-year-old Yao Han played well in both the matches.
    “He strikes a good combination with Pei Jing in the mixed doubles.
    “Maybe what they lacked today was solid control at the front of the net. They can work on this,” he said.

“In the boys’ doubles, he is shaping up well with Hong Kheng. They are certainly one of the favourites to win the individual competition.

“This time, Indonesia, South Korea, India and Japan also have one strong pair each. Hopefully, our boys can pull it off.”

Last year, Yao Han-Hong Kheng emerged as the runners-up. And Yao Han went on to win the world junior title partnering Chooi Kah Ming.

This time in the Asian Juniors Yao Han, in his partnership with Hong Kheng and with Pei Jin, are the top seeds.
    In the boys’ doubles, Yao Han-Hong Kheng have a good chance to reach the semi-finals without much of a problem.

Their main contenders in their quarter are fifth-eighth seeds Li Gen-Song.
    It will be tougher in the mixed doubles for Yao Han-Pei Jing because they are expected to face unseeded Chen Zhoufu-Ou Dongni of China in the quarter-finals.

http://thestar.com.my/services/print...asp&sec=sports
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 03-25-2010 at 11:27 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Star Online > Sports
    Thursday March 25, 2010
    Zulfadli shines despite not making the grade for SBA programme
    ZULFADLI Zulkifli found out that he was not given a place in the Selangor Badminton Association’s (SBA) 2010 programme before the Asian junior championships.
    But it did not dampen his spirits and he lived up to expectations as the first singles player for Malaysia in the mixed team competition.
    He put up a convincing show in the final against top seeds China and defeated Huang Yuxiang 21-17, 21-12.
    But Malaysia ended up 2-3 losers due to their girls’ lack of depth.
    In the semi-finals on Tuesday, Zulfadli had beaten Poodchalat Pisit to help Malaysia defeat Thailand 3-1.
    The 17-year-old Zulfadli said that he had been dropped from the Selangor programme this year but he had not received official notice on the matter.
    “My father received a call from the SBA and was told that I have been dropped. It seems that I was not good enough. This matter did trouble me but I did not let it affect my preparation,” he said.
    “I no longer train with the SBA. I have been training with the BAM (Badminton Association of Malaysia) players for the last month prior to the Asian junior championships.”
    The BAM had invited the talented player, who is currently sponsored by KLRC, to join their centralised training at Bukit Kiara.
    After the good showing in the mixed team competition, Zulfadli said that he would be out to keep up the momentum in the individual competition, which began yesterday.
    He is seeded second and has a first-round bye. In the second round today, he will take on top South Korean Kang Ji-wook.
    Three other seeded players in his quarter are Singapore’s Huang Chao (5th-8th), Thailand’s T. Boonyakorn (9th-16th) and compatriot Nur Mohd Azriyn (9th-16th).
    “My first match will be a challenging one. But I am motivated after my wins (against the Chinese and Thai) in the mixed team event. I am fitter and I hope to go far,” said Zulfadli.
    Malaysia also have hopes on fifth-eighth seeded Loh Wei Sheng to keep the national flag flying high in the boys’ singles competition.

http://thestar.com.my/services/print...asp&sec=sports

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ee Yi inspired by Boon Heong’s entry into Guinness Book

“Boon Heong is my favourite player. He is fast and plays smart on court. I just like his style. I was really happy for him when he won that award. When I hit 20, I want to be a top player, just like him,” said the 17-year-old Bukit Jalil Sports School (BJSS) student.

“Our goal is to reach at least the semi-finals but it will be a big breakthrough for us if we make it to the final,” said Ee Yi.

“Now, badminton comes first than anything else for me. I tried out in both the singles and doubles for some time but it is only the doubles for me now,” said the Johorean. “I have a good partner. We do discuss a lot about our combination. Hopefully, we can go far in our careers.”

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...265&sec=sports
    yeah,i do think they can go far and win a title next year

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lai vows to avenge mixed team title loss to the Chinese

“This is my last shot to win honours in the Asian Juniors,” said Pei Jing, who joined the Bukit Jalil Sports School (BJSS) in Form One.

“It was so disappointing in the mixed team final that day as I could not help Malaysia retain the title. The Chinese are the main stumbling blocks again in the individual competitions.

“Hopefully, I can reach the semi-finals in one of the events. It will be tougher in the mixed doubles. Our Chinese opponents are unseeded but they can be dangerous.”

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...568&sec=sports

let see if she can win a individual medal here
    for some reward

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sonia eyes ticket to Youth Olympics with steady show

“I want to be among the five to make the cut,” said the lanky Sonia, who stands at 1.73m tall. “The Youth Olympics is the biggest tournament for juniors and I want to be part of it. Making the semi-finals will guarantee me a place and I will go all out to achieve it.”

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...990&sec=sports

she might get two ticket for yoc

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Great day for Malaysia in boys’ singles

It is great that five Malaysians are still in contention in the tournament. Hopefully, we will continue with our domination,” said Zulfadli, an independent player under the sponsorship of KLRC.

Team manager Hau Kim Tho gave special mention to the efforts of Giap Chin, Yu Sheng and Azriyn.

“They were the underdogs but pulled the rugs from the more fancied players. They showed great fighting spirit and it augurs well for the team,” he said.

“We came very close to winning the title last year. We had three singles players in the semi-finals but failed to win the title (China’s Tian Houwei beat Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin in the final). There is a chance to nail it this time and we hope our players don’t run out of steam.”

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...392&sec=sports

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Giap Chin, Yu Sheng storm into fourth round

Zulfadli stayed on course for the final when he defeated Korea's Lee Hong Je 21-6, 21-18 to set up a mouth-watering clash with teammate Azriyn Ayub, who defeated Indonesia's Hermansah 21-12, 21-19, for a place in the quarter-finals.

"It was a good warm-up today (yesterday). I was slightly nervous but I managed to remain composed. The real challenge starts tomorrow (today) from the fourth round onwards," said Zulfadli yesterday.

"I have played Azriyn many times before and I rank him highly. He is a tricky player and it will be a difficult match."

Sonia, the joint third-fourth seed, recorded an easy 21-13, 21-13 victory over South Korea's Kang Ga Hee. The 17-year-old next plays Castilo Gelita of the Philippines.

"This is my best showing so far in the Asian junior meet after falling in the second round on two previous editions. I will be really happy if I can reach the semi-finals. Beyond that it will be a bonus," said Sonia, the sister of national player Lydia.

go go go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It isn't too much to hope for an All Malaysia final for BS and BD. However, Loh Wei Sheng has to pull off another upset and Zul, Nelson/Ee Yi and Ow/Yew play their part.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tough Wei Sheng draws on smart strategy to stun Thai top seed

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...537&sec=sports

“I have had a solid preparation coming into this meet. I did a good analysis of his game prior to the match and it helped,” said a jubilant Wei Sheng.

“This is my biggest win and best achievement in my badminton career. I crashed out in the early rounds in my two previous outings. This time it is a big breakthrough for me.

“But the challenge is far from over. I have another tough opponent tomorrow (today) and, hopefully, I will be able to stay consistent,” added Wei Sheng, who was grateful to coach Wong Tat Meng for guiding him over the last two years.

“I may have beaten him a few days ago but I will not take him lightly. I am sure he will be out for revenge,” said Zulfadli, who has now assured himself of a place in the Youth Olympic Games in Singapore.

“I reached the quarter-finals last year. This time I have gone one step better. This is a breakthrough for me and I hope to stay focused on the task ahead.”

Said a dejected Sonia: “I let slip a good chance to win. I made all the unforced errors at the crucial stages. I was just too eager to win. It was a consolation when I made it to the semi-finals of the doubles event though.”

Loh turns giant killer

"I watched his (Pisit) previous matches twice on video-recording. It helped me a lot as I managed to counter his aggressive game," said Wei Sheng.

"I started erratically as I was nervous but I managed to win the opening game. My opponent was also tired as he was also involved in a mixed doubles match."

"It was my best game in the tournament as I managed to control my nerves in most of the match. It is a special win but the battle is not yet done," he added.

"By far it was my worst performance in the tournament. I couldn't play my normal game but luckily my opponent was also feeling the same," said Zulfadli.

"I think it will be a tougher match as Huang has improved a lot. However, I will be well prepared as my aim is to reach the final," he added.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast