Summer Training for Kids

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by neavalmi0421, Dec 13, 2009.

1. neavalmi0421

neavalmi0421 Regular Member

New Product Development
    Hello ,

Summer is fast approaching here in Philippines and i am making a program for my kids this summer to improve their badminton. Age between 13 to 16. Currently we are just doing practice and training on weekends due to school.

However, on this coming summer, i plan to give them 6 days, mon to sat training, Sun is rest. Training time is 8:30 to 12:00nn.

I am separating the training into 3 types, however, i need other comments on the sequence of the training.

Mon & Thurs is Power and Strenghtening training.
    Tue & Fri is for Tactical training
    Wed and Sat is for Speed, Agility and Endurance.
    SUN is rest.
    All above duration is from 8:30am to 12:00 noon. Afternoon is free time already.

My kids are already in intermediate/advance level and already competing in national level and have been playing badminton for around 2 years now but it's only this year that i have really made a research for helping them improve and BC really helped me a lot on this aspect though i am not really a coach.

Currently we do all above on weekends only but during summer i want them to do separately to avoid too much repetition and getting bored of doing same things everyday.
    By the way, even our weekend workout are also in sets so that we change exercises and drills after some sessions.

Hope that other can give their feedback on the sequence if which one should be first and the advantages.

Thanks in advance.
    Neavalmi