User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 41
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default My review: Yonex Nanospeed 9900 vs Yonex Armortec 900 Technique

    hi guys

    I have both these rackets and I thought I would give you a quick review later on and a comparison between the two rackets I am very impressed with both of them and I must say they are both very good to play with
    Review shall follow shortly
    LD

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    hi guys

    I have both these rackets and I thought I would give you a quick review later on and a comparison between the two rackets I am very impressed with both of them and I must say they are both very good to play with
    Review shall follow shortly
    LD
    please please put some decent tension on the strings

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    please please put some decent tension on the strings
    I did cooler
    Last week I changed the strings nanospeed 9900 had BG80 @ 24lbs (yellow colour) and AT900t has BG80 @ 24lbs (White colour) review soon to follow

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok sorry guys I have been busy and also I fractured my wrist so that's why I haven't posted the review
    Here it is
    Firstly nanospeed 9900
    Paintwork:
    Nice design makes a change from the usual red overall I rate the design of the racket 9/10
    How it plays:
    Very well to answer in short
    It is such a nice racket for defensive play retrieving smashes is easy and using drives to counter attack in a game of doubles is really simple
    In singles play it is just as good smashes are fast for a head light racket and I would say are about as powerful as my AT900t control is good however playing net shots isn't one of it's strong points however it still does well in this department
    Manueverabillity is fantastic
    Here's how I rate it
    Power:8.5/10
    Manueverability: 9/10
    Defence:9.5/10
    Control:8.5/10
    Ease of use : 8/10

    Overall I would rate this 9/10
    Based on a 3UG3 with original grip remover and replaced with karakal ripple grip and BG80@24lbs
    AT900t review to come in a few minutes

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Armortec 900 techinque
    Paintwork :
    Again like the nanospeed the paintwork is very nice and "refreshing" the White colour is nice on the eyes and I think is the nicest looking racket in the AT range
    how it plays:
    Again, like the nanospeed it plays really well smashes are very nice great control and IMHO it excels at net play In a game of singles I just love that feel of serving high when returning a smash it is just really good at blocking to the net and also my favourite shot with the AT900t is a cross court push shot which is just so nice and easy to play, dropshots are fantastic and clears are good aswell in a game of singles I can't really think of any weaknesses
    In doubles I think this racket excels as well however maybe not as well as the ns9900 although it's not that far off drives are excelent and manueverabilityis good as well
    Here's how I rate it
    Power 9/10
    Manueverabillity 9/10
    Defence 9/10
    Control 9/10
    Ease of use 9/10

    Overall I would also rate this racket as 9/10
    Based upon a 4UG4 with original grip left on and a White yonex super grap on top strung with BG80@24lbs

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    also would like to add this extra bit
    Nanospeed 9900
    Singles play: 8.5/10
    Doubles play:9.5/10

    Armortec 900 technique
    Singles play: 9/10
    Doubles play: 9/10

    Would like to add that the AT900t is more forgiving than the nanospeed 9900
    If you can't get your timing right with the nanospeed most of the time then your shots will not be very accurate whereas the AT900 is really easy to use and I think it's a really good racket it doesn't matter if you yourself is having an off day the racket will keep performing at it's best
    I think there isn't much between the two rackets I would recomend the AT900 to everyone and the nanospeed to people that have a fast wrist action and to intermidiates/club level/ national level
    Hope you enjoyed my review
    Questions and comments are appreciated

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thank you for this review!
    I have been contemplating buying the Nanospeed 9900 for some time now.
    Maybe You can offer some advice if the Armortec 900 T is the better choice for me.

    I think I am a fairly moderate player only.
    I played badminton when I was a teenager and started playing again 2 years ago. Alas, only once a week and only for one hour.
    Currently I play with an old Carlton Aerogear 700 which I think is fairly headlight. I lack comparison with other racquets, however when I play with the clubs cheap racquets it feels as if those are a lot heavier at the head and my smashes are a lot more powerful, while I have more difficulty getting the racquet where I need it to defend against smashes or doing quick, short hits.

    My play is based both around smashing and my legwork/agility, while at the same time my technique is fairly pathetic and my upper body strength is, too.

    To explain that:
    With 32 I am the youngest player in my (very "hobby", mostly double) group, there are some heavily overweight, some middle aged women and some retirees who kick my ass most of the time because they are actually able to put the shuttle where they want it to be.
    So even though my upper body strength is fairly poor, my smashes in comparison to the other players are pretty good, as I get them over the net with a fairly high speed when the shuttle lands in my half in a place favorable for smashing.

    So yes, I do smash, but lacking the strength my smashes are not the greatest.

    Because of this, my play instead focuses around being in the right spot most of the time and actually having the will to go after the shuttle if it can't be reached from the current spot. I am blessed with quite powerful legs, so I jump higher than most and I am quick and nimble.

    So basically I survive, because regardless of my poor technique I manage to get most shuttle-cocks back to the opponents field (very defensive) and hit the occasional smash home.

    I rely heavily on my current racquets ability to be moved around relatively quickly to defend, but at the same time I would love to have a racquet that compensates for my poor strength.

    Basically thats the dilemma I face:
    I believe I need a balanced or headlight racquet because I play very defensively, but at the same time I profit massively from a bit of head-heaviness to support my smashes (let alone what shaft-stiffness do I require?). I am led to believe that to obtain both, balanced and defensive and supporting smashes is impossible.
    I was thinking, that the Nanospeed 9900 was balanced with a less stiff shaft and would therefore be a good choice.
    But since my technique is not great I need a forgiving racquet...

    Your review reads as if the Armortec might be the better choice for me.
    Can you make a suggestion in this regard?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,011
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Very good review, LD rules.

    Of course, the high marks and ease which you had with certain shots speaks to your high level of play as much as it flatters any aspect of the racquets.
    Nevertheless even lowly duffers may take useful information from your report. Thanks.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fidget View Post
    Very good review, LD rules.

    Of course, the high marks and ease which you had with certain shots speaks to your high level of play as much as it flatters any aspect of the racquets.
    Nevertheless even lowly duffers may take useful information from your report. Thanks.
    yes the AT900 is really easy to use and takes little time to get used to it's just a really good racket and really nice to use
    Actually I myself am an good (ish) player but I like to test myself against really good people and that's how I gathered this review from
    4 3x21 games of doubles and 4 3x21 games of singles 2 games each with each racket every game I played of singles in my opinion I played better with the AT900t but in doubles the ns9900 performed better I think because the way it is set up however an aspects of the ns9900 that really let's it down is it's net play I m dissapointed with it it is almost the complete package apart from this area
    The At on the otherhand excels here I honestly can't think of a area where it is poor or even just "good" it's fantastic honestly can't think of any weaknesses maybe could be a tad more stiffer (but that's just me being picky)

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    By the way fidget merry Christmas and a happy new year !

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    81
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You are comparing a (moderatly) headheavy with a (extremely) headlight racket - it is not a wonder that you feel let down by the net play with one of them depending on which sort of racket you've used before.

    I happen to have played with both rackets, now using the NS9900 since I've always used headlight rackets and it felt more natural for me. My netdrops are incredibly tight with the NS9900 whereas my netdrops with the AT 900 usually end up being too high or going straight into the net. What I'm trying to say is - it's not because the NS9900 is a bad racket for the finesse play, it's just that you are probably more used to headheavy rackets :P

    Besides this I have to say I agree very much with you - though I actually found it a bit hard to get the timing right with the AT 900; again because I'm not used to a headheavy racket, would probably come quite fast though. This also meant that especially my defence got worse. I do agree though that the AT 900 was quite forgiving when I messed up my timing, so I can only say just like you did, the AT 900 is for everyone; the NS9900 is for people with explosiveness in their swing who are willing to work with their timing.

    Merry Christmas

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trmun View Post
    You are comparing a (moderatly) headheavy with a (extremely) headlight racket - it is not a wonder that you feel let down by the net play with one of them depending on which sort of racket you've used before.

    I happen to have played with both rackets, now using the NS9900 since I've always used headlight rackets and it felt more natural for me. My netdrops are incredibly tight with the NS9900 whereas my netdrops with the AT 900 usually end up being too high or going straight into the net. What I'm trying to say is - it's not because the NS9900 is a bad racket for the finesse play, it's just that you are probably more used to headheavy rackets :P

    Besides this I have to say I agree very much with you - though I actually found it a bit hard to get the timing right with the AT 900; again because I'm not used to a headheavy racket, would probably come quite fast though. This also meant that especially my defence got worse. I do agree though that the AT 900 was quite forgiving when I messed up my timing, so I can only say just like you did, the AT 900 is for everyone; the NS9900 is for people with explosiveness in their swing who are willing to work with their timing.

    Merry Christmas
    I actually started off with a ns9900 and then bought a AT900 I alays felt let down with the nanospeed at the net it's still ok it's just not it's strong point
    Also I wouldn't say that the ns9900 is extremely head light I would agree that drop shots with the ns 9900 is easy for anyone to do. Also I would say the nanospeed is a very good racket and also that it's good for being on the defence
    Merry Christmas to you

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bauklo View Post
    Thank you for this review!
    I have been contemplating buying the Nanospeed 9900 for some time now.
    Maybe You can offer some advice if the Armortec 900 T is the better choice for me.

    I think I am a fairly moderate player only.
    I played badminton when I was a teenager and started playing again 2 years ago. Alas, only once a week and only for one hour.
    Currently I play with an old Carlton Aerogear 700 which I think is fairly headlight. I lack comparison with other racquets, however when I play with the clubs cheap racquets it feels as if those are a lot heavier at the head and my smashes are a lot more powerful, while I have more difficulty getting the racquet where I need it to defend against smashes or doing quick, short hits.

    My play is based both around smashing and my legwork/agility, while at the same time my technique is fairly pathetic and my upper body strength is, too.

    To explain that:
    With 32 I am the youngest player in my (very "hobby", mostly double) group, there are some heavily overweight, some middle aged women and some retirees who kick my ass most of the time because they are actually able to put the shuttle where they want it to be.
    So even though my upper body strength is fairly poor, my smashes in comparison to the other players are pretty good, as I get them over the net with a fairly high speed when the shuttle lands in my half in a place favorable for smashing.

    So yes, I do smash, but lacking the strength my smashes are not the greatest.

    Because of this, my play instead focuses around being in the right spot most of the time and actually having the will to go after the shuttle if it can't be reached from the current spot. I am blessed with quite powerful legs, so I jump higher than most and I am quick and nimble.

    So basically I survive, because regardless of my poor technique I manage to get most shuttle-cocks back to the opponents field (very defensive) and hit the occasional smash home.

    I rely heavily on my current racquets ability to be moved around relatively quickly to defend, but at the same time I would love to have a racquet that compensates for my poor strength.

    Basically thats the dilemma I face:
    I believe I need a balanced or headlight racquet because I play very defensively, but at the same time I profit massively from a bit of head-heaviness to support my smashes (let alone what shaft-stiffness do I require?). I am led to believe that to obtain both, balanced and defensive and supporting smashes is impossible.
    I was thinking, that the Nanospeed 9900 was balanced with a less stiff shaft and would therefore be a good choice.
    But since my technique is not great I need a forgiving racquet...

    Your review reads as if the Armortec might be the better choice for me.
    Can you make a suggestion in this regard?
    You have a PM regarding your querie

  14. #14
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,835
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    You have a PM regarding your querie
    Whatever is in it, neither should be the choice .

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Whatever is in it, neither should be the choice .
    How ? What do you suggest ?
    I though the AT900t would be best for him

  16. #16
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,835
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    How ? What do you suggest ?
    I though the AT900t would be best for him
    Out of the two it would be but for the playing level that's just overkill isn't it.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Out of the two it would be but for the playing level that's just overkill isn't it.
    Well it depends at the playing level he is at it is maybe a slight overkill he mighht be better looking at a AT600 but for the price difference i dont see the point
    What did you think of my first ever review demolidor ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Yonex Nanospeed 9900 Review
    By ants in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 807
    : 02-20-2014, 04:13 AM
  2. FS: Armortec 900 Technique / Armortec 900 Power and Nanospeed 9900
    By miragitsu in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 15
    : 08-26-2011, 04:28 AM
  3. FS: Yonex Armortec 900 Power & Yonex Nanospeed 9900 (Singapore)
    By VanAnn in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 4
    : 12-10-2010, 06:32 AM
  4. WTB: Yonex AT900 Technique and/pr Yonex Nanospeed 9900 (GVA)
    By invictus in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 09-07-2010, 03:29 PM
  5. Need review of Yonex Nanospeed 9900 & Arc Saber 7
    By ::R:: in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 4
    : 05-28-2010, 10:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •