1 piece, 2 knots string pattern advice request

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Blitzzards, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Hi guys, I was wondering if there is such a string pattern which utilises not only the 2 knots tie off but also follows the stable Yonex recommended pattern?

Personally I would prefer the "official" 4 knot pattern any time but am curious to know of the other stable patterns that can also be used.

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

You can do YY pattern with 2 knots. In my experience, the string bed does not play as well as 4 knots that is all.

3. Blitzzards

I was thinking about that actually, but would it not mean that the stringer will have to pre-weave in the pattern, measure out the lengths and loops properly first before tensioning?

I am thinking about the "technical" aspects of the stringing....

4. silentheart

Not really, do a search on 1 piece vs 2 pieces mehtod. The topic has been discussed to death already. Some people like to pre weave the whole racquet so the stringing job is faster. i only pre weave the main. You do not need to pre weave to do on piece method.

5. Blitzzards

You're right, I just realised only the mains will have to be pre-weaved to measure the required string left for the cross, since one of the tie off points starts at the mains.

By the way I have seen a different pattern for one piece stringing, but without pre-weaving needed. Although what I noticed is that with the pattern, the mains are actually tensioned from one side to the other rather than alternatively like how it is done with 2 piece....

6. silentheart

Yes, you can save time do it that way. However, if your racquet is not mounted properly, it will crack even under Yonex recommended tension. Also, the racquet does not play right when you tension main from 1 side to the other. IMHO, it is a sign of bad stringer because all he care is to save time and string to max profit.

7. Blitzzards

Thanks for the information, silentheart, very much appreciated.