Where to buy computer equipment in Singapore and Malaysia

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Pecheur, Nov 19, 2002.

1. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

After a pretty frustrating search for this stuff, I'm looking for an online retailer in Singapore and/or Malaysia for computer gear, specifically a GF4 Ti4200 graphics card. Can anyone gimme a hand? Also where is the cheapest place to buy this stuff? I'm probably going to singapore from boxing day (26th Dec) to around the 8th of Jan.

2. atj_w

atj_w Regular Member

In Singapore the best place to buy computer stuff is 'Sim Lim Square'. This building houses lots of small computer shops which will have whatever you need. It is just 5 mins from Orchard Rd. It is also 10mins walking distance to 'Bras Basah Complex' which sells badminton rackets at a very reasonable price. Refer to this thread: http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7473

Back to computers, you can check the prices for the components online, the pricelist is usually updated every weekend. The GF4 Ti4200 you are interested in is selling for about S$325 depending on brand.

Here's the site: http://www.vr-zone.com/pc.htm

3. Biogentic

Biogentic Regular Member

student
    but then again which shop in simlim sq sell the hardware at the most reasonable price is another knowledge, after sales services etc.. r very important criteras if u r buying hardware from there. Some of the better shop which u might want to patronize will be SuperPet, VideoPro, CyberMind, by the way most computer shops are located at 4th floor and up dun bother to go 1st floor or second floor i dun think they sell computer parts.

4. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

Hey thanks for that that, that site was really good. Can you bargain at any of those places? It seems that the prices were only a little cheaper, like $10, than in Australia, and for that little a discount, it isn't owrth carrying around when I'm travelling.

Anything like that in Malaysia?