Problem with my stringer ?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Speed#1, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Speed#1

Speed#1 Regular Member

Student
    Hi all, my stringer has strung a BG80 onto my Yonex AT900 Technique. The problem is, after he finished stringing, i can see that the colour of the some parts of the string is fraying off, like it has been partially worn off. Why is this so ? Will it affect my playability even though the fraying off is not serious ?

2. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    fraying is a signal that it may snap soon. how high is the tension?

3. adidascanada

adidascanada Regular Member

Could also be a sign of his clamp slipping.
    It would likely affect durability/longevity of the string. If the outerwrap is only frayed then not that that bad but if the inner core fibers are damaged then this is more serious and the performance is even more affected. The location of the fraying on the string bed increases/decreases the likelihood of these

#3 adidascanada, Dec 18, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  4. Speed#1

Speed#1 Regular Member

Student
    Tension is 25lbs on BG80 String. It seems that the colour of the string has frayed off only. As the fray-off is kind of minor. The inner core is unaffected.

I have played for twice and i can smash well and control the shuttle well. Just that the "POP" Sound is missing. Maybe the sound will come after a few more hours of playing, when the string is "warmed-up" :) ...

5. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    the sound comes not only from the tension/ type of string used but from the player as well.