NS9000 vs Arcsaber 10 - Stringing problem?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by ct3833, Dec 18, 2009.

1. ct3833

ct3833 Regular Member

Manager
    Hi,
    I notice the racket head of my NS9000 is more "round" than that of my Arcsaber 10, I am attaching two photo below for comparison purpose.

#1. The length of the Arcsaber is about 241mm whereas the one for NS9000 is 238mm. NS9000 is about 3mm shorter.

.[​IMG]

#2. The witdth of the NS9000 is about 190mm, the one for Arcsaber 10 is 187mm. NS9000 about 3mm wider.

[​IMG]

So my question to those experienced players, is this the design feature of NS9000 and Arcsaber 10, or is this due to stringing problem?

Thanks for your advice.

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

You need to get 2 unstrung racquets to do the measurements. It is to eliminate all the variables.

3. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

I may not be totally on the spot but IIRC the Arc10 was designed with a slightly longer head than the other Yonex isometric racquets, so there's no need for you to worry about that (IF I'm correct, of course). [Can others who know better please provide more info?]

By the way I notice that your NS9000 is strung with what I call the "lazy-stringer's" one piece stringing pattern, which begins with a tie off at D/B7, then loop to D/B12 and start the mains tensioning from one mains side to the other. Have you noticed that the lower "curves" of your NS9000 being a little more straight compared to your Arc10's? [As always, those who know better please comment?]

4. ct3833

ct3833 Regular Member

Manager
    silentheart,
    Thanks for your advice. haha, but that would cost me around S$30 to cut the string of both racket off.

Thanks Blitzzards, you are sharp! Frankly I know very little about stringing and racket shapr, so I am unable to comment. Instead, I post the photo of the two rackets head below for your further comment.

#3.
    [​IMG]

The two rackets were strung by two different shops. For the NS9000, I just told the person in the shop that I wanted 24lbs. Whereas for the Arcsaber, I specifically asked the person in another shop to string for me 23x25. I further asked him if I will to just mention 24 lbs, what would be do? He said he would usually string to what is close to what I have wanted(meaning with a 2 lbs difference between the main and cross).

5. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    If the shop that strung your Nano strung it at 24lbs throughout, then you will get a slightly different shape than if you use the 2lbs difference.

You would definately need to take measurements before the rackets are strung to get an accurate reading.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

6. shot3gun

shot3gun Regular Member

On the yonex website, there are different stringing patters SPECIFICALLY for NS9k

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    In theory, even 2 of the "same" racket may come out slightly different when you really compare every mm. Therefore, it's pretty pointless to compare 2 different racket to begin with. Then, once they are strung, there's even more variables throwing into the loop. :eek:

8. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    General rule of thumb: keep the strung frame no more than 1 mm greater than an unstrung one.