What socks do you wear?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Chu Pa, Nov 21, 2002.

1. Chu Pa

Chu Pa Regular Member

Searched the archives and didn't find the information I wanted. What style of socks do you wear? Ankle socks that seem to be the new trend or the traditional length sport socks. Is there anybody here that wear knee high length socks? That is a rare one. :) I use to wear traditional sport length socks but found them too hot and restricting. Switched to ankle length socks which worked great for me. Personally, ankle length socks look better too. Thanks in advance. :)

2. Mark Keizer

Mark Keizer Regular Member

I have tested all kinds of socks. There are socks available which are glued in stead of sewed, but i prefer both.
    I now have a couple of Yonex pairs, which are ankle height and very thick socks. The left and the right are different socks. I like them, if my socks are too thin I get blisters.

3. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    The ones outta da drawer???

lol... just any regular socks i usually wear

I think they're mostly basketball sox tho

However, i find that there's a median where thinness and thickness meets that achieves the best effects (so that the sox are not too sweaty and not too thin :D)

4. Vdz

Vdz Regular Member

100 % cotton

To me it does not matter what they are, as long as they are 100 % Cotton, it absorbs your sweat not like polyester you feel sticky and sweat. I am interested in trying a pair of Yonex socks since I have not got them.

Cheers

5. TOmike

TOmike Regular Member

Student
    ankle socks.. they just gotta be comfortable.. my feet don't get really wet. plus they gotta be a good fit.

6. jwu

jwu Regular Member

Medical Research
    Special yonex badminton socks with added support at the bottom of the feet and ankle guard. :D just kidding, any pair of socks I got out of the drawers that feels good will do. They are usually ankle length and if they are any higher, I'd roll them down to ankle length.

7. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

Same here... if its not thick enough to absorb my sweat, it really hurts on the court. I feel this when i havent done laundry in awhile and only have thin polyester sox left. Ouch..

8. zerochillnet

zerochillnet Regular Member

so far i think that ankle socks are the best

9. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

well...as long as they're thick (so i don't get blisters)..they're fine....i can take regular socks and pull them down to make my own ankle socks

10. Ian G.

Ian G. Regular Member

I buy the slazenger(?)(the brand that makes tennis balls) brand ankle socks. Very comfy! :)

11. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

how bout those toe socks? you ever try playing badminton with those?? i just use any regular type of socks, im looking into ankle socks though.

12. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Getting thrashed on court.
    I wear sport socks.......after all the blisters I had to. lol. :)

13. mojoe

mojoe Regular Member

student
    anyone try the real airy type of socks? the kind fit for a garbage can... with one a hole for each toe and another one at the heel? the super ventilated sock for all the sweaty feet out there! :D

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i wear regular length sports sock made by Adidas. they usually sell for around US$9-10 for 3 pairs. quite a good deal as they last quite a long time. when they age, they become thinned and more abrasive and that means pain in the badminton court.

i have ankle socks too, but i find them too short when there is a lot of sweat. the whole sock will be completely soaked. making it really uncomfortable.

i have a pair of Yonex Japan socks. they are extra extra thick. very comfortable, but also very expensive, i wonder if that's what badminton socks are supposed to be though, extra thick and comfy....

15. SlaShEr

SlaShEr Regular Member

tinkerer
    I use a pair of Yonex Ergoshape socks. They r very comfortable. It cost about $10 which is about $5.00 US.

16. RyviuS

RyviuS Regular Member

I wear really thick socks that provide alot of cushion! i don't recall what brand but i buy em at costco so their pretty good. I'd rather wear thick socks that provide some cushion then some think athletic socks.

Also they prevent blisters so thats a plus +

17. Fourcas

Fourcas Regular Member

Student
    sonehow i prefer two pair of socks. newline running socks first and then normal "tennis" socks. Now i seldom have problems with my feets! just gotta love that feeling. Hate blisters....but who dont...

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    ouch. had a really painful experience a couple of weeks ago. i wore a pretty worn out pair of sports socks and played 2 hours of badminton non-stop, including a lot of footwork drills running around. both socks on both my shoes are so worn down they are down to the threads. the thread were cutting into my feet for two hours. at the end of the two hours, i was limping around.

19. QWJr

QWJr Regular Member

0 % cotton

I only use running socks, made of polyester/ coolmax.

20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    QWJr, are the coolmax socks any good? i always wonder about them. i used to wear them for biking, but i generate so much less sweat during biking (or more like they evaporate much faster) and also the pressure on biking is more evenly distributed over the whole sole i am not really stressing them out.

do they absorb sweat well and provide good cushioning? do they wear out as fast as cotton socks?