Places to play in Arkansas?

Discussion in 'USA West' started by jktubbs, Dec 20, 2009.

1. jktubbs

jktubbs New Member

I was wondering if there was anywhere that players play badminton on a regular basis within a ~25 mile radius of Little Rock, AR.

For anyone that wants to play in Northwest Arkansas:
    At the University of Arkansas, the badminton nets (4 courts) are available from Friday 5pm til Sunday 10pm. A guest free is $5. Friday from 7pm-10pm and Sunday from 4pm-7pm is when the best players are usually there.

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

#2 ctjcad, Dec 20, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  3. jktubbs

jktubbs New Member

Thanks but I have looked those up before. They seem to be only intramural competitions at colleges. I was looking for open competition.

Also, I wasn't sure if I should use East or West. We are west of the Mississippi River, but U of Arkansas is in the SEC but used to be SWC. Pretty much center (assuming you don't count Alaska).

4. bobbyDznutz

bobbyDznutz Regular Member

sup tubbz, you can come to fort smith

5. LNNatalie

LNNatalie New Member

Student
    JKtubbs :

Hi! Are you still looking for players to play in Arkansas?
    *I play on a regular basis btw.

Thanks!

6. bobbyDznutz

LNNatalie: What part of Arkansas are you from? We play in Fayetteville where JKtubbs is talking about but it is recently closed due to refurnishing of the courts. However I play in Fort Smith where there are 3 courts.

7. LNNatalie

LNNatalie New Member

Student
    bobbyDznutz: I'm in Conway, Arkansas. I go to school at UCA and I play at the courts there. However, there are very few players there and I'd like to play more competitively most of the times :)

8. bobbyDznutz

Thats cool. I'm going to school at Fayetteville UofA as a freshman and im expecting to play there as well. I dont know what kind of competition you are looking for, lol? but i recentlly won at the Us junior nationals for Under 19 and under 22 boys doubles, if thats anything. not trying to bragg or what not. but if you really want to play just let me know and i can make arrangments. btw what ethnicity are you? i have a friend name Danny Doung in Conway and hes okay at Badminton.

and if you have a facebook mine is,
    http://www.facebook.com/bdouangpang...ef=notif&notif_t=feed_comment#!/bdouangpangna

9. LNNatalie

LNNatalie New Member

Student
    bobbyDznutz: Hey, I just came back to Conway recently, and hadn't had time to check in. It's nice to know that you play competitively too, I haven't played in quite a long time and might not perform as well. Will you be available this coming week, to play a game?

10. arkherps

arkherps Regular Member

If you are still looking for a place to play around Little Rock there is a small group that gets together tues and thurs 7:00- 9:00pm and sundays 1:00- 4:00pm at the Jim Dailey Fitness Center.

11. vinueappen

vinueappen New Member

Anyone who plays near Bentonville, AR ? Like Fayetteville, springdale or somewhere? I recently moved from Ca to Bentonville, AR and am still trying to find a place to play. I know they play badminton at the HPER building in university of AR, Fayetteville. But I heard that unless you are an alumni of student, you need someone to sign you in as guest. Please let me know if anyone plays there or is interested to play. Thanks!

12. dragonjin

dragonjin New Member

chef
    can u give me the address where i can play badminton in conway?? When and what time they start play?? i play very good...

13. averyfern

averyfern New Member

I recently moved to Northwest Arkansas and am looking to play badminton.

Where and when are playing opportunities? I would think there are international students in Fayetteville that would be interested or may already be playing regularly.

Which recreation centers / indoor facilities are available if there is interest to start a club?

I am very interested in hearing from any and every one who is serious / considering this wonderful game.

Best regards.

14. dragonjin

dragonjin New Member

chef
    play badminron in Littlerock

U can play badminton in Littlerock in Jim valley Sport center by the azoo, every tuesday n thursday at 6.30-9.00pm

15. averyfern

averyfern New Member

Badminton in Northwest Arkansas

i appreciate your response. Little Rock is 3 hours from Northwest Arkansas and is not practical. I am looking in Fayettevile, Springdale, Rogers or Bentonville. Any contacts or information about badminton play in these areas would be much appreciated. Thank you.