0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    Yonex's offer is much better than LI Ning... over 6 figures
    wow, over 6 figures??

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In pelatnas, Kido/Hendra got US$ 60K each plus prize money and bonuses like winning Seagames, etc...if they do resign, they need US$ 100K each which they will get it from Yonex...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyhow goodluck to both lads ..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MAS SS 2010 would likely be their first tourney as pro pair...

Most of local medias reported about Kido/Setiawan resignation, the JakartaGlobe version -- http://thejakartaglobe.com/badminton...al-team/348885

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, whatever they end up doing, Kido has to learn to, ahem, eat responsibly. Self discipline is extremely important when playing as independents.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sigit Give up Kido / Hendra

Push Up the backup players for Thomas Cup

JAKARTA - Sigit Pamungkas can only accept the decision of withdrawal of Markis Kido / Hendra Setiawan from Pelatnas PB PBSI in Cipayung. Double coach he could not do anything because previously had promised to allow them to be independent at the end of the year.

For Sigit, Kido / Hendra are the main provisions became coach for success. Who would not like to train the best players as they Pelatnas. In fact, until now they are still the best in world badminton.

"But I've promised to them. I have fulfilled that promise by not holding them back from Pelatnas," said Sigit to Jawa Pos yesterday (22/12).

According to Sigit, Kido / Hendra is already expressed intention to resign since last August. The desire comes after PB PBSI did not send Kido / Hendra to the World Championship in Hyderabad, India, as Kido hypertension problems.

"I was trying to restrain him. I want them to survive until the end of the year. Therefore, the time bear if back then. At that time, I promise to give up their withdrawal at the end of this year, "said Sigit.

According to Sigit, holding Kido / Hendra remain in Cipayung also will not produce maximum results. Because, Kido spirit was much decreased in the practice since he was convicted of ill hypertension. "I am more secure their release, because they promised would enter the national team if called upon," explained by Sigit.

The best couple's retreat, of course, makes Sigit have to work extra to improve the ability of the coating. The closest target is to appear in the Thomas Cup in Malaysia, 9-16 May of next. Couples staying Sigit hope could be the successor Kido / Hendra are Bona Septano / Muhammad Ahsan and Rian Sukmawan / Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki.

For long-term program, planned pair Ahsan with Yoke (greeting Yonathan). Meanwhile, Bona will paired with Rian. In addition, promote pratama Double Angga Pratama / John Rendy Sugiarto.

"I've prepared the draft. Currently, I am just waiting for the board's decision related to my plan called Anga / Rendy," Sigit call.

Separately, Hendra justify his decision to resign with Kido from Cipayung. Hendra not deny that the real difficulty is Kido. But, as a partner, Hendra was hard for me to part with Kido.

"I have been together since junior Kido. If I did not come back, very difficult for me to find a partner. I had to start from scratch, because it must match the game, character, perception, and many other things," said Hendra.

Because of that, 25 years old shuttler countered that decided to stay with Kido. Though, the consequence is the need to withdraw from Pelatnas. "We've thought about it carefully. I think, is the best decision. Moreover, even outside Pelatnas, we still can defend the national team," said Hendra.
    Last edited by Sandy; 12-23-2009 at 12:23 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sandy, is it google translation? Some of the wording & sentence sound weird. Do you have the link to the original article?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Sandy, is it google translation? Some of the wording & sentence sound weird. Do you have the link to the original article?
    Yes, google translation

the link,
    http://www.jawapos.co.id/sportivo/in...kat=2&subkat=8

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    For long-term program, planned pair Ahsan with Yoke (greeting Yonathan). Meanwhile, Bona will paired with Rian. In addition, promote pratama Double Angga Pratama / John Rendy Sugiarto.

"I've prepared the draft. Currently, I am just waiting for the board's decision related to my plan called Anga / Rendy," Sigit call.
    Oh, the original was much better. Basically, Sigit said he promised to let MK/Hendra leave end of the year, all this has been in discussion since Aug 2009. And MK/Hendra promised they would be willing to give their services if need be - for team events.

The above para can be paraphrased as "I've prepared the draft of plans. Currently, I am waiting for the board's decision on the plan to include Angga/Rendy in the national team."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Sigit Give up Kido / Hendra

According to Sigit, holding Kido / Hendra remain in Cipayung also will not produce maximum results. Because, Kido spirit was much decreased in the practice since he was convicted of ill hypertension. "I am more secure their release, because they promised would enter the national team if called upon," explained by Sigit.
    Well, as far as I am concerned, this is all the National Team needs to hear... Let them be independents for the rest of the year, but as long as they are willing to fight for their country when they are needed, that's enough!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CLELY View Post
    Most of local medias reported about Kido/Setiawan resignation, the JakartaGlobe version -- http://thejakartaglobe.com/badminton...al-team/348885

Really? I thought their names were not registered... Maybe I was wrong.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Sigit Pamungkas has decided to recruit Yohannes Rendy Sugiarto/Angga Pratama (and perhaps Mohd Ulinnuha/Berry Angriawan) into the Pelatnas main team and to swap Rian/Yoke with Bona/Ahsan, it will indeed be a challenge for them to be proven SS holder winners in the short-run.

However, I think Rendy/Angga and Ulin/Berry need to have some exposure in IC and GP level tourneys first starting next year. They are our two top U19 pairs and can be considered two of the top junior pairs in the World as well, judging from the results of AJC and WJC 2009! Let them build up their rankings and credentials first!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    If Sigit Pamungkas has decided to recruit Yohannes Rendy Sugiarto/Angga Pratama (and perhaps Mohd Ulinnuha/Berry Angriawan) into the Pelatnas main team and to swap Rian/Yoke with Bona/Ahsan, it will indeed be a challenge for them to be proven SS holder winners in the short-run.

However, I think Rendy/Angga and Ulin/Berry need to have some exposure in IC and GP level tourneys first starting next year. They are our two top U19 pairs and can be considered two of the top junior pairs in the World as well, judging from the results of AJC and WJC 2009! Let them build up their rankings and credentials first!
    honestly
    rendy/angga is much better than ullin/berry in my opinion

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meski berada di luar pelatnas, pasangan juara dunia 2007 ini tetap bersedia membela tim nasional, termasuk jika dipanggil ke tim Piala Thomas yang harus menjalani babak kualifikasi Asia di Thailand, Februari 2010.
    ”Kami siap membantu tim nasional karena masih ada impian kami yang belum tercapai. Kami ingin merasakan merebut Piala Thomas, juga medali emas Asian Games. Kami juga mengincar juara All England,” katanya.

These words should re-assure us. They still have the desire to win the Thomas Cup, All-England, and Asian Games Gold Medal. The remaining major trophies that they have yet to win.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    honestly
    rendy/angga is much better than ullin/berry in my opinion
    Well, Ulin/Berry has always been a permanent pairing and in IMHO they have proven their worth, esp in WJC where they lost the final match in such a dramatic fashion They also won the Dutch & German Juniors, Auckland IS, Laos IC, also won at least one Sirnas titles, competing in the Open category.

As for Rendy/Angga, the only 2 tourneys that they were paired up for were AJC (which they won) and WJC (SF). Angga was paired with Ryan Agung Saputra while Rendy was paired with Mohd Rizky Delynugraha for the Sirnas tourneys. Unfortunately, both pairs have yet to win any titles.

No doubt, these 4 players are the best junior doubles players we have at the moment. Angga also tend to play well in mixed, winning another Silver at the WJC.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Well, Ulin/Berry has always been a permanent pairing and in IMHO they have proven their worth, esp in WJC where they lost the final match in such a dramatic fashion They also won the Dutch & German Juniors, Auckland IS, Laos IC, also won at least one Sirnas titles, competing in the Open category.

As for Rendy/Angga, the only 2 tourneys that they were paired up for were AJC (which they won) and WJC (SF). Angga was paired with Ryan Agung Saputra while Rendy was paired with Mohd Rizky Delynugraha for the Sirnas tourneys. Unfortunately, both pairs have yet to win any titles.

No doubt, these 4 players are the best junior doubles players we have at the moment. Angga also tend to play well in mixed, winning another Silver at the WJC.
    well
    i have watched both pair in both ajc and wjc
    atleast at this moment,i believe rendy/angga is better
    let see how they fare in future
    sorry for off topic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully hendra will stay and play with another partner.IMO,chandra and hendra will do well.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast