Morten Frost Hansen vs. Peter Gade

Discussion in 'Denmark Professional Players' started by Raymond Wong, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Raymond Wong

Raymond Wong Regular Member

I work for RSL
    Merry Christmas from Canada!

Just wondering, for you oldies (joking :D) who know much more about Frost Hansen than I do, could you please share some light on how he would compare to Peter Gade or vice versa?

Thanks;
    Raymond

2. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    In brief, Frost plays the typical patient Danish rally style game, with an economical footwork and energy management. He hardly moves explosively on court, yet could still can be lethal. Has an excellent defence for players in his day, perhaps just a touch below the "diving defenders" Foo Koo Keong and Ardy Wiranata.

Gade, however, plays more of a Asian styled power and pace game, but with better footwork than practically all Asian players. Before Gade, only the late Svend Pri played almost similarly, but Pri was kinda short of staying power.

3. Raymond Wong

Raymond Wong Regular Member

I work for RSL
    umm... staying power?

4. vatovey

vatovey Regular Member

IT Technician / Badminton Stringer
    i think he means Sven Pri wasn't fit enough to play full out for a full 3 setter.

5. red00ecstrat

red00ecstrat Regular Member

(Full Time) Coolie. (Part Time) Photojournalist.
    Not sure if that was the style in that period. I remember Han Jian of China had done the same thing!

6. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    staying power, correct!

frost is a legend, a player whom all of you should admire for his staying power.

in his days actually he was like lcw, most of the time world number 1 but occasionally lost to a few players. he rallies a lot and any top player at that time would have a hard time beating him!

his greatest achievement was entering the indonesian final because at that time indonesian players were on top and the chinese was just catching up. forgot the year but i think he broke his own record when he entered final but lost to luan jin from china! think first time indonesian open no indon players!

to compare him with gade, frost is more consistent rally but still deadly player and gade as abdeng pointed out plays an asian styled power and pace game.

7. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Both have been able to stay at the very top of the professional circuit for a very very long time in comparison to many asian players.