suggest me a racquet

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by zobekenobe, Dec 23, 2009.

1. zobekenobe

zobekenobe Regular Member

student
    i have a choice between the MP2 and carbonex 6000......its a low budget hunt...which is better ....im at an intermediate level.

2. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    this does not sound like a "suggest me a racket" thread...you need to tell us more before we can suggest ANYTHING. Also, its pretty hard for us to tell you which is better as it comes down to personal preference as well.

3. zobekenobe

student
    fine recommend me a racket pls.....now i guess it fits.....both have a stiff shaft...have the same weight and material of construction....so cudnt find much of any differances between the 2 except for the MP2 has an isometric design and the carbonex doesnt.
    i want a racket with which i can smash or atleast hit long.i mostly play on the baseline.
    i pretty new to racket selection and have only viewed stuff over the net....so thats my experience...otherwise i play with a regular silvers ; terminator series racket.

4. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    so i am guessing you play doubles but any racket can smash and hit long...and also, if budget is an issue, maybe you should look away from Yonex for good rackets at a more budget friendly price.

5. zobekenobe

student
    hey thanks.....i bought a MP8...its costed me only $20....wat i had heard was that greater the stiffness of the shaft better it is for a smash..secondly for a smash the tension in the strings is much more....pls correct me if im wrong....this is all my internet study...

6. roy b

roy b Regular Member

O.K. I'm correcting you :).

It really depends on your swing. It's a little complicated but I'll try to explain.

If you are a wrist type player, a greater tension will make you smash WEAKER because you do not have the power to move the tight strings back when contacting the shuttle. A lower tension allows you to move the strings which then fire the shuttle. So, you need a lower tension.

If you are a more powerful player, who swings with the whole arm, then a greater tension will IMPROVE your smash as you can move the tight strings back when contacting the shuttle. The strings will then spring forward with great force and fire the shuttle with a lot of power. So, you need a high tension.

For yourself, as a beginner/intermediate, you will probably not have the power or technique to justify high tensions - they will actually be HARMFUL for your game. Please stick to around 22 lbs tension. As you improve and your swing becomes more powerful, you may want to experiment with higher tensions. But remember, the higher the tension doesn't always mean the better the player - excellent players sometimes use low (<25) tensions.

7. zobekenobe

student
    hey thanks alot...really helps