User Tag List

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi to all

I must agree with Mark second time.
    Michal's supports are way better compared to standart K-type supports from eagnas/pro's pro. Yea, I must say that to avoid the up/down movement of the side supports you must place them to the "working" position and adjust the nylon nuts with a 19 mm wrench. It can possible cause the non-returning of the shoulder supports to the starring position, but will definitely eliminate up/down movement of the side supports.
    Michal's support will definitely make stringing very comfortable because there is no protruding parts. No marks on the frame - there are more contact points :-)
    My advice will be not to try move any of the small parts of the system - if racket is too low - then move up the stringing table (use washers and longer bolts - tested :-)), if racket is too low - then move the puller up.
    When using Machal's suppors you must forget about the racket frame height - because there is no such thing anymore. You must realise that so called "floor" changes everytime depending of the racket frame's width everytime.

So order the brand new supports from Michal, use them and enjoy. Before enjoying - make sure you are prepared :-).

Regards and Happy New Year,

Valentinas
    Last edited by Valentinas; 12-31-2010 at 06:57 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all, I've been following this thread and found it quite interesting. I string tennis rackets and occationally a badminton racket once in a while. I'd like to know if someone thought of using a plastic like Delrin (polyoxymethylene) to make the side support mounts? Delrin can be CNC'd or moulded into the shape required.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone, I recently strung a racquet using a 6-point machine that was given to me and I found problems with getting the clamps close enough. This machine "Klip Pro G" only had tennis supports. You people gave me the idea to add badminton supports to the existing posts. Since I did not have the right materials on hand, I used some 3mm thick aluminium, two pieces bolted together and milled out a shape to suit the radius of the newer racquets with some clearance. This was just a conceptual test to see if it would be ok - I only made two because I had to fight my milling machine, the mills were coming loose. Here are some pics.Name:  DSC00135.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  62.0 KB
    Name:  DSC00139.jpg
Views: 1080
Size:  46.9 KB
    Basically, from conception and measurement to make a prototype - less than a day. Design #2 was to refine the contact shape to add a smaller radius for the older racquets. Design #3 would be to make a replacement support, so I can swap out the tennis and put in the badminton and make this out of either aluminium, polycarbonate (lexan = clear bulletproof) or acetal/delrin - except that I don't have the material. If I continue and make later prototypes out of aluminium, I would dip the tips into a rubber compound to make them softer. Anyway, I wanted to thank you people for doing a lot of the thinking and for giving me this idea.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That machine looks like an older Gamma/Toalson. I think these shoulder adapters might work.
    Name:  MBMSP_large.jpg
Views: 978
Size:  6.4 KB
    It may not be custom made, but might be less expensive.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes - it is a very good likeness isn't it. This one is made under license to Klip in Australia and is similar to the Klip Gravity. However, the fixed clamps and base looks very much like the Gamma Progression II like in this link http://www.photostringer.com/gamma_p...i_602fc_01.htm which gives me another idea, because I wanted to get the Wise 2086 tension head too, and this machine has one fitted.

Actually on the cost, I have a garage full of metalworking equipment, so if I don't find a use for it, my wife might decide that it is rubbish and try to get rid of it. Now, all I need to do right now is to buy some material so that I can put this equipment to some use.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It should be easy fitting a Wise 2086 Pro on that, all you need is the DW adaptor. You can probably make one, but screw holes are angled slightly on the bottom of the Wise 2086 Pro.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CovinaStringer View Post
    It should be easy fitting a Wise 2086 Pro on that, all you need is the DW adaptor. You can probably make one, but screw holes are angled slightly on the bottom of the Wise 2086 Pro.
    Ok, let me fix up my badminton supports first, then see if I get enough stringing business to justify the Wise.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's anything like Tennis stringing, 50 string jobs and it's paid for.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's anything like Tennis stringing, 50 string jobs and it's paid for.
    Yes, the last time I strung a tennis racquet was a couple of months ago when my son broke a string. I stopped doing stringing for a long time when I started travelling through APJ in the past 14 years, but now since that has stopped and I am looking for a job, I will be getting back into stringing. So far, had one customer last week - need to canvas a few clubs and see if I can pick up more business, otherwise I will need to start advertising. Maybe even get certified too! Not much of that in Australia though, but I know some stringers are certified with USRSA so maybe that is what I will look at.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm certified, but the test is somewhat lacking in terms of proof of proficiency. IMHO it's a waste of money, but being a USRSA member does have some benefits. There is one USRSA MRT certified stringer in Melbourne. I think he's the only one certified to give the exam. The written test is more on marketing and racquet technology, than actual stringing. The only difference between an MRT and CRT is the MRT test has more questions. MRT cert is only good for a year, and then you have re-test every year (and pay again), if not you get downgraded to CRT which is practically Lifetime, as long as you are a member of the USRSA. I know quite a few stringer that are not certified, that string at many Pro and semi-Pro events. Then again, I know some certified stringers that can't string to save their lives.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I was thinking of just the Certified Stringer qualification. I am unlikely to do a lot of tennis although that could change, and most likely not doing customizations. I do know a couple of MRT's here in Sydney - maybe I will go and have a chat to them next week and see what develops.

Thanks Covina,
    -John

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The test is based on Tennis, because that's a majority of what is sold. Though they don't cover a lot of Badminton, Racquetball and Squash, other than print the string patterns. The test is pretty much basics of stringing but not a complete proficiency of all type of racquets and string patterns. In fact you choose the racquet you want to be tested on, kinda bit cheating if ask me. I used a Prince POG 14x18 racquet for my test, because you are also timed, I chose the easiest racquet to string. You also have to string a 2 piece pattern with Natural Gut crosses, after changing the grommets (which you provide) and build up the grip with a sleeve then wrap a new grip.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I just wanted to provide an update on my add-on clamps. Here is a more or less final prototype for my Klip machine. I found out that my mills are slipping in the collets because the collets are a bit big - i.e. a 12mm mill in a collet that takes 12-13mm means that it is gripping at the smallest which is apparently not very good, so I will get collets that are 11-12mm instead.

Name:  DSC00164.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  45.9 KB

The grid is 1cm each to give a size comparison. The white stuff is Tool Magic, a poisonous carcinogenic substance that puts a rubber coating onto any metal like my aluminium. This is two coatings - dip it in and remove it and let it dry, did this twice. I have already strung two racquets with these supports and the gripping area still looks fine. My impression is that I should replace my existing supports would provide better clearance for getting strings into and out of grommets. Anyway, this is working for the moment, as I had to remove them to string a tennis racquet today, then I will go back to badminton.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

can you post a pic of them mounted on a machine/racket?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen that stuff also, here in the US it's called Liquid Tape.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    can you post a pic of them mounted on a machine/racket?
    Kwun, post #139 above shows one of them mounted on a post - without the white rubber stuff, and just for testing. I already removed them to do a tennis racquet. It takes a couple of minutes to remove and set up for tennis. I will take another photo when I set up for badminton next time.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen that stuff also, here in the US it's called Liquid Tape.
    This is from the US.

Name:  DSC00168.jpg
Views: 836
Size:  62.7 KB

Name:  DSC00167.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  75.2 KB
    Read the warnings...

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast