User Tag List

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
Results 307 to 323 of 447
  1. #307
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,915
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    kwun, if you can email me a dimensioned drawing or photo (even a hand-drawn sketch would do), I can reproduce the original and do some mock-ups of the proposed mod.

    I'd rather not go into the guts of my WISE if I can possibly avoid it - I just took the cover off and I don't fancy messing with anything I found underneath...
    no update on the drawing and dimension. but here is a link with pics of the inside of the WISE, despite a broken one.

    http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=401525&page=2

    I am curious how you managed to open yours. Pete tried doing that and claimed that there is a sensor that detects the opening and bricked the WISE. he had to send it back to be "recalibrated"

  2. #308
    Regular Member maa2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kemaman, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,765
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    no update on the drawing and dimension. but here is a link with pics of the inside of the WISE, despite a broken one.
    http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=401525&page=2
    I am curious how you managed to open yours. Pete tried doing that and claimed that there is a sensor that detects the opening and bricked the WISE. he had to send it back to be "recalibrated"
    I ever repaired someone's Wise2086 around 2010 (I was the Wise2086 agent that time for Malaysia), it is very easy to open and also to recalibrate it, but it needs a computer software to do a calibration.
    it is not a complicated machine, but it is a well engineered machine ....
    most important is the load-cell which is located at gripper bottom-part.

  3. #309
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,915
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maa2003 View Post
    I ever repaired someone's Wise2086 around 2010 (I was the Wise2086 agent that time for Malaysia), it is very easy to open and also to recalibrate it, but it needs a computer software to do a calibration.
    it is not a complicated machine, but it is a well engineered machine ....
    most important is the load-cell which is located at gripper bottom-part.
    so is it true that once it is opened, it is detected and need to be sent in to be recalibrated?

  4. #310
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,095
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    I am curious how you managed to open yours. Pete tried doing that and claimed that there is a sensor that detects the opening and bricked the WISE. he had to send it back to be "recalibrated"
    Mine is an ex-demo, so it has almost certainly been opened before; had I known there was a break-in sensor I wouldn't have bothered. Seems excessive, IMO - if something falls into the machine through the puller slot, RTB is a bit drastic!

  5. #311
    Regular Member maa2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kemaman, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,765
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    so is it true that once it is opened, it is detected and need to be sent in to be recalibrated?
    i have no idea on this, coz the machine that I open was broken already, so need to open for replace the internal parts and to recalibrated it ...

  6. #312
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    211
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    so is it true that once it is opened, it is detected and need to be sent in to be recalibrated?
    I think the machine do has a sensor system to detect opening. I did open my because of my curiosity of how the machine been constructed. Then error code show up. I forgot what number was the error code. To fix that just leave the tension head in the middle.

  7. #313
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,915
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    no update on the drawing and dimension. but here is a link with pics of the inside of the WISE, despite a broken one.

    http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=401525&page=2

    I am curious how you managed to open yours. Pete tried doing that and claimed that there is a sensor that detects the opening and bricked the WISE. he had to send it back to be "recalibrated"
    we have a problem.

    look at this pic:



    attached to the gripper post is a thin ribbon cable and then what appears to be a strain gauge. and that's where the WISE gets the tension reading from.

    which means that we have to keep that body unless we want to deal with how to get that strain gauge work with our new part.

    back to the drawing board, it seems.

  8. #314
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,095
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    we have a problem.

    look at this pic:



    attached to the gripper post is a thin ribbon cable and then what appears to be a strain gauge. and that's where the WISE gets the tension reading from.

    which means that we have to keep that body unless we want to deal with how to get that strain gauge work with our new part.

    back to the drawing board, it seems.
    My "fork" idea is back in play, then?

  9. #315
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,915
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    My "fork" idea is back in play, then?
    i was thinking something even more simple. as i am planning to get a 12" long Al bar anyway and there will be extra material. so just patch at piece at the back. pretty much a fork, but only one finger fork. the bar will be 1/2" thick so it will be way more than enough strength to even do tennis stringing.

  10. #316
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,915
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    i was thinking something even more simple. as i am planning to get a 12" long Al bar anyway and there will be extra material. so just patch at piece at the back. pretty much a fork, but only one finger fork. the bar will be 1/2" thick so it will be way more than enough strength to even do tennis stringing.
    i am going to put this little project/idea on hold. on my new Gamma, where this was to be used in, the amount that is needed to move the gripper is merely 3 inches at most and that doesn't really justify building this part anymore. there are other things that can be improved on instead.

  11. #317
    Regular Member Michal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Update: green version available.

    Name:  green1.JPG
Views: 1962
Size:  104.7 KB

    Name:  green2.JPG
Views: 1929
Size:  126.1 KB

  12. #318
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Michal,
    pretty nice work!
    But a short question. Can you clean up your inbox please, I tried to contact you because I very interested in your side support.
    Or you send me your E-Mail adress so i can contact you.

  13. #319
    Regular Member Michal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    One set (yellow, PsP, increased-WISE2086) is located in Vancouver, Canada. Faster delivery for the people from North America.
    I sent this increased set. However the normal version will be better. So I will send again to Kwong-Vancouver a package. This time the correct one.
    Some real picture:
    Name:  2012-05-16.jpg
Views: 1404
Size:  95.0 KB

  14. #320
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    898
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Does anyone else with Chudek's supports have to lock their turntable a couple times to prevent the string from rubbing against the edges of the support when pulling tension ?

  15. #321
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Please, someone could tell me who sells (nylon) load spreaders (like those in posts #122 or #217) to attach in both mounting posts of my Eagnas Combo 710 stringing machine? I could not find any in the Eagnas Internet site. I verified that my original mounting posts are causing some damages (dents, cracks) to my badminton rackets, especially in their head top.
    They could be custom-made or industrialized load spreaders as well.
    Thank you.

  16. #322
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Germany / Karlsruhe
    Posts
    147
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you can by the load spreaders here http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop...Path=25_62_156

    I verified that my original mounting posts are causing some damages (dents, cracks) to my badminton rackets, especially in their head top.
    its good to have load spreaders, but without them the racket should be not damaged too... maybe wrong (to hard?) mounting of the racket?!

  17. #323
    Regular Member johnlowe88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    174
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    Does anyone else with Chudek's supports have to lock their turntable a couple times to prevent the string from rubbing against the edges of the support when pulling tension ?
    Hi, I don't use his supports but I made my own some time ago. I found very early that all edges needed to be rounded to prevent cutting or damaging the string when pulling. I rounded, then cut a slot so that the string can come out of the grommet and rest on the side of the supports touching only a smooth surface.

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Home made stringing machine
    By Michal in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 30
    : 03-30-2014, 02:17 AM
  2. WTB: Wanted - metal machinist for a custom stringing machine part :)
    By Mark A in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 12-21-2011, 03:49 PM
  3. home made stringing machine
    By sadlonelylad in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 2
    : 11-13-2011, 09:02 PM
  4. Custom Design Stringing Machine from Eagnas
    By Pete LSD in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 52
    : 04-19-2007, 04:04 PM
  5. Babolat electronic machine - parts required
    By vatovey in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 1
    : 01-10-2007, 01:22 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •