What tension for BG80 on my AT900-T ?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Speed#1, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Speed#1

Speed#1 Regular Member

Student
    Hi all, i have been using BG66 on my AT900-T for a few months now. I have decided to change it to BG80 instead due to BG66's poor durability..

I always string my BG66 @ 25lbs and i love it. But now, how high should i string on my BG80 to get the same feeling and touch as my BG66 ? Since BG80 has a "Hard Feeling". I am looking for tremendous power, control and a solid feeling.

2. druss

druss Regular Member

As the BG80 is a bit thicker, for as close to the same feeling as possible I'd go up a pound or two in tension.

3. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    I'm a stringer, so I've the option to experiment inexpensively with my favorite string, BG80. I've strung my A900P from 23 to 30 #s, and found my ideal tension at 26/28#s. I, also, have found that I need to restring every 25-30 hours of playing(if it hasn't snapped yet), to maintain that ideal tension. I'm a hard hitter, and at 26/28 #s, I've the control and the power.

Yesterday, I switched to BG85 and after 2.5 hours of playing...I like it better...same "parp" during smashes, but better net plays and control. Now I just have to see how long can the tension stay ideal, or how long before breaking.