What kind of Racket do you use?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Gojin Kai, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Gojin Kai

Gojin Kai Regular Member

None
    Share with me which racket you use, and if you can, explain why you chose the Racket ;D

Mine is The Carlton Vapour Trail Elite (89g). I use it because of the power my friend had with his ;O
    Also it's shiny c: Main reason though, is because Carlton is an English company, and I overflow with English pride (I hate tea AND crumpets >:C)

Now you ;3

2. smax5001

smax5001 Regular Member

Student
    Hello,

I also don't like bitter or tasteless tea because it defeats many purposes of having a tongue(including Crumpets). And in fact there are many other healthier and far better tasteful drinks/snacks. But, in terms of Badminton - I use Karakal M-tec 70 at 28 lbs string BG 68 Ti (as of now). Although I prefer BG 85 because it is better all around. Once my 68 Ti snaps I'll try Nano 98. I striped all the grip until it reached just wood and then griped it with the thinnest I could find which would be GAMMA (black) overgrip only. I like my karakal racket due to its super light weight(70g) which is something I can max out my wrist snap & strength due to my 120 lbs of weight. Since I am 5'6'', the grip I use matches the proportion of my hand. The quality of the racket so far is really good, I always jump smash drive drop cross court play backhand and do circus shots that do make it over the net (some are awful but gets the job done) I have only chiped the racket so far and it still looks good. Of course any expensive racket that collides another will break. And it took a month til my BG 85 string to snap @ 28 lbs.
    Hope thats helpful,
    Merry Christmas :)

3. cayzi

cayzi Regular Member

Did you tried Carlton VTT? how does it compare to Elite?