User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woah... I just looked up if stringing at higher tensions (assuming you have the strength) would give you more power but I ended up reading an intense argument

Soooooo..... can I sum up this thread by saying IF you have the strength, stringing higher will give you MORE power? (or am I also wrong?)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in my opinion , why professional players can string up to 30 to 32 tension , because the way of hitting the shutters and the feeling must be there, if the tension of 30 and above be there too. Professional players . they do conditioning like going to the gym do weight training on their wraist, shoulders and legs, to strengthen themselves, so playing of high tensions no problem to them ..

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yerrorice View Post
    Woah... I just looked up if stringing at higher tensions (assuming you have the strength) would give you more power but I ended up reading an intense argument Soooooo..... can I sum up this thread by saying IF you have the strength, stringing higher will give you MORE power? (or am I also wrong?)
    it's all about matching the stringbed rebound speed with your racket speed... it's that simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In general, professional player trains everyday. So, their arms are much stronger than average players. This warrants them to go for higher tension and gives them the ability to last throughout the match.

For those who don't train regularly, you will be a laughing stock for using high tension. After 1 game, your arm may be deemed useless. I wonder how many consequtive back hand you can do with high tension? Skill matters too. It is more of an ego thingy to go for high tension.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a conspiracy.

BWF told all pros to go high tension, thus we mimic them and break our string faster, so we pay for more stringing. (More money for badminton in general)

/sarcasm

Now that the jokes out of the way.

Do not, I repeat, do not go high tension just because of your ego.

I go 24lbs max(eager to go 25 soon), and most people that I know are on 27 and above.

I found it especially humorous when a player weaker than me told "You should go up a few pounds, you should be good enough to handle it, since I handle those easily."

I can't help but think "Why the hell you get such a high tension in the first place?"

It's all ego. Just stick to the number that suits you.

Just because pro's use Z-force, doesn't mean Z-force is the best racket. (From experience, I take my MP22, a cheap racket over it any day)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the pro's have to use high tension otherwise the shuttle will easily went out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed totally.....it's the crux.
    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    it's all about matching the stringbed rebound speed with your racket speed... it's that simple.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ghoster4u View Post
    err, what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Professionals use high tension and thin strings (0.66mm) because it gives them better accuracy. Power comes naturally to them. Their wrists are well trained while techniques and court strategies are miles apart from us.

For me, i would have stringed to 30lb if i have the money. Since i broke my precious armortec700 at the stringers, i am more cautious with the string tension. Now, i only string max 26x25lb bg66 on both sw35 and volt80. The challenge to master 30lbs it is too tempting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ghoster4u View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amleto View Post
    err, what?
    imagine hulk-strength player like FuHaiFeng or Ko-sunghyun using 0.66 string @ 22 lbs.. and they're clear / lob with their full power.. probably reach the service judge
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverWalkAlone View Post
    Professionals use high tension and thin strings (0.66mm) because it gives them better accuracy. Power comes naturally to them. Their wrists are well trained while techniques and court strategies are miles apart from us.

For me, i would have stringed to 30lb if i have the money. Since i broke my precious armortec700 at the stringers, i am more cautious with the string tension. Now, i only string max 26x25lb bg66 on both sw35 and volt80. The challenge to master 30lbs it is too tempting.
    Could be right and safe. But for me, not stringing highend racket with high tension is defeating the purpose of enjoying a glorious moment and sensation that I look for before buying them (apart from personal tension choice)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    agree. if you can swing strong and hard, then the faster high tension string will match your speed, and produce the best synergy between you and the string, resulting in the shuttle repelling at very high speed.

if you cannot string fast like many of us amateurs, then a high tension stringbed will akin to a wooden board, you are not able to stretch the strings and the shuttle will no rebound well.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    agree. if you can swing strong and hard, then the faster high tension string will match your speed, and produce the best synergy between you and the string, resulting in the shuttle repelling at very high speed.
    It's the same story with shaft stiffness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woah... I just looked up if stringing at higher tensions (assuming you have the strength) would give you more power but I ended up reading an intense argument

Soooooo..... can I sum up this thread by saying IF you have the strength, stringing higher will give you MORE power? (or am I also wrong?)
    When you sum you miss some points. For instance it have been stated that it is also about control. When playing at the net, power might not be the issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soooooo..... can I sum up this thread by saying IF you have the strength & technique to generate high racquet head speed, stringing higher will give you MORE power? (or am I also wrong?)
    My edit in bold.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5