User Tag List

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 69 to 85 of 159
  1. #69
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    home
    Posts
    278
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Post #60 says:

    So we are talking about trolls?

    IMHO, if one feeds the trolls, the trolls become happier, not angrier. We might disagree on this.
    .
    uhm...are you tweaking my brain? don't, please.

  2. #70
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    OK... Please repeat the 2nd and the 3rd questions. Or perhaps, one question at a time.
    Sometimes when so many issues are raised, we can become disoriented.
    .
    read post number 52 again in this thread
    and read the post that i mention
    are my post consider as :'As such the above reply to OTB is to put it mildly, not suitable and bordering on being personal' like what pemuda say?
    i do hope others bcer, or even better,mod or kwun to define this
    are asking question to any bcer in this forum is consider 'As is to put it mildly, not suitable and bordering on being personal'

  3. #71
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,817
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow So, the questions are located at Post #52

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post

    read post number 52 again in this thread
    and read the post that i mention
    are my post consider as :'As such the above reply to OTB is to put it mildly, not suitable and bordering on being personal' like what pemuda say?
    i do hope others bcer, or even better,mod or kwun to define this
    are asking question to any bcer in this forum is consider 'As is to put it mildly, not suitable and bordering on being personal'

    .
    OK... So, the questions are located at Post #52.

    Currently, a Badminton session is awaiting for me to attend.
    Will look at those questions later.

    Meanwhile, perhaps our BCers can comment/answer on those 2 questions.

    BTW, any comments/answers are just our opinions.
    No one here can say "I am right, you are wrong".
    .

  4. #72
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    BTW, any comments/answers are just our opinions.
    No one here can say "I am right, you are wrong".
    .
    yes
    thats why i want mod/kwun to define this
    i want to avoid such a problem in future
    because i don know everything about badminton
    thats why i ask like:
    how old will be the top 4 md pair in 2010?
    or
    what is the squad of ina in ajc/wjc+olympic youth 2010?
    i didnt face any problem before when asking question
    and i dont know if asking question is a problem until that post
    is that the
    U
    in that sentence cause the problem?

  5. #73
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default What kind of definition are you looking for???..

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    ...
    i do hope others bcer, or even better,mod or kwun to define this
    ...
    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    yes
    thats why i want mod/kwun to define this
    i want to avoid such a problem in future
    ...
    ..what kind of definition are you looking for from kwun/mods??
    a. serious definition
    b. funny/LOL/ROFL definition
    c. puzzling definition
    d. sarcastic definition
    e. Merriam-Webster.com definition
    f. all of the above (oh, wait, is that even possible???)..

  6. #74
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..what kind of definition are you looking for from kwun/mods??
    a. serious definition
    b. funny/LOL/ROFL definition
    c. puzzling definition
    d. sarcastic definition
    e. Merriam-Webster.com definition
    f. all of the above (oh, wait, is that even possible???)..
    a define that will help me get out of trouble next time
    if mod/kwun say,yes,asking question to others member will put it mildly, not suitable and bordering on being personal
    then i wont ask any question in this entire forum again(even like,anyone have xyz tournament software link)
    if kwun/mod say,no,its ok to ask
    then i continue to ask.
    i am seriously asking this and hope for the answer from kwun/mod
    because i had asked hundreds(if not thousands) of question in this forum
    if there is any problem,then i am the source of problem
    oh ya,does anyone face this kind of problem when asking a question like:
    to limsy
    do u know why xyz withdrawed from efg tournament?

  7. #75
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,966
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And the talking still goes on!

  8. #76
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,817
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Regarding Post #52

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post

    read post number 52 again in this thread
    and read the post that i mention
    are my post consider as :'As such the above reply to OTB is to put it mildly, not suitable and bordering on being personal' like what pemuda say?
    i do hope others bcer, or even better,mod or kwun to define this
    are asking question to any bcer in this forum is consider 'As is to put it mildly, not suitable and bordering on being personal'

    .
    Below is Post #52;
    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post

    any comment on post number 45?
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...t=51417&page=3
    1. we cant use i,you when posting?
    2. we cannot ask question to any member in this forum?
    3. is asking question = disagree?

    hope all member that involve in the discussion in this thread help me
    thanks
    i wont ask any question again or using i/you if this is proven negatif

    OK, let's look at one question at a time.

    Qu.1. we cant use i,you when posting?
    Answer 1. Of course we can use 'I' and 'You" when posting. But try to use it less, so that we talk about the topic, and not about ourselves. Let's look at this example below.

    (a) If Mr.A says to Mr.B; "Lin Dan is a good player". Here, Mr.A wants to talk about Lin Dan. It's all about Lin Dan.

    (b) If Mr.A says to Mr.B; "Do you agree with me that Lin Dan is a good player?". Here, Mr.A wants to find out what Mr.B thinks about Lin Dan. It's not about Lin Dan anymore. It's now about Mr.B's thoughts.

    Qu.2. we cannot ask question to any member in this forum?
    Answer 2. Of course we can ask question to any member in this forum. Don't see why we are not allowed to ask questions.

    Qu.3. is asking question = disagree?
    Answer 3. No. Asking a question does not mean that we disagree. Don't see why by asking a question, we are expressing disagreement.
    .
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 01-03-2010 at 07:16 AM.

  9. #77
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    thanks chris
    so,will my 'reply to OTB is to put it mildly, not suitable and bordering on being personal'?

  10. #78
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,817
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Is my post/comment having anything to do with the title of the thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post

    thanks chris
    so,will my 'reply to OTB is to put it mildly, not suitable and bordering on being personal'?

    .
    BCers here are always expressing our own opinions. There is nothing wrong with that. We are free to give our opinions.

    However, before we submit our posts, we need to check:
    Is my post/comment having anything to do with the title of the thread?

    Examples:
    In an equipment thread, BCers should be talking about equipment.
    In a coaching thread, BCers should be talking about techniques/training/tactics.
    In a injuries thread, BCers should be talking about injuries.
    In a Lin Dan thread, BCers should be talking about Lin Dan.

    We get disorientated if we don't check what thread we are in.
    Just look at some Lee Chong Wei threads. BCers are often talking about Lin Dan there. It seems that the thread is no longer about LCW, but about LD.

    Also look at this thread:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=79488

    It started with "i give a yell, and most of the time, it goes in, the last last last game i played, the guy i was playing with says i was cheating because it *distracted* him".

    Somehow, that thread has become a discussion of 'ALL' yelling/shouting.
    * Yelling - to add more power into a shot
    * Yelling - to communicate with partners in a game of Doubles
    * Yelling - when under tremendous stress to reach the shuttlecock
    * Yelling - when in agony or pain
    * etc, etc, ...
    .

  11. #79
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    4,010
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Also look at this thread:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=79488

    It started with "i give a yell, and most of the time, it goes in, the last last last game i played, the guy i was playing with says i was cheating because it *distracted* him".

    Somehow, that thread has become a discussion of 'ALL' yelling/shouting.
    * Yelling - to add more power into a shot
    * Yelling - to communicate with partners in a game of Doubles
    * Yelling - when under tremendous stress to reach the shuttlecock
    * Yelling - when in agony or pain
    * etc, etc, ....

    This is getting silly. Am I the only one who finds this constant proselytising tiresome? "Play nice, children, and whatever you do, be sure never to wander off topic."

    As it happens, in that thread, the so-called "off topic" discussion actually turned out to be precisely on-topic, as the original poster clarified.

    It's perfectly natural for a thread to change course. What starts as a specific question will often expand into a more general discussion. The general discussion is usually more interesting and educational than the specific query.

    These are, after all, discussion boards. Nobody condones rampant personal attacks, but that good sentiment does not excuse bossing people around in the name of peacekeeping.

    Tolerance is a two-way street, you know.
    Last edited by Gollum; 01-04-2010 at 04:52 AM.

  12. #80
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
    This is getting silly. Am I the only one who finds this constant proselytising tiresome? "Play nice, children, and whatever you do, be sure never to wander off topic."

    As it happens, in that thread, the so-called "off topic" discussion actually turned out to be precisely on-topic, as the original poster clarified.

    It's perfectly natural for a thread to change course. What starts as a specific question will often expand into a more general discussion. The general discussion is usually more interesting and educational than the specific query.

    These are, after all, discussion boards. Nobody condones rampant personal attacks, but that good sentiment does not excuse bossing people around in the name of peacekeeping.

    Tolerance is a two-way street, you know.
    Seconded. I think some common sense should prevail

  13. #81
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,817
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow If not talking on-topic, then start your own topic

    Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post

    This is getting silly. Am I the only one who finds this constant proselytising tiresome? "Play nice, children, and whatever you do, be sure never to wander off topic."

    As it happens, in that thread, the so-called "off topic" discussion actually turned out to be precisely on-topic, as the original poster clarified.

    It's perfectly natural for a thread to change course. What starts as a specific question will often expand into a more general discussion. The general discussion is usually more interesting and educational than the specific query.

    These are, after all, discussion boards. Nobody condones rampant personal attacks, but that good sentiment does not excuse bossing people around in the name of peacekeeping.

    Tolerance is a two-way street, you know.

    .
    Disagree.

    Let's digress a bit more;
    If a BCer who wants to talk about a Malaysian player (by starting a particular Malaysian player's thread), but later finds that BCers are starting to talk more about other players (in his/her thread), surely we can suggest to them that they are in the wrong thread.

    If not talking on-topic, then start your own topic. Why change the the specific topic?

    This is just my opinion.
    .
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 01-04-2010 at 05:15 AM.

  14. #82
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,817
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Recently some BCers want to comment on what Singapore cannot do

    .
    Currently, our regular BCer, Loh, is disappointed with some responses in his thread:
    Singapore Also Can

    Recently some BCers want to comment on what Singapore cannot do.

    IMHO, why disturb Loh's thread. Why not start your on thread to talk about what Singapore cannot do?
    .

  15. #83
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,817
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Is grunting, yelling and screaming during play considered not good for Badminton?.

    .
    And I have created a new thread for this topic:
    Is grunting, yelling and screaming during play considered not good for Badminton?

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=79553
    .

  16. #84
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    4,010
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    If not talking on-topic, then start your own topic. Why change the the specific topic?
    It's a matter of how you organise information, and inevitably this requires judgement. A little common sense goes a long way.

    At one extreme, we allow any discussion in any thread. Taken to its logical conclusion, we might as well have one giant mega-thread containing 1.3 million posts.

    At the other extreme, we take a "topic-Nazi" approach. Taken to its logical conclusion, we should only allow "singleton" threads of one post. Then no one can ever go off-topic.

    Clearly, both of these are stupid ways to organise information. Instead, we take a pragmatic approach which disallows blatant topic-hijacking, while remaining tolerant of topics expanding during the course of a discussion.

    That's how conversation works.
    Last edited by Gollum; 01-04-2010 at 06:27 AM.

  17. #85
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,817
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow It's nothing personal. Hope to read your comments in this thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post

    It's a matter of how you organise information, and inevitably this requires judgement. A little common sense goes a long way.

    At one extreme, we allow any discussion in any thread. Taken to its logical conclusion, we might as well have one giant mega-thread containing 1.3 million posts.

    At the other extreme, we take a "topic-Nazi" approach. Taken to its logical conclusion, we should only allow "singleton" threads of one post. Then no one can ever go off-topic.

    Clearly, both of these are stupid ways to organise information. Instead, we take a pragmatic approach which disallows blatant topic-hijacking, while remaining tolerant of topics expanding during the course of a discussion.

    That's how conversation works.

    .
    It's nothing personal. Hope to read your comments in this thread;
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=79553
    .

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Racket abuse warning?
    By Jason123 in forum Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating
    Replies: 33
    : 07-22-2012, 03:06 PM
  2. Chinese court mopping abuse
    By GoDLee in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 7
    : 10-27-2010, 10:10 AM
  3. Abuse and Cheats
    By Matt Ross in forum General Forum
    Replies: 54
    : 12-10-2007, 04:03 PM
  4. video - LiYongBo abuse Jap 's umpire
    By mikemike in forum World Championships 2006
    Replies: 115
    : 10-02-2006, 01:06 PM
  5. New to badmintoncentral
    By Robert in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 2
    : 05-08-2001, 11:13 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •