Sintec Enviro Star series

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by -Silver-, Dec 29, 2009.

1. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    As the title says, anybody had tried this series? IMO, they are quite well build and use lesser paint on the racket (To promote environment friendly?). Best if someone has tried the racket and give a review on it (Kinda interested).

Btw, Sintec has also launch the ArcSaber Z-slash clone as well, called S-Thunder. Solid build as well.

2. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    Well, out of curiosity i bought Enviro Star 9000 to try out.

Model:Enviro Star 9000
    String: BG66@24lbs
    Shaft stiffness: Stiff
    Head balance: Head Heavy
    Overall B.P: 291mm~
    Racket Length: 675mm
    Level of playing: High Beginner (around there)

Initially, the feel of the racket does resemble like the Apacs Nano Pro 9000 but more solidness feel.

Clear is quite easy for this racket but for smashing wise i find it's abit harder to get full strength out it and the feeling from the shaft is weird(Might be my smashing technique wrong). Driving is good with this racket. Overall on the offensive side, this racket can still pack a punch.

On the defensive side, it is surprisingly faster than I thought. The maneuverability is quite fast despite it is a head heavy racket. For me personally, I find that this racket offers quite a good control. Able to place the shuttle better.

Conclusion

This racket at its price (SGD$120) perform quite good. The pros of this racket are:
    • Solid feel
    • Control (To me)
    • maneuverability
    • Promote environmental friendliness (uses less paint on the racket, that is how they promote them)
    The cons of this the racket are:
    • Power? (I think might be my technique wrong)
    • Weird shaft feeling when smashing
    Comparing this racket to SW35, SW35 is indeed more solid feel + good feel when doing smashing. Offensive side, SW35 wins. While on defensive side, i say Enviro Star 9000 is better than SW35.

Finally other than clones from sintec, i think their own series is also good. I'm satisfy with their own series.

3. huangxl

huangxl Regular Member

Student
    Hi brother, thanks for the review. went and take a look just now at the racket. The profile seems similar to my advance 88 grommet(Purple). Even the balance point and weight is the same. The only difference i see is that instead of just 40 ton hi modulus graphite, woven is being added it seems. Too bad i got too many racket if not i will be tempted to try it. Seen the S thunder as well, to me it seems more solid than the yonex version. Yonex version feel too hollow for me.

4. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    Initially i wanted to get the S thunder, but i see Enviro series is their own series so im giving it a try. I did have a hard time choosing between the Enviro 9000 and 9800. 9800 looks much nicer as the whole racket is made up of woven but too bad it is not as head heavy as 9000.