Kennex Carbon Pro 787 DX

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by -«w@§äß¡»-, Mar 4, 2001.

1. hi

i've been playing badminton the past 5 years (im 17 now...) and im expected to make the OFSAA (ontario high school) finals..been using the same raquet past year or two, but its getting really bent/beaten up (HiQua).. anyways, my uncle bought me a new raquet last week (from HK), the one up on the topic.. the strings are pretty weak, and i dont have much info on this raquet. Anyone have any experience with this thing? i need the strings done and im not sure about the pressure, what kinda strings (looking at Yonex BG-85), etc..

any help would be greatly appreciated,

thanks!

btw, i play a POWER game.. smash a lot..

2. John

John Guest

Hi,

Great news getting a new racket. If you're a power player as you suggest, try having the mains strung at 18/19 lbs, and the crosses at 19/20 lbs at your local stringing shop. If they only ask for a single tension, I'd suggest 20lbs with an inexpensive set of BG65s. If you have the cash to burn, and you know that the stringer you go to plays badminton, you could try the BG85s, just be aware, they'll break pretty darn fast. A friend of mine had his just last 2 weeks, or about 10 hours of play.

Well, hope that helps, and just remember, the higher your tension, the smaller the sweet spot.

Good Smashing,

John.

3. AF

AF Guest

Just curiousity, which HiQua racquet did you break?

Anyways, for stringing your new racquet. If you want a bit more performance, go with a thinner string, at a little higher tension. Then again, where are you from, cause the availability of quality sting may be in short supply in your area. Tension shoud be about 22lbs cause sting will loosen up, especially since high school will use nylon. I personally like Gosen Strings, Tec Gut Tour (GS88). BG66 is thinner than 65, less durability but a better performer. Some people like BG70Pro, I found it good for smashing and good durability, held tension longer than BG65.

Regards,
    AF

-«w@§äß¡»- wrote:
    >
    > hi
    >
    > i've been playing badminton the past 5 years (im 17
    > now...) and im expected to make the OFSAA (ontario high
    > school) finals..been using the same raquet past year or two,
    > but its getting really bent/beaten up (HiQua).. anyways, my
    > uncle bought me a new raquet last week (from HK), the one up
    > on the topic.. the strings are pretty weak, and i dont have
    > much info on this raquet. Anyone have any experience with
    > this thing? i need the strings done and im not sure about the
    > pressure, what kinda strings (looking at Yonex BG-85), etc..
    >
    > any help would be greatly appreciated,
    >
    > thanks!
    >
    > btw, i play a POWER game.. smash a lot..

4. im not sure if this is correct, but im pretty sure it was the HiQua 88 (or something along those lines..) its pretty old...