Preweave first? or Go directly into stringing?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by shot3gun, Dec 30, 2009.

1. shot3gun

shot3gun Regular Member

Which method is better? Preweave before tensioning, or put your racket directly on the machine and start tensioning the strings without preweaving?
    Sorry if this has been discussed before..

2. stogguul

stogguul Regular Member

I prefer pre-weaving my rackets.
    Saves the grommets from damage + you can pre-weave the racket while waiting your turn to play in the gym - so cuts down time on the machine.

3. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    Well my preference right now is to preweave everything, then tension. That's because I do the preweaving while watching tv or eating, and string when I have free time. I suspect that once I start stringing for money, it may change a tad.

4. druss

druss Regular Member

Because I do two piece stringing I only pre weave the mains but have tried preweaving the crosses as well, hard to find a way to keep tension in the mains while doing it though.

5. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    There is an instructional video by Dan(dinkalot) that shows how to keep the tension on the mains while pre weaving. Please do a search or if I get time to find it, I will post the link.

6. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    Ooo I was unaware such a video existed. Then again, I've never had a problem keeping the tension while preweaving. And I've had a very hard time finding any of dan's videos.

7. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I've always hated preweaving. I used to do it but I got annoyed with trying to manipulate rackets that weren't in a machine; I now just go straight to the fun part (after widening all relevant grommets);).

I know I could be quicker if I did do it, but I string in front of a telly so I have no need to go fast at all; a racket lasts me about 2/3 of an episode of Mythbusters these days:D.

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    From the job performance perspective, I cannot see either method is better than another. However, if you have a large quatity of rackets to be done, and want to utilize all the lil pieces of time or have someone willing to help, than pre-weaving has advantage from the time saving perspective. ;)