Pain After Playing

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by huchmo, Dec 31, 2009.

1. huchmo

huchmo Regular Member

student
    When I play I never feel pain but right after I stop everything starts hurting
    would that pain that I didn't feel while i was playing still affect me?

2. Kiloo

Kiloo Regular Member

Engineer
    Your question is vague in the sense that u do not say WHAT exactly pains after u play. Pain is a SIGNAL to which u need to pay attention.
    Happy new year .

3. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Your profile says "student" but this sounds like the complaint of a 50 year old man.:confused::rolleyes:
    Obviously no one can answer your question unless you are more specific. But if you are truly feeling stiff/sore all over after exercise then consider the following:
    1) Are you well hydrated. Not just water during the games, but generally throughout the day?
    2) Have you stretched before and after the game?
    3) Do you have a general medical problem that you are not taking care of (eg. asthma, obesity, diabetes)?

You definitely should not ignore pain, whether or not you feel it during the game. Run your symptoms by your coach, doctor, physiotherapist and see what they think.

4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Yup, agree with Fidget that stretching before and after the game is very important. Many people do warm-ups but not warming down.

5. TedTheFarmer

TedTheFarmer Regular Member

Fidget covered the most common and important reasons behind what is probably causing the pain, but have you considered your technique? I'm not saying it has to be perfect, but if you can ask someone whether you are using the correct basic movements of your arm and body on a shot or in your movement. I know a lot of people who have been in mystery with their pain and it all came down to that, seems like a fairly un-considered issue nowadays.

6. Addict123

Addict123 Regular Member

To answer the question directly: yes, that's normal.

You are not feeling pain during play because of high adrenaline levels. 100.000 years ago, if you were busy running away from a mammoth and stepped on a thorn while doing so, your body would not have survived if you stopped to nurse your big toe. So while you are excited there is no (or less) pain.

Of course, whatever created the pain in the first place still happened, so the pain you feel afterwards is "true" pain, and you will still feel repercussions from any pain you ignored during play.