Ti-10 or MP100?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by doodleboy, Nov 24, 2002.

1. doodleboy

doodleboy Regular Member

businessman
    Just got a ti-10 JP 2U/G5 through a friend in Singapore. Was asking for an MP90 but the price is almost double the Ti-10 or MP100.

I would just want to ask your opinion on me choosing the ti-10 over the MP100. They were sold at the same price and yes yes I know that the MP100 is the newer model but my freind said the ti-10 has a longer shaft with MP frame and thinner shaft. Does this mean that the ti-10 is as good as the MP100?

Thoughts please

2. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    Ti 10 more heavy, more power when smashing, feels more sturdier, slower reflex

MP100 lighter, less power but better for control, faster reflex

prior are all personal oppinions
    should do a seach first! i think this has been discussed before

Just a thought

3. jwu

jwu Regular Member

Medical Research
    since you bought the racquet already, just be happy with the ti-10, or are you suffering from buyer's remorse? :D

do a search and you will find more than enough reviews on the two racquets. Haven't used ti-10 before but it sounds like a smasher's dream racquet from most of the reviews I've read. :) . mp100 is one of those love it or hate it racquet at first since it takes a while to get use to it. my friend who got it last month is still adjusting to it. He can achieve great power and control but just not on a consistent basis. Not sure if that's the racquet or him though. :p

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Once again, here comes the debate of personal preference.

I believe Ti-10 and MP-100 each have whole group of ppl love them to the bones, and the other group just regret why they waste their $$$ on a piece of crap. Actually, isn't that true for almost every racket that ppl brought up for discussion?

So, since u get the racket already, just try to utlize it. If u r very used to regular length, then, the 10mm extra length might give up a little bit trouble to adjust for the 1st several months. Hopefully, u can come up with a positive result later on, and like ur purchase. Otherwise, u will know any similar kinda racket like this one, is out of ur consideration in the future.